BDC Dottie - Talk to us

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarahbth. Show sarahbth's posts

BDC Dottie - Talk to us

So far, the promised changes happened for less than a half day before being pulled. Search was improved so you could get a hundred thread listings fast - But they are useless if from before May, because they are not number indexed within each thread. Reply is still a huge problem. Picture acceptance was dropped, then returned, but dropped again as soon as people started using them and posts increased.
    Yesterday, posts were held and released 1 to 4 hours after 4-17 had been posted. How can any conversation or discussion be carried on? People have lives. What happens on opinion news boards may need some monitoring for pictures and posts, for broadcast standards. Weddings, chat, parents boards certaining do not.
    Reply functions do not work - they often are attributed to someone different than the poster. Half through typing a post, it may disappear - this one did twice.
    If the Boston Globe were still a reputable newspaper or online source, they would have had a lifestyle reporter do an article on the hundreds of written complaints on the boards, and the Business section would note the outrageous decline in viewership of ads by Wedding board and chat forums, which used to be among your most active.

Do we need to bring the story to your competitors, and to every tv and electronic news in Boston: BDC has destroyed its very active boards through incompetence. Business Magazines take note: Viewership of ads is down to less that 10% due to drastic cuts in use, and viewer numbers are now hidden, where prominently displayed before.

Every complaint to feedback or to editors gets a form reply.
    Talk to us. Or permanently close the boards. Keeping this mess going as is is a frustration exercise for users, and a public embarrassment for Boston.com.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

BDC Dottie - Talk to us

you said it! too bad they wont care

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

BDC Dottie - Talk to us

Well said.

I have inside knowledge that they really DON'T care. I have a friend at work whose husband works for BDC, and she told me, "Good luck trying to get them to fix anything; they couldn't care less about those boards."

BCD Dottie, PLEASE PROVE HER/ME WRONG!!!!

:(

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarahbth. Show sarahbth's posts

BDC Dottie - Talk to us

Maybe they would consider a front page statement to all of the paying advertisers. They have links to see about potholes and all sorts of things, surely they should account for a monumental mess BDC has made, that has resulted in greatly reduced viewership for ads. Advertiser refunds?

The former system had a few bugs, and a definate problem in not having directions, so people learned by experience.

This mess is like a reference library where individual books have had numbers removed, and only 5 of 20 functions work at a given time.
    Some of the opinion boards do not need much of a past reference that is searchable, but areas like wedding absolutely need them. BDC collects money for wedding related ads, too.

There is no question they can be fixed - it is not rocket science. They have to give a hoot about their readers and advertisers, though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CD119. Show CD119's posts

BDC Dottie - Talk to us

I get the feeling BDC Dottie no longer works there. Nobody has replied to anything in weeks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarahbth. Show sarahbth's posts

BDC Dottie - Talk to us

CD119 - I assume that BDC Dottie is whoever is assigned to the function of communicating with posters. Last heard from 8-1 about pictures no longer coming through. The signature on the last RAH RAH see the improvements - you know, the ones that lasted about half a day - wasn't it Teresa M. Hanafin
    Director of Community Publishing
    617-929-3066

a real person.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

BDC Dottie - Talk to us

I think BDC Dottie is a broad name for anyone employed at BDC, who post here on the boards.
    Teresa Hanafin (the director of community relations) is the one I have e-mailed to repeatedly - but I think even she has given up. Usually, she was replying to my e-mails, but my last few emails had been forwarded to someone else higher up.
    I think these boards are going to pots. As someone said earlier, no one at BDC really cares. These forums are free, so why should they. Today everything is about money - unfortunately. - Pingo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

BDC Dottie - Talk to us

The simple thing to do is to post on the Boston pages of the knot - didn't someone on another thread say that the Boston board is pretty dead? Let's take it over. Register your current name, and maybe add a BDC in front of it so we can figure out who came from this board. BDC has had months to fix this; it's pretty clear they don't give a hoot. Let's ditch them and go en masse to another board.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sher. Show sher's posts

BDC Dottie - Talk to us

They must care a little, BDCLifestyleStaff-CLOSED keeps posting new threads. so they have some interest in keeping the boards alive. It's also August which is a huge vacation month for a lot of offices. that may have something to do with the lack of responses. then again maybe they broke these boards so badly that they can't / don't want to handle the backlash. I sent a complaint the other day and didn't even get the standard "thank you for writing" reply.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenclown. Show greenclown's posts

BDC Dottie - Talk to us

The Knot isn't dead. It's too busy to keep up. The Boston board on Wedding Channel is dead.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

BDC Dottie - Talk to us

[Quote]The Knot isn't dead. It's too busy to keep up. The Boston board on Wedding Channel is dead.[/Quote]

That must be the one I'm thinking of. Let's hightail it over there and set up identical user names w/ a preface of BDC. I'm game if anyone else is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

BDC Dottie - Talk to us

Sorry, alfie, I can't do the knot. it's like kindergarten over there.

