China

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy1821. Show judy1821's posts

China

Is everyone registering for china? Do people think this is a must / will I regret it if i do not later?. .I am only 25. .and feel like we not need such expensive dinnerware. but do not want to regret it later. Any advice?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

China

I would register for china. one never knows when you will need it for a formal dinner, holidays, etc.

especially if you find a pattern you like now, it may be discontinued later.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islandsistah. Show islandsistah's posts

China

It doesn't have to be expensive formal china. We registered for a nice everyday set at Crate and Barrel. Everyday, but nice enough to use for entertaining.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

China

we registered for "casual china" from macy's. I was unsure for the same reasons but my fiance told me this is the one reason to register, for our wedding. And it's a good thing to have for holidays and whatnot. if we get it, we get and if not, if it's something I really want I can buy it later.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

China

I registered for it because I wanted it. I love the idea of the 'fancy' dishes. In my family growing up we used them quite often for Sunday dinners and for every birthday, Christmas and Easter. You don't have to register for a place setting that is crazy expensive.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

China

If you dont think its important, dont register for it, I didnt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

China

It all depends on what you intend to use for hosting. Do you and your DH expect to host big rather formal dinner parties? Holidays? And, on those occassions, if there are to be any, do you expect to want fine china, or would your regular service dishes make you happy?

As with everything else you are registering for, try to weigh whether it's something you'll actually want over the years. If you are registering for china simply because you think you have to, you'll have heavy, fragile, big boxes of china you have to store somewhere and move if you ever sell your house.

Sections
Shortcuts