Cheating

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from triscuit06. Show triscuit06's posts

Cheating

ok, I will admit that I am a lurker here and I know that I will get ALL kinds of wise remarks but I am hoping within that, there will be some actual wisdom....

I have been with the same man for four years. He cheated on me last year. When I found out, I confronted him and he fessed up right away and told me the whole story. It was a woman he had met before me and most of his communication was via email and in the five years he had known her, had only been together 'physically' ten times. It took a lot for me to get over that, and to be honest sometimes I am not sure I am completely over it. There will always be trust issues. Recently, while he was at my house, his phone beeped with a text message and because his daughter had been having problems with her mom and thinking I was doing him a favor, I reached for the phone to bring it to him (he was indisposed at the time) so he could talk to her. When I picked up the phone there was another girl's name attached to the text message (he doesn't have a 'flip' phone so it's not like I opened it. It was there in plain sight.) Knowing that what I was about to do was wrong, I read the message. It said that she was making plans that night and was hoping he would come along, not to sound all 'fatal attractionish' but please come out.....as my heart sank, I looked and realized there were three other messages from her that day! One that said 'Hey, what's up' and honestly, I was so sick to my stomach, I don't even remember what the other one said.

When he came out of the bathroom, I asked him who 'she' was and told him that she was making plans for tonight and if he hurried, he could still catch her. He said she was a friend of a friend, some he didn't really even know but had been introduced to, and he couldn't help it if she sent him text messages. So, here's my question (sorry this is so long) would anyone else question why her phone number was programmed in his phone? Is that just a 'friend of a friend' that someone doesn't really even know or am I a fool yet again? I guess reading this out loud, I am a fool but why does a man program a woman's number in his phone if there isn't anything between them?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from annedef. Show annedef's posts

Cheating

Honestly? From what you've said, I think he lies like a rug. And not very well, either, so that's good. Sadly, I think he does not sound like a good bet, and like you say, you have trust issues with him. (Did the woman actually write "Fatal Attraction" in her text, because if she really wrote that, she must have slept with him)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jannicjay. Show jannicjay's posts

Cheating

Triscuit - I'm sure deep inside you already really know the answer to this one......... anybody can come up with a slick story when confronted with evidence but it doesnt mean the story is true........ sure, in the scheme of things and in a perfect world it could be what he says but its not a perfect world and in all reality its probably not what he says it is in my opinion

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from triscuit06. Show triscuit06's posts

Cheating

She did actually write "not to sound all Fatal Attraction~ish" yes. Thank you. I guess I needed to hear/see someone else to say it out loud......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Cheating

Obvioulsy she knows about you since she is texting him, therefore she is a skank!

Let them skank off together and find someone else!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from annedef. Show annedef's posts

Cheating

She did actually write "not to sound all Fatal Attraction~ish" yes. Thank you. I guess I needed to hear/see someone else to say it out loud......

I'm sorry Triscuit, it must be so hard to deal with this. But, as difficult as it will be, try to end things quickly. I was in a long relationship, and you start to feel like you must work on it, because you feel so close to them and are used to having him in your life. I am like that, so I understand. But, it will hurt now or later, so don't waste more time on this guy!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderingsoul. Show wonderingsoul's posts

Cheating

Did you even bother to read the original post? She explained all that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

Cheating

Speaking of cheating - why do women do such nutty things???

ORLANDO, Florida (CNN) -- A NASA astronaut was arrested Monday on battery and attempted kidnapping charges after allegedly trying to subdue a romantic rival with pepper spray and abduct her from a parking lot at Orlando International Airport, police said.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from triscuit06. Show triscuit06's posts

Cheating

Live,

I didn't 'snoop' in his phone....it is not a 'flip' type phone and I picked it up to bring it to him thinking the text was from his daughter. I saw the name of a girl I have never heard of...remember he and I have been together for four years. If it was just a 'friend of a friend' that he 'doesn't really know' then my question to all of you was: why would he store her number in his phone? Why wouldn't I have heard about her even if she was 'just a friend'. However, he has told me over and over in the past that a man and a woman can't be "just friends". He cheated on me in the past and also admitted that he had an affair while he was married, so why would I NOT think he was cheating?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pnmibfirst. Show pnmibfirst's posts

