Concerns about market?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheaper. Show cheaper's posts

Concerns about market?

We're going to Barcelona for our honeymoon, and with the weak dollar it is a wee bit expensive (the screen name says it all, eh?) Just wondering if anyone is having second thoughts or doing anything differently for their honeymoon after the market craziness. All I can think of is (the movie) Cinderella Man where all those expensive fineries for his wife disappeared as the Depression set in. I feel like I'm spending at a time when I should be saving.

Nothing really for us to do, we leave tomorrow (hooray! will write vendor review when I get back). Just wondered if it is crossing others' minds.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Concerns about market?

The scary market is on everyone's mind I'm sure. I'm watching my 401k crash hard. :(

We're sticking with the honeymoon plan, though, it's already paid for.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Concerns about market?

We had similar thoughts before we booked our honeymoon to Italy in April. We had considered going to Croatia instead to get more value for our dollar. However I didn't have the time to do all the research I would have felt I needed to make such a trip. We stuck with Italy and loved it.

We were did set a budget and where we could we used our credit card because we got a better exchange rate, additionally we got points to use later. We paid off the cc with the next bill so we did not rack up any interest charges. I was a bit more concerned than my DH and looking back on it I would have spent more knowing what I know now.

ETA: some of our trip was paid for in advance which also made it easier. Our airline and train tickets were purchased a head of time. Additionally we were able to book some tours and events ahead of time which meant we paid for them ahead of time, so it did spread the outlay of cash out and it was not all up front...or all due right after the trip either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Concerns about market?

...I can't even look at my 401k right now. Ugh.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Concerns about market?

My 401k...or what's left of it, is still plummeting. It's like a train wreck - I keep closing the ticker window and then 5 seconds later I open it again. I'm addicted and tired of seeing RED.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

Concerns about market?

I worked for Bear Stearns and my DH works for WaMu. Enough said. We just returned from the wedding and we are holding off on a real honeymoon for financial reasons as it just doesn't seem prudent at this time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Concerns about market?

i'm watching my assets like a hawk. i'm also *holding back* on purchasing anything, but my husband was in an accident 2 weeks ago and his 07 HHR was totalled as a result.

I HATED to go out and purchase a car, but what could we do??? a car is an absolute necessity today!

we wound up getting a real deal on an 08 HHR...we just love the HHR. chevy had deals out the yinger...and we were the only customers on the lot.

I think everyone is concerned about the market. its scary watching all these banks go under. my inlaws on long island use WaMu... and i'm sure they're freaking because they went under and are now part of JP Morgan chase.

DH turns to me today and says "this is why I hate banks!" again, what are you going to do...a bank account is another need.