Plaster...everywhere!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mo41083. Show Mo41083's posts

Plaster...everywhere!

My husband I just had two rooms replastered and now there's plaster dust EVERYWHERE (moldings, hard wood floors, windows, etc.)!  Unfortunately we don't have a wet/dry vac and they seem to be the preferred method to clean up.  Are there any other good ways to clean up the dust while we wait for the plaster to dry so we can paint?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Plaster...everywhere!

You'll need to rent a shop vac from Home Depot, Lowes, or other hardware store.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh dear! Plastering is one of the worst and most messy problems a homeowner has to deal with. We had a small leak in our ceiling from the A/C and had to have a 3 x 4 piece of plaster replaced.  It is the sanding that kills. Our entire home had to be cleaned from top to bottom. Including inside our cabinets and the china, pots and pans etc.
    The only thing you can do is vacuuming. Over and over and over again. When you vac, some of the dust particles will go back into the air - thus keep vacuuming.
    Anything you can put in the dishwasher, do so. Take your plants outside and hose them off. Wash your drapes, if they are washable or dry clean them. You can do that with the dryer sheets in your dryer.
    But DON'T use any water inside, where you cannot hose it off. The dust will turn into chalk and make a worse mess.
    Good luck; it will take patience. - Pingo

ETA: It may be too late now, but if you haven't already rented a shop vac, it may be worth it to buy a small one like this one..

http://govex.ngap.com/product.aspx?zpid=2703440

I don't know what HD and Lowe's charges for renting one, but if you need it for a few days (and I believe you will) it may be worth spending $36 for the Stinger. We bought ours many years ago, and it has come in so handy time and time again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mo41083. Show Mo41083's posts

Hi Pingo! Funny you should reply to this old thread today because we were doing some more home repairs this weekend and used the trusty wet/dry vac...such a good investment!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AGUY1. Show AGUY1's posts

Shop vacs don't cost that much money and will always be useful to have.  Get a shop vac.  There are different filters you fit inside for the type of dust you have to deal with.  In your case, something that filters fine dust.

Sections
Shortcuts