Charles Bandes Photography

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from acfirm. Show acfirm's posts

Charles Bandes Photography

I would look else where for someone to photograph your wedding. We hired Charley and are not very happy with him. - We bought the package that had two photographers; however, the second photographer did not add any value. There was a second level of our church that would have been a great vantage point for a second photographer to shoot from. We pointed this out to Charley several times and made him aware that the second photographer was expected to get some shots from up there. He never went up there. Our video guy was up there and the stair way was obvious and accessible. Also, we waited outside the church after the ceremony for 10 - 15 minutes before a photographer was with us. This delay caused a lot of confusion and wasted time. Additionally, we specifically asked Charley to have the second photographer take photos of the cocktail hour. There are maybe only a dozen or so photos from the cocktail hour so I'm not sure what the second photographer was doing during this time period. - Charley indicated that our photos would be posted by a certain date. He even advertised this date to our guests. A week after they should have been online we contacted charley to let him know they were not yet on. He responded saying that you have to go to his website and log in. I responded again that they were not available. He replied "oh I posted them in the wrong place on the site" Ok - no big deal. But I searched his entire site and never found them. He eventually posted them. - He indicated our proof book would be delivered by a certain time frame. It was several weeks late and Charley never took the opportunity to let us know of the delay. - We ordered our final album and Charley indicated it would take three weeks from the time he sent it to be bound. That was six weeks ago. In week five we contacted Charley and he said that the album was damaged in shipping it to the binder. He never contacted us to let us know there would be a delay. I would think a simple phone call to let us know it is delayed would be common courtesy. The lack of one is in my opinion a symbol of CharlieÆs professionalism. He is now telling us he has no idea when the final album will be delivered and there is nothing in his contract that specifies when an album will be finished. This is basically telling me that in Charley's opinion, he is not obligated to deliver a final product until he "gets around to it". We have addressed these items with Charley and even requested a meeting to discuss them. Charley responded to our request indicating ôA meeting is not possibleö. Maybe we have clashed with Charley and perhaps you might have a better experience. I'm sure others have had a good experience with him. However, if you do decide to hire charley, I would put in the contract what is expected of the him and the second photographer. I would also include dates when deliverables are due. Good luck with your planning and congrats on your engagement.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from acfirm. Show acfirm's posts

Re: Charles Bandes Photography

I would look else where for someone to photograph your wedding. We hired Charley and are not very happy with him. - We bought the package that had two photographers; however, the second photographer did not add any value. There was a second level of our church that would have been a great vantage point for a second photographer to shoot from. We pointed this out to Charley several times and made him aware that the second photographer was expected to get some shots from up there. He never went up there. Our video guy was up there and the stair way was obvious and accessible. Also, we waited outside the church after the ceremony for 10 - 15 minutes before a photographer was with us. This delay caused a lot of confusion and wasted time. Additionally, we specifically asked Charley to have the second photographer take photos of the cocktail hour. There are maybe only a dozen or so photos from the cocktail hour so I'm not sure what the second photographer was doing during this time period. - Charley indicated that our photos would be posted by a certain date. He even advertised this date to our guests. A week after they should have been online we contacted charley to let him know they were not yet on. He responded saying that you have to go to his website and log in. I responded again that they were not available. He replied "oh I posted them in the wrong place on the site" Ok - no big deal. But I searched his entire site and never found them. He eventually posted them. - He indicated our proof book would be delivered by a certain time frame. It was several weeks late and Charley never took the opportunity to let us know of the delay. - We ordered our final album and Charley indicated it would take three weeks from the time he sent it to be bound. That was six weeks ago. In week five we contacted Charley and he said that the album was damaged in shipping it to the binder. He never contacted us to let us know there would be a delay. I would think a simple phone call to let us know it is delayed would be common courtesy. The lack of one is in my opinion a symbol of CharlieÆs professionalism. He is now telling us he has no idea when the final album will be delivered and there is nothing in his contract that specifies when an album will be finished. This is basically telling me that in Charley's opinion, he is not obligated to deliver a final product until he "gets around to it". We have addressed these items with Charley and even requested a meeting to discuss them. Charley responded to our request indicating ôA meeting is not possibleö. Maybe we have clashed with Charley and perhaps you might have a better experience. I'm sure others have had a good experience with him. However, if you do decide to hire charley, I would put in the contract what is expected of the him and the second photographer. I would also include dates when deliverables are due. Good luck with your planning and congrats on your engagement.

Sections
Shortcuts