Airline Ticket + Name Change

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from austengirl. Show austengirl's posts

GOod Morning,

I have been married since October so most of my stuff has been changed over to my new married name except for our plane tickets for March. We called American Airlines today and they said I do not need to change my name on the tickets I just have to have my Marriage License and New Passport with me...Is it this simple truly? Anyone do this? They let you through security? They said if I wanted to change my name they would have to reissue the ticket which means I could lose my seat next to Hubby and there would be fees...Thanks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetoplan. Show lovetoplan's posts

Your marriage license is the legal document of your name change. As long as you have the original ticket w/ your maiden name and your license, passport, soc secuirty card all say your new name exactly the way it is on your marriage license, it shouldn't be an issue.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kel96. Show kel96's posts

I agree with what some of the other posters said about making sure you have all your paperwork with you and allowing yourself extra time in case you do come across a problem. But I don't think your seat comment was silly at all. I wouldn't want to travel with my husband and not sit next to him on the flight! Believe me, I've had to do it before, and it's not fun!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

On our flights to and from our honeymoon, I chose the window and aisle seats for DH and me so that some poor schmoe had to sit in the middle.

My friends thought that was weird, but I thought that voluntarily sitting in the middle seat was weirder. I'm wide and DH is tall -- the middle seat isn't fun for either of us...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from austengirl. Show austengirl's posts

We bought the tickets the day they went on sale and for the flight we have - nonstop early morning on the way and nonstop later in the day on return - are all sold out or a good $200 per ticket more then our price. It actually works out really well we saved almost $500 by doing it an entire year before.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from austengirl. Show austengirl's posts

Aaahhh...gotcha.

Sections
Shortcuts