Disney World

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy1821. Show judy1821's posts

Disney World

Hi,
     Is anyone or has anyone had their honeymoon in Disney world?? I am thinking about it.. I looove Disney.. but I cant decide if I want it to be a more relaxing trip ..
    I would love to hear peoples opinions!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Emmybecker. Show Emmybecker's posts

Disney World

We're not doing Disney, but we did think about it, as both of our parents honeymooned there.  When we were thinking about it, the biggest advice they gave was to:

Stay on property, in a hotel more focused on adults than children.
    Plan to spend a few days in the park and a few days just relaxing/spa days/golfing.
    Think about spending a night or two off property on the beach nearby.

We absolutely love Disney and have been there several times, so please let me know if you have any questions! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Disney World

we're planning on going for our honeymoon. We're staying in the park, at Animal Kingdom. can't wait-I haven't been since 2000 and FI went in 2002. We're going for a week so I figure it'll still be somewhat relaxing time and i'm not much of a beach person, I couldn't spend a whole week just sitting on the beach.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from krazykitten218. Show krazykitten218's posts

Disney World

We went on a sort of honeymoon trip there a few months after we got married and i loved it. i'm a big fan of disney, i definitely agree with staying on the property , it's much more relaxed and stress free and unless  you plan on going off property, you don't need to rent a car. Good luck with your planning!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Disney World

I think Disney would make a wonderful honeymoon spot.  Last time we went, we stayed at the Yacht Club (walking distance to Epcot) and every night we ate in a "different country".  The fancy French restaurant is really romantic!
    The steak house at the Yacht Club was delicious too.
    The Yacht Club also had a quiet pool with no children allowed. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wedplan. Show Wedplan's posts

Disney World

I personally think Disney World is often wasted on the young, but that is just me :)   My FI and I are going there for our Honeymoon.  Disney World is someplace that you can relax if you want have a quiet afternoon Tea or a boat ride or have plenty to do - parks, shopping, golf, etc.... 

I have a tough time just sitting on a beach or anywhere so Disney is perfect for us.  It can  be romantic, think great dinners, fireworks, castles, fairies. 

I think wherever you choose will be great because you & your (now) husband are there to enjoy yourselves and have a good time.    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

Disney World

[Quote]I think Disney would make a wonderful honeymoon spot.  Last time we went, we stayed at the Yacht Club (walking distance to Epcot) and every night we ate in a "different country".  The fancy French restaurant is really romantic!
    The steak house at the Yacht Club was delicious too.
    The Yacht Club also had a quiet pool with no children allowed. :)[/Quote]

MissLily - a question for you - we are planning our second honeymoon to Disneyworld.  We are deciding what hotel and are drawn to the Yacht Club and Beach Club but afraid to commit because to us, it seems odd to leave New England and vacation in Florida in a fake setting designed to resemble New England.  Is that silly?  Did you even consider it?  We do want to be close to Epcot and as far from the children as possible in such a place, but should we go Polinesian or African just to do it?  Or will we love the Yacht Club even though it seems almost redundant? 

Silly question, perhaps, but we are serious.  We will only do this big vacation once and want to do it right!  Thank you for any insight.  Beth

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Disney World

HI AB - I have friends that always stay at the Yacht Club, because they love Epcot so much, and the love it there.  I have not stayed there, so I cannot say first hand.  I think there will be a lot of kids at the Plinesian and African.  I just got back from Myrtle Beach and have a new policy as well - from now on we are staying at Adults Only hotels! lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from frezz11884. Show frezz11884's posts

Disney World

We are doing Dinsey. But soon to be hubby preferred Universal so we decided to do both and not stay on the Disney property. There really are a lot of options in Orlando so you wouldn't be stuck with only Disney if you did decide to go there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Disney World

I was recently in Disney for a vacation, no kids.  There are plenty of things to do and great places to eat.  I do recommend staying on a Disney property though.  Rent a car and leave the property for dinner a few nights.  Not sure if the OP means Animal Kingdom's resorts as Africa because there no African hotel.
    If you do go on your honeymoon please refrain from the just married button and bride and groom ears.  No one cares and you look ridiculous

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Disney World

While you may look rediculous in the ears, the Disney members who work there do care that you are on your honeymoon and I have been told by several people that  they regularly say  "congrats" and/or the couple  have gotten free desert when out to dinner.  I'll wear the button for free stuff thank you very much.

Sections
Shortcuts