BDCDottie - Pictures not coming through

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarahbth. Show sarahbth's posts

In the last few days I have given up on several posts, because most of the pictures will not post except as empty blocks. These are pictures from sources used before, not copyright blocked.
    Dresses and ring settings without pictures? Please fix.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

Yes, this is getting so frustrating that am afraid people will start to abandon the boards entirely, which would be a sad loss.

~Sarah

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Has anyone checked out the new "Bomoms" website that boston.com started and has been promoting all over the place.

It makes me so furious because it's perfect!!! Nothing like these lousy boards. They're everything that ours should be. I guess they can make a lot more money from baby advertisers than wedding advertisers.

So we know that they do have the ABILITY to still host a great board. They just don't want to.

Our next step will be to write to all the bdc advertisers and tell them to save their money, that no one will be reading their ads here anymore because the site is so bad.

(hmmm....wondering if THIS post will get past the BDC censors.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

[Quote]Has anyone checked out the new "Bomoms" website that boston.com started and has been promoting all over the place.

It makes me so furious because it's perfect!!! Nothing like these lousy boards. They're everything that ours should be. I guess they can make a lot more money from baby advertisers than wedding advertisers.

So we know that they do have the ABILITY to still host a great board. They just don't want to.

Our next step will be to write to all the bdc advertisers and tell them to save their money, that no one will be reading their ads here anymore because the site is so bad.

(hmmm....wondering if THIS post will get past the BDC censors.)[/Quote]

I've noticed that too, cosmo. It's infuriating. I'm guessing that the BDC Dottie maven is a new mom and would rather spend time futzing w/ the features on that board than w/ the other boards. The mental capacity of those who post on the BoMoms leaves a bit to be desired too. Why weren't the regular parents boards good enough for them? I'm posting on that board [till I find a new one that is similar that actually works] b/c the BoMoms page doesn't appear to give a flying rat's patootie about people TTC, just women who have already given birth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

where did the thing go that told us how many new posts in a thread since we last read it? I think it worked one day? What is that all about?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

[Quote]where did the thing go that told us how many new posts in a thread since we last read it? I think it worked one day? What is that all about?[/Quote]

It broke and they apparently don't want to fix it. People have been clamoring for them to bring back that feature since the boards were changed in May. Way to go BDC! It works on the BoMoms page, but the rest of the pages are apparently for the peasants. They have the ability to do it, but just can't be bothered. I'm guessing long coffee break.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Wedding ladies - please hang in there. I agree these boards are the worst ever - the more they try to fix - the worse it becomes.
    All my friends at the Chat board are hardly ever seen anymore. Think they gave up in frustration.
    If you ladies also start to abandon the boards - there will be none and BDC will just wash their hands and throw in the towel.
    I have been in continued contact w/ Teresa Hanafin - the director of Community Publishing. I couldn't even post or reply from my home computer. But that she got fixed by having the boards changed to a new platform. So, they are willing to work w/ us.
    There are still so many ARGH!!! questions ---
    What we really have to do is to keep complaining (I know, they won't like me for saying that). Tell them what troubles you - and keep doing it until it get fixed.
    They have to know that the boards are still active - so they don't scratch them all together. I am sure at this point, they are most willing to do so. We have become one big pain in the behind for them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Hi, everybody ... I'm so sorry for your frustration with these boards. The forums company is working to add the features that the old boards had, starting with being able to return to the spot in a thread where you left off, getting a flag on every discussion where you've added a comments, and seeing how many new comments have been added since your last visit.

I also have asked for photos specifically because of your needs here on the Weddings board ... it's really a critical function for you.