Cheating

Don't forget the rest of the story "... while wearing a diaper, so that she would not have to stop and pee while driving 900 miles from Houston to Florida..."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

Cheating

Should a person that unstable have a powerful rocket booster attached to their butt? Her career is over. What astronaut in their right mind wants to be in space with a kook like that? Maybe she can do commercials for Huggies now instead.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Cheating

Like a gerkin pickle?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from annedef. Show annedef's posts

Cheating

What clinched for me is--that she asked him out and told him she did not want to be all "Fatal Attraction-ish." I don't think you are jumping to conclusions, especially considering he has admitted cheating in the past.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from calmdown. Show calmdown's posts

Cheating

Tru, have you ever done that diaper trick? Like maybe on a date? Did the guy try to get into your Huggies?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from calmdown. Show calmdown's posts

Cheating

EG, I want a gal like Triscuit. Someone who will always be there for me and my two girlfriends.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Cheating

I just read the article - she needs to hook up with one of the nut jobs I've dated!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

Cheating

Since Valentine's Day is approaching I think wearing Luvs would be more appropriate than Huggies.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

Cheating

Interesting photo comparison - NASA publicity shot vs. Mug shot

Lisa Nowak, left, in her role as a NASA astronaut and after being arrested, right.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lapukas. Show lapukas's posts

Cheating

I say this because every woman and man I know who stayed with a cheating partner was cheated on again. The two boyfriends that I had that cheated on me went on to cheat with the girls they dated after me. So from my personal experience it is true.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snicks62. Show snicks62's posts

Cheating

Oh god the times I heard those excuses. Almost line by line- "I can't stop her from trying to contact me", "It's not my fault". blah blah blah blah.

Dump him babe.. don't learn the hard way. Bad news doesn't get better with time.

A REAL MAN would call this person and say, DO NOT CONTACT ME ANYMORE EVER AGAIN.
    REAL MEN don't allow this kind of behavior if they value the relationship they are in
    REAL MEN don't put themselves in this position in the first place and if they do, they deserve whatever they get

SMART WOMEN know when to say goodbye..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snicks62. Show snicks62's posts

Cheating

Tris, I posted earlier to you.. this is painful for me to read because it has happened to me and it was extremely hurtful to cut the ties.. but it hurt more to keep on trying because once I knew he cheated, I could never trust him again and I didn't. Me holding on and him promising me it wouldn't happen and then finding all kinds of evidence that pointed to yes it would and in fact was happening i.e. text messages, personal ads, etc. .

They say once a cheater ALWAYS a cheater and I never believed that, never... but I'm starting to think it might be true...

I'm so sorry for your loss... it's so hard... but it does get better then after awhile you look back and think.. geesh, I put up with THAT???

There are better men out there. Lots of them. Smarter, sexier, more attractive, nicer.. all the time and everywhere.

This one you're with - hopefully not anymore - isn't worth one more brain cell. He's already cheated..

Hey, I wonder if HE would be as understanding if you cheated, had men texting you, etc.. hmmmmm... these types usually are NOT..

What a surprise!

Buh Buh loserrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from triscuit06. Show triscuit06's posts

Cheating

Snicks,

Thanks for your encouraging words. I'm sorry that it happened to you as well. How are you doing now?

I have ended the relationship because I know that he will continue to lie and cheat, mostly because I let it happen the first time, especially knowing he had cheated on his wife! I, too, never believed in the "once a cheater, always a cheater" saying and in some cases it may not be true, but in this case I definitely think it is.

So, tell me, where are all these nice, sexy, smart men? I am certaily not ready to get back out there but if/when the time comes, I will know where to look.....:o)

Thanks again, to everyone, for all your advice and encouragement.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

Cheating

hey, how's the hand?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

Cheating

Sorry Triscuit, I prefer Wheat Thins.

Good luck!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

Cheating

how did you hurt it? is this the 1st or second bad thing -- my mother always said too -- and i kind of believe it --

Sections
Shortcuts