mice,bats,squirrels

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

mice,bats,squirrels

�The only solution is to find all areas where they are getting in and block them up. �Until you do that they will continue to go into their nice cozy home - cozy for them, but doing immense damage to your house, both physically and health-wise.� It's worth it to call one of the many companies listed in the yellow pages that offer a guarantee, and have them do a complete house check.Good luck.�

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kshaw75. Show kshaw75's posts

mice,bats,squirrels

I feel the same way.� Not to mention who wants to pay the prices that exterminators charge?!� I'm not a fan of having to wait for an unwanted critter to die somewhere in the walls or attic, so I reasearched and found these solutions:Squirrels�can't stand the smell of ammonia. Pour a little into a dish and put that on the grate of your chimney - if you have one. (Open some windows so there is ventilation).� They also don't like the smell of aftershave, which depending on the brand I can agree with! :)� Leave an open bottle of aftershave in the chimney with the doors closed and flue open so that the scent wafts upward.Mice stay far away from mint. If you know where a mouse has entered the house, saturate a rag with peppermint oil and stuff it in the opening.�Or mix three tablespoons of peppermint soap in a spray bottle with 12 to 16 ounces of water. Then spritz it around openings and pipes. As a bonus, ants hate peppermint too, so you can take care of two pests with one squirt!� You can also plant mint near entrances and borders, this is another good way to keep those little critters away. Hope this helps!