buddy speech

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rinkrat27. Show rinkrat27's posts

buddy speech

Hello all - I am new to this sort of message board thing, and not sure if this topic has been brought up before, but I am in need of advice and have no where else to turn. My goal for the new year and 2nd half of my life, is not to be the *buddy* when it comes to relationships. I am hoping someone, somewhere, somehow can explain to me why in the many, many years of dating, I am always the *buddy*. It doesn't start out that way, but it never fails. Within 1-3 months of seeing someone and I won't even get into the trying to meet someone, I get the buddy speech. "Let's be friends, I love you but I'm not in love with you", etc, etc, etc. Then the boys go out, meet someone else within 1 month if they haven't been dating already, and marry them. I am sick and tired of this turning men skill I seem to have! If I could bottle this power, I would sell it, and retire on a 'round the world cruise. If anyone has any idea on how I can break this warped power/skill I have, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me break this buddy speech crap. It's so incredibly frustrating .........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puweet. Show puweet's posts

buddy speech

Hello -

Well... do you act like a buddy? I don't know your personality but I had a friend years ago that would get the buddy comment because she acted loud. She wanted their attention to the point there was no chase. It may seem old fashioned but guys want to work for something.

Ultimately, you are who you are but we can all use some areas to be polished. Perhaps you share to much information to soon? what have your friends said?

P

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from eg-is-back. Show eg-is-back's posts

buddy speech

It could be that when these guys break up with you, they still really like you, but they don't feel that "spark" that makes them want to keep being romantic. So, they want you to know that they think you are a good person. Or perhaps they date you for a while, until they meet someone else they are more into. I know a lot of people on this board make fun of it, but I really liked the book "He's Just Not That Into You." It helps you understand that you cannot make anyone like you, but you can learn how to stay away from those guys who are not really that into you.

If you see any warning signs, as described in the book, don't date the guy! (warning signs include, he does not ask you on proper dates, but only calls for "sleepovers," etc.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

buddy speech

I hate it when that happens, I think it happens when you feel too comfortable with a person too quick, but they don't feel the same. Keep up the mystery so they stay intrigued by you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

buddy speech

Ha, ha - I don't need a book to tell me that, I've had enough experience with the "warning signs." They all have them!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

buddy speech

Don't forget to buy an extra ticket for the "girlfriend" - she shouldn't be left out!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

buddy speech

I don't believe you, sorry.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

buddy speech

ok -- are you joking? i thought you had an understanding -- you can both date others -- so what was your problem you caught her with another guy -- she was having sex with him?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

buddy speech

Scauma, the Celtics is an awful choice. You would have to explain the game to her for 3 quarters and ruin it for the real fans around you. They would be hearing her ask which team are we rooting for? The alcohol is shut off and you're left wondering how to pump more drinks in that thing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

buddy speech

Queen, you should go into this restaurant Friday and blow it for him. Be the mad girlfriend.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from eg-is-back. Show eg-is-back's posts

buddy speech

you are going to tell the co-worker you have a girlfriend and you are in an open relationship, right?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from eg-is-back. Show eg-is-back's posts

buddy speech

what do you mean you caught her with another guy??? I thought you were in an open relationship????

me confused

ok me and my gf broke up over the w/e, i walked in amd caught her w/ another guy, i guess i had it coming, could we not mention her anymore please.

- scauma

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from eg-is-back. Show eg-is-back's posts

buddy speech

I work a block away from Les Zyg!! Look out scummy, I mean scauma

That would be hysterical.

I'll tell her he's my baby's daddy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from eg-is-back. Show eg-is-back's posts

buddy speech

seriously Blue and Queen, want to do lunch friday at Les Zyg??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

buddy speech

We should all meet there for Le Zygs Tuesday night wine tasting after work. They have it every Tuesday, it's pretty fun.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from eg-is-back. Show eg-is-back's posts

buddy speech

That sounds fun. I need to have some fun. I spent all weekend doing chores.

How about this Tuesday??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

buddy speech

ok have to jump on the scummy bandwagon if you aren't going to tell her you are in an open relationship and let her think you are single - single as not in a relationship - not single as in not married --

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from eg-is-back. Show eg-is-back's posts

buddy speech

dude, you are so cheating on your girlfriend!

Just break up with her already, don't be selfish. Clearly you are looking for someone new. Are you one of those people who can't be alone?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from eg-is-back. Show eg-is-back's posts

buddy speech

sorry, I am just getting caught up. And, I can't resist tweaking scauma a little. I would not like to be his girlfriend!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

buddy speech

you ain't doing her no favors -- believe me

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

buddy speech

no matter what she's like - you are only prolonging the pain -- that's not helping her

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from eg-is-back. Show eg-is-back's posts

buddy speech

what did I miss? What was in deleted message #56???

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

buddy speech

he admitted he was cheating on his girlfriend -- she has had some personal problems so he hasn't broken up with her yet -- said he was doing her a favor.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from eg-is-back. Show eg-is-back's posts

buddy speech

hmmm

so her personal problems will be so much better when she finds out her boyfriend is going on dates with other women? Unlikely. And she will find out.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

buddy speech

That was a great stalker movie.

Sections
Shortcuts