alternatives to Internet dating

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from eg-is-back. Show eg-is-back's posts

[Quote]Queen would never demand payment in full with a 20% tip. If a guy is going to do that, I hope you girls are planning on disrobing and doing your thing. None of this, "Hey, that was fun (eating), we should do it again (more eating). Maybe you can pick me up in your car, pay for the gas, pay to park it, pay for my drinks and mega dinner, somehow squeeze me back in to your car and roll me home."[/Quote]

so it has to be a same-night reciprocation? The guy should not have to make any effort unless you let him know up front he's going to get lucky right after the date? That is so romantic....your wife is a lucky woman.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

[Quote]

I knew that's what dinner meant, I just really did not know how to respond to his suggestion, as I was rather shocked that it would come up so quickly. Maybe he figured I was not worth spending money on if I was not a sure thing. (after three dates?)

The guys I've met online recently all seem to want to get physical quickly. I am back to thinking I don't like this type of dating. It's too much intimacy too soon.[/Quote]

Holy moly! He actually asked you to come over for dinner for the 3rd date? That's bizarre. If you really want to test him, go for dinner, but bring along cookies for dessert and then leave by 11. If he asks you out again after getting nothing but cookies for dessert, you'll know he was just clueless. If he doesn't call you again, well, you're better off. I never had anyone suggest dinner until we'd been dating for 6-8 weeks. And even then, I'd make 'em wait. :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

No need to pick me up, I could just meet him, have my lobster and champagne , and then sneak out the back door.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from eg-is-back. Show eg-is-back's posts

[Quote]

Holy moly! He actually asked you to come over for dinner for the 3rd date? That's bizarre. If you really want to test him, go for dinner, but bring along cookies for dessert and then leave by 11. If he asks you out again after getting nothing but cookies for dessert, you'll know he was just clueless. If he doesn't call you again, well, you're better off. I never had anyone suggest dinner until we'd been dating for 6-8 weeks. And even then, I'd make 'em wait. :-)[/Quote]

I know! I think I'll wait and see what he does next. I'm glad to hear that I am not unreasonable to not expect to get physical so quickly. Usually I've dated people I met through work, or friends, and I know them for weeks or months before I start dating them. This is different!

Maybe he wants to meet someone who is up for a fling right now, vs. a relationship. Who knows, I hardly know the guy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

Egis, if the guy is supposed to impress you, what is the girl supposed to do? Calm is rippin'.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

You girls sit back, woof some ribs and wait for the guy to do some impressin'.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

[Quote]Egis, if the guy is supposed to impress you, what is the girl supposed to do? Calm is rippin'.[/Quote]

Dude, live up to your name. Calm down. The gentleman is supposed to impress the lady. The lady is supposed to show up, nicely dressed and made up so that other male heads turn enviously as they walk into the restaurant, supply witty conversation and laugh at the gentleman's jokes. The lady is also not supposed to order the most expensive item on the menu or drink herself silly. She is supposed to select an item on the menu that is middle of the road for prices, and let the gentleman suggest what kind of wine or other adult beverage she should try.

ETA; BTW, it's 'wolf' not 'woof'. "Woof" is a sound a dog makes. "Wolf" is a verb and means "eats ones food quickly".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigWillie2. Show BigWillie2's posts

[Quote]
    What about if a woman suggests doing something, would you still pay? For example, if you suggested something to her (such as cooking her dinner) and she said, how about a movie instead?[/Quote]

If she suggested something like a movie, sure I'd still pay. Now if it was something ridiculously expensive then we may have a problem.

I must be clueless. Since I do like to cook I could see myself making that kind of offer without it ever crossing my mind that there was an implied message in there. But then I wouldn't be making that offer very early on anyway.

So. Has anyone ever seen ability, calmdown, and sidewinder in the same room at the same time? Just wondering.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

Wolf or woof, you need to calmdown. Lets just say someone takes Egis or Tru out and they aren't dressed nice, don't turn male heads, don't supply witty conversation or understand his jokes, what's the guy to do then? Is he supposed to keep on impressin'? THE FREE RIDE IS OVER LADIES.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

[Quote]Wolf or woof, you need to calmdown. Lets just say someone takes Egis or Tru out and they aren't dressed nice, don't turn male heads, don't supply witty conversation or understand his jokes, what's the guy to do then? Is he supposed to keep on impressin'? THE FREE RIDE IS OVER LADIES.[/Quote]

