what adds more value?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeasyII. Show LeasyII's posts

what adds more value?

I have a large walk in closet & vanity area, and I would like to make it into a small office - (its about  9x5.5) It has windows, ac/heat and electricity in there I would have to add outlets, etc, but it can easily be done, however, then there will be no big walk in closet off the master bed, which may be a con when I go to sell it.  What is better - an extra work area or extra closet space?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

what adds more value?

I think it depends on the location and total size of your home.  I personally would prefer the additional closet space [and I used to work at home too].  Most people can always find other space in which to work, but they do need a place to store all of their stuff.  If you have a small place, I would think that the space is best used as a closet.  Honestly, your closet sounds too small to be converted into a functional office.  Also, I personally prefer to have my work space far away from the bedroom.  I find that the bedroom is more relaxing when you don't have the computer just steps away.  If you don't get a lot of useful replies to this post, I would suggest consulting a real estate broker for a market analysis and get his/her opinion about converting the space.  I would let them know up front that you don't plan on selling your home right now, and work out any details w/ them re the cost of doing the analysis.  Good luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

what adds more value?

Perhaps that site that I hear about on the radio all the time Opt Home could help you determine this.

For me the bigger draw would be the closet.  Putting stuff away and out of site is great.  Plus as ALF metioned it would be more relaxing without a computer just steps away.  When I work from home I specifically will have to go into the office and shut the door to block out the relaxation my home offers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonvlad. Show bostonvlad's posts

what adds more value?

Use it as an office and covert it back to closet when you sell it