bridal recommendations north shore/boston area

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Give David's a chance, especially if you are on a tight budget. I went to the one off Route 1 in Danvers and got a beautiful dress and great customer service from Cindy (forget her last name, short black hair).

I'm not doing my alterations there, however, b/c I have been successfully scared away from that...but I would not rule them out for buying the actual dress.

Good luck!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I have heard good things about Pure Bliss in Newburyport.

Personally, I have been to Bridals by Valerie in Reading and Gianna's in Stoneham. No complaints about either. Small hhops. Got much more attention/service at Gianna's, but the prices seemed higher for bm dresses.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Try Marry & Tux in Nashua,NH dress are 1,500 and under plus they have a huge selection of bride maid & mother dresses too!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from reversecurve. Show reversecurve's posts

Try Vows in Newton. Lots of gowns under $1000. I'd suggest an evening appt rather than the walk-ins on Saturday, just because you get a little more personal attention. Most of the gowns are on the website: bridepower.com, but they also have new things that aren't on line yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I second Pure Bliss in Newburyport. I spent about $1k on my dress there. If you give Jeanine a price range, she will only bring out dresses in that range - which is so much better than going through the racks on your own. As she was ringing up my dress, I saw a gorgeous dress on a bust and asked about it. She wouldn't even let me try it on b/c it was $2500. I'm glad she didn't b/c I would probably have fallen in love w/ it - it was very similar to the one I had picked out but that cost $1500 less. :-)

My sister got her dress at Gianna's in Stoneham too, for under $1k. My other sister went to Vows in Newton, but spent well over $1k.

Whatever you do, go to places w/ appointments and assistance. If you go through the racks on your own, you will find dresses you love in a price that you don't. Let the consultant bring the dresses to you. You give them a general idea of style [I told Jeanine I wanted, simple, elegant and classic style dresses and she delivered] and they bring out those dresses in your price range. Pawing through the racks on your own is dangerous to your wallet. Good luck!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CityGirl07. Show CityGirl07's posts

Very highly recommend Bella Sera in Middleton!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam80. Show sam80's posts

If you are okay with a little bit of a drive-Judy at The Bridal Secret in Quincy was great! She saved my day after a disaster dress experience on Newbury Street. Her prices are reasonable, all her dresses are handpicked samples, and she does all the alterations beautifully! Good luck with your search!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleSpig04. Show LittleSpig04's posts

Bridals by Valerie in Reading, MA.

I cannot say enough good things about them. They are ALWAYS nice and willing to help. I even went to their shop on a Sunday with my sister to try on my dress and I did not know they were closed on Sundays. The owner was cutting down trees at her store after a wind storm this summer and threw out her back. She opened up her store for me so I could show my sister the dress I wanted. Incredible!!!!

GO THERE. You will not be disappointed :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy1821. Show judy1821's posts

I got my dress at Belle in Bridal in Medford(lg selection).. they had excellent customer service and gave me discount. GL!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshine2008. Show sunshine2008's posts

I second Madeleines Daughter. They are right off of rt 95, and have flexible hours, and great selection. You havelarge provate dressing rooms, and have extremely reasonable pricing. Mary and Mackenzie are great to work with. I have just sent them a Thank You note from my August wedding, with pictures. They also have a great seamstress right there on site, so it's very flexible.
    Stay scared of David's. Some brides have successful times there, but in general their practice of business is not the most ethical, and for $600, you can get much better quality.
    Also Vows in Newton is only good interms of inventory, if your a street size 2-8. they do not carry much for larger sizes of 10-14.
    Good Luck!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vanessa11382. Show Vanessa11382's posts

I got my dress at Daal's in Haverhill... they are wonderful

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from June09. Show June09's posts

I got mine at Madeline's Daughter as well. I went there because they were one of the few stores in the area that had a dress I wanted to try on. It turned out to be "the" dress. I also worked with Juhree. She was wonderful.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

[Quote]thank you all so much - i have a game plan now - and i'm excited about it... my next question is: if i'm going to look on a monday (during the day, not in the evening), should i schedule an appointment?[/Quote]

Yes. Some places will not see you w/o an appt. Also, even if they fit you in, you don't know if they have someone coming in for an appt in 30 minutes. I'd rather have their undivided attention, than I would have them sqeeze me in w/ their scheduled appts. You'll get better service w/ an appt. Good luck.