Then the gentleman says that there was a mixup w/ the reservation he made at No. 9 Park and takes her to dinner at Boston Market instead. If you don't want to play the game, calm down, then don't date. Or stick to dating low class broads rather than ladies and you can bum cigarettes from them and drink from the flasks they have stashed in their purses. That sounds right up your alley.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from eg-is-back. Show eg-is-back's posts

[Quote]Not only take care of it eg, but take care of it without you ever knowing it. Never do math at the table. [/Quote]

good point. The idea is to minimize the awareness of paying, right? It's just a nice thing to do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

My worry is for the ladies here. I just worry about them. They could be on a date with the greatest guy in the world but if he doesn't cough up the loot, that could be the dealbreaker, and off he goes, never to be dated again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from eg-is-back. Show eg-is-back's posts

[Quote]My worry is for the ladies here. I just worry about them. They could be on a date with the greatest guy in the world but if he doesn't cough up the loot, that could be the dealbreaker, and off he goes, never to be dated again.[/Quote]

I actually think you have a point, calm (!) I think that in this day and age, this stuff is not completely cut and dried. I've met so many men who don't do the "guy pays" thing, and I have at least one woman friend who does not think it means much. Others think it is very important.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

[Quote]Wthen? Is he supposed to keep on impressin'? THE FREE RIDE IS OVER LADIES.[/Quote] No he isn't supposed to keep impressing and usually doesn't. For your anniversary do you take your wife to the 2 for 1 dinners at Applebee's and hand her the check?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

[Quote]My worry is for the ladies here. I just worry about them. They could be on a date with the greatest guy in the world but if he doesn't cough up the loot, that could be the dealbreaker, and off he goes, never to be dated again.[/Quote] That's like saying that a man is out with the greatest woman in the world, but she's doesn't look like a model, so off she goes, never to be dated again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

[Quote]My worry is for the ladies here. I just worry about them. They could be on a date with the greatest guy in the world but if he doesn't cough up the loot, that could be the dealbreaker, and off he goes, never to be dated again.[/Quote]

No need to worry on my account. I went on a date w/ the greatest guy in the world, and married him 2.5 years later. And, yes, he paid on our first date. :-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

[Quote] No he isn't supposed to keep impressing and usually doesn't. For your anniversary do you take your wife to the 2 for 1 dinners at Applebee's and hand her the check?[/Quote]

Tru, my Entertainment Book did not have anything for Applebee's in it so we can't go there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

Alf, that is great but all I am saying is if I take Tru out on a date and I don't pay for her Triple Fudge Chunk Supreme while I sit there eating half of a mint, don't go nuthouse on me because I did not put my wallet on the ground and kick it over to you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

[Quote]Alf, that is great but all I am saying is if I take Tru out on a date and I don't pay for her Triple Fudge Chunk Supreme while I sit there eating half of a mint, don't go nuthouse on me because I did not put my wallet on the ground and kick it over to you.[/Quote]

I don't think anyone said they went nuthouse if the guy didn't pay. They pulled out their own wallet and paid their way - they just didn't go out w/ the guy again.

And I'm sure that Tru would share her Triple Fudge Chunk Supreme w/ you if you asked her nicely.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

See, it's shouldn't be that hard. I'm not sure where eg is meeting these guys, but it does remind me of a guy I went out with who "forgot" his wallet not only the first date, but the second one I was so stupid to go on as well. And he lived in eg's neck of the woods. Is proximity a factor I wonder?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

[Quote]

And I'm sure that Tru would share her Triple Fudge Chunk Supreme w/ you if you asked her nicely.[/Quote] Maybe just a little bite.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

[Quote]Alf, after he shelled out his dough on the first date, then what happened....[/Quote]

We each went to our separate homes, and he asked me out again the very next day. Not everyone requires "dessert" on the first, second or third dates......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from eg-is-back. Show eg-is-back's posts

[Quote]See, it's shouldn't be that hard. I'm not sure where eg is meeting these guys, but it does remind me of a guy T went out with who "forgot" his wallet not only the first date, but the second one I was so stupid to go on as well. And he lived in eg's neck of the woods. Is proximity a factor I wonder?[/Quote]

could be. I seem to find a lot of these guys. Maybe it's something I do, I don't know.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoDubya. Show BoDubya's posts

i meet tons of people through work, but i'm always a little nervous about bringing these two worlds together. ran into one of my old interns and she gave me her number the other night. not sure i want to date someone 15 years younger than me - but it could be fun. i certainly don't act my age.

i've had some good internet dates - you just have to know how to do your own filtering.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soze. Show soze's posts

It's called going outside.