10 Biggest Wedding Guest Mistakes Articl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Hi Everyone,

Was just into MSN, and today they have an article in the Women's Lifestyle section on the "10 Biggest Mistakes by Wedding Guests"..

might be of interest...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ah, great article! Don't we all agree on those?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Funny my co-worker just sent me the article.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

(raising hand) "i agree!!"...i think its a great article especially for a newly engaged bride...when we're newly engaged and start looking @ stuff and getting ideas of what we want, we're all so blind!!

i found myself astounded @ the crap people pulled (or at least tried to pull) the closer it got to my date...right when I thought I saw it all, I didn't!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

I don't agree with all of these, actually. I do agree that guests should be polite and on time.

I don't think the maid of honor should call the non RSVP'ers.

I think you should expect a few phone calls about places to stay if your wedding involves travel and you did not include that in the invitation.

I think the bit about the registry is ridiculous, impossibly self centered and well, I can't think of another word. Its just wrong to imply that someone has made a grave error in selecting a gift that is not on the registry.

I know this will generate trouble, but I think some of the do not play lists are silly and over controlling. Songs with nasty words are one thing and I do agree that as this is a private function paid for by someone else, so requests should really be kept to a minimum, but some people take out all the music that makes people get up and dance!

#10 is ludicrous. If they are YOUR guests, they can not be crashing YOUR wedding. If they sneak a few stuffed mushrooms from the bride next door ON PURPOSE, that's different.

And I think SOME brides should not take themselves so seriously.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

echo ash.

add - requesting songs at a party is now impolite???? since when?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from booklover. Show booklover's posts

I read that. I thought the title of the article should have been "How to be a complete control freak."

Part of the charm about weddings or any large gathering/party is the unexpected things that happen. You can plan the perfect wedding, down to the nth detail, with pre-approved "toasts," etc. but what if your shy uncle gets up to the mic to wish you all the best. You'll never forget that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ralphluv. Show ralphluv's posts

It sent shivers down my spine when I saw "The Knot" on it...

I thought it was going to be a funny list....not funny...sad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ralphluv. Show ralphluv's posts

Thatta girl. I'm not a big YMCA person but that's not going to ruin my day if someone requests it...

I will be mad if that "Humps" song from Fergie makes an appearance...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

I completely disagree with the one about gifts. There is absolutely nothing wrong with buying off registry. If the bride doesn't like the present she can return it ,or she can put it on Ebay, or give it to the runnage sale. No matter what, she MUST write a lovelyl thank you note (and not mention that the gift was returned). Registering at "some funky shop" like a museum store will not help people who don't like to buy from the registry.

I agree with Ash that stressing about music seems overly controling. The only songs on our "do not play" list were ones that had bad memories of old relationships (which I think was one or two songs)

Of course all guests should RSVP promptly, arrive on time and send gifts directly to the bride/groom, brides mother (etc). Wedding gifts are never brought to the reception since they may be lost or stolen. And it's a huge pain to arrange to have them taken away afterwards. :)