The last time I went on the Knot, all I saw was the stupid count-down graphics and the "i'm so excited i just ordered my fingernail polish" posts. And I think the boards are annoying to navigate.

Granted, the last time I checked the Knot was about a year ago.......haven't had the need to go back.

I'm addicted to THESE boards with all our peeps!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

BDC Dottie - Talk to us

[Quote]Sorry, alfie, I can't do the knot. it's like kindergarten over there.

The last time I went on the Knot, all I saw was the stupid count-down graphics and the "i'm so excited i just ordered my fingernail polish" posts. And I think the boards are annoying to navigate.

Granted, the last time I checked the Knot was about a year ago.......haven't had the need to go back.

I'm addicted to THESE boards with all our peeps![/Quote]

Cosmo, I checked out the knot today and almost barfed. :-) Fortunately, greenclown pointed out that the slow Boston board that I was thinking of is at the wedding channel. If they don't fix these boards by the end of the month, I vote that we all head over there and take it over, prefacing our current names w/ BDC or FBDC [F for former]. Any takers?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

BDC Dottie - Talk to us

lol you haven't missed much cosmo. It's still like that over there. Although if I have a quick question I do post but for the most part I just "lurk". the constant "I updated my bio!" posts can be a little much sometimes so I just ignore them. the national boards are more fun than the locals/wedding clubs. :-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

BDC Dottie - Talk to us

i do remember being wildly entertained by the old weddingchannel.com boards.

it was like the wedding edition of Jerry Springer!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

BDC Dottie - Talk to us

[Quote]Sorry, alfie, I can't do the knot. it's like kindergarten over there.

I'm addicted to THESE boards with all our peeps![/Quote]

I just signed up for the weddingchannel.com and am looking at the local boston boards like Greenclown mentioned. They are dead we can completely take over there. My username is the same wendy98.... Please everyone come over and join.

http://boards.weddingchannel.com/forum.jspa?forumID=22

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

BDC Dottie - Talk to us

you all have been so special to me! Dont go to another board

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarahbth. Show sarahbth's posts

BDC Dottie - Talk to us

BDCSarahbth over there.
    The knot is stick too nauseating. I like that WC boards are clean and spare. Spell check. Email.
    Aseparate section of boston board for non wedding chat thread.
    Give it a try, can't hurt.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2007BrideToBe. Show 2007BrideToBe's posts

BDC Dottie - Talk to us

I'm all with making the move. I think I'll change my name though since I haven't been a "bride to be" for almost a year now.

Maybe if we all move someplace else, BDC will get the message and fix the boards.

Cosmo, I know how you feel about your peeps. I'm addicted too; I just do more lurking than posting. The problem is the boards as they are currently set up are really miserable and not much fun to be on.

Can't we broadcast a message to all of our brethren to join us on the boston boards of wedding channel dot com? Maybe we can recreate that old BDC spirit over there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

BDC Dottie - Talk to us

I've given up whining. It's their viewership, what do I care if they shoot themselves in the foot? They don't owe me these boards.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CD119. Show CD119's posts

BDC Dottie - Talk to us

http://kvetch.indiebride.com has good stuff too, though there's not a boston forum, just a "getting married in ma?" thread under vendors. There are no advertisements for wedding panties and Sandals streaming constantly, though,

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

BDC Dottie - Talk to us

[Quote]The Knot isn't dead. It's too busy to keep up. The Boston board on Wedding Channel is dead.[/Quote]

Okay, my post just showed up with an edit feature - just not with the message I typed originally!

I headed over to WC. I can't take these boards any more. They are teh scuk.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl79. Show quadgirl79's posts

BDC Dottie - Talk to us

I was married last November and still lurk to help out friends and family who are currently in the wedding planning process. I am pregnant so spend most of my time in the parenting boards now. I am not a big fan of these boards either but since it seems they are never going to do anything about it I just hope my posts work and move along. If you dont like it stop complaining, they are not going to fix it so move on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sher. Show sher's posts

BDC Dottie - Talk to us

update: i just got a reply to my feedback of 8/11 it says:
    Good Afternoon:
    Thank you for writing to Boston.com to let us know about this problem. This occurred due to a glitch, which has been resolved.
    If you notice any other issues, or continue to have trouble, please let us know so we can investigate.
    Kind regards,
    Customer Support
    Boston.com

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

BDC Dottie - Talk to us

just checking to see if this posts....

Sections
Shortcuts