Affordable Caterer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheaper. Show cheaper's posts

Affordable Caterer

Does anyone have any ideas for me? I'm a groom in a sea of brides and I'm trying to help my over-worked fiance get a handle on some people who might give us good service/food.

We're getting married in Sept at the Payne Estate and we need your valuable advice.

Our wedding will have 80 people, so it will be a small affair.

Thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ade333. Show ade333's posts

Affordable Caterer

I assist my friend as a "day of " assistant whenever my schedule permits. I have worked at weddings over the years that have used Tables of Content. I believe they won Best of Boston a few years ago? The first wedding I went to with them was at the Lyman Estate in Waltham- that was 4 years ago and I still remember the savory carmelized onion cheesecake!

I believe they can work with all budgets because the weddings I have worked when they were the caterer included 2 at the Gamble Mansion (one was for 20 people), Lyman Estate, and Fogg Museum. I love working with them- one of the owners is always there the night of the event, and the staff is wonderful.

Tables of Content recently did a wedding at the Admiral's house? in Watertown. My co-worker was talking about a great wedding he went to and how the bride and groom couldn't spend much money, but the location was beautiful and the food was amazing. He even asked the groom who the caterer was!

Another caterer I remember is Tiger Lily, I have no idea what their prices are like but their food is amazing too!

Good luck, and SO sweet of you to support your fiance. Wedding planning can be very stressful!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tinshee. Show tinshee's posts

Affordable Caterer

I used to work for Bakers Best in Newton Highlands. I thought their food was delicious and we worked at a lot of the area venues when I worked there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheaper. Show cheaper's posts

Affordable Caterer

Thanks so much for your suggestions. I appreciate your input! I'll look into them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mwalimu. Show mwalimu's posts

Affordable Caterer

We went to a few events catered by Green Olive and were very impressed with the food and service.
    http://greenoliveco.com/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 9.6.08. Show 9.6.08's posts

Affordable Caterer

I am getting married next September at the Gamble Mansion, so we haven't experienced our caterer during our wedding yet, but we have had our tasting and done some initial planning, and so far so good. We are using Cuisine Chez Vous (they are based in Somerville). They are totally willing to work within your budget, and if you don't need a lot of rentals it is really reasonable.

Good Luck.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from busybeetrothed. Show busybeetrothed's posts

Affordable Caterer

Hi Kelroby,

Overworked fiance here. Just wondering how affordable vinwood has been for you guys. Any way you could email me privately and give me an idea? We are on a pretty shoestring budget, so cost is a huge factor.

I had read a lot of old threads, and it seems like some of these caterers might be above our price range. We're talking $55 to $60 per person, including everything, rentals, hors d'oeuvres, coffee, service, taxes, all that. It seems tough to get creative, fabulous food under $6,000 for 80 people.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rak-est-2006. Show rak-est-2006's posts

Affordable Caterer

Try Truly Jorgs. He is really a pastry shop but also does catering. We originally went to him for just our cake and ended up having him do the whole thing! Our wedding was a similar size. We priced several of the caterers mentioned in this post and found his to be the best price, value and he was awesome to work with. We got married at The Commander's Mansion in Watertown and like you had to bring in everything ourselves! He coordinated everything for us, including setup of our ceremony outside.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from starbuckslas. Show starbuckslas's posts

Affordable Caterer

Creative Catering in Beverly

Tiger Lily- Beverly

Creeds Catering- Beverly

Henry's Market- Beverly

and last but not least I second Vinwood

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rak-est-2006. Show rak-est-2006's posts

Affordable Caterer

Wow I'm surprised that you said that Truly Jorgs was more expensive than Vinwood. I priced out Vinwood, as well as Bakers Best, Celebrations Gourmet Catering and East Meets West for our wedding last year and they were more expensive. We had a plated dinner so maybe that's where the cost difference is vs. having stations.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheaper. Show cheaper's posts

Affordable Caterer

To Everyone who responded to my thread:

I want to take time to thank you all for helping me. It's given me a lot of great options. Your answers were thoughtful and gave me many ideas.

I really appreciate it.

I've lined up a few caterers and will be going through the process of narrowing them down.

Have a great holiday season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheaper. Show cheaper's posts

Affordable Caterer

I left everone a thank you, but I want to send one to all so they know I read their post and was impressed with how helpful everyone has been.

Thanks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheaper. Show cheaper's posts

Affordable Caterer

I have a good list of caterers now thanks to all of you. I appreciate your help!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheaper. Show cheaper's posts

Affordable Caterer

I heard good things about them. Thanks so much for taking the time to give me some information!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheaper. Show cheaper's posts

Affordable Caterer

We've tried contacting them, but they're booked. Too bad. Have a great wedding and we'll cross our fingers for good weather for you too....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheaper. Show cheaper's posts

Affordable Caterer

Thanks for the suggestion. I liked their website. I appreciate your help.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheaper. Show cheaper's posts

Affordable Caterer

They are located not too far from us in Somerville. This is worth checking out. Thanks!.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheaper. Show cheaper's posts

Affordable Caterer

Thank you for the recommendation. I hope the rest of the wedding went well!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheaper. Show cheaper's posts

Affordable Caterer

I will. Thank you for the suggestion...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheaper. Show cheaper's posts

Affordable Caterer

We went to the site and were impressed. They are sending us menus as we speak!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rak-est-2006. Show rak-est-2006's posts

Affordable Caterer

feel free to email me through the board if you have any more questions!

Sections
Shortcuts