Forgot my ring today....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Forgot my ring today....

and now I feel really, really off. Has this happened to anyone?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Forgot my ring today....

I forgot my engagement ring when morning when i was hurrying out the door. my hands felt "naked" all day long.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Forgot my ring today....

LOL I have probably forgotten it about 5 times and I am always convinced someone is going to break in and steal it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Forgot my ring today....

It happens to me sometimes. My hands get freaky cold in the winter and shrink so it makes no sense to size them to my winter size vrs my every other time of the year size. I don't wear them when I sleep because I have been known to "fling my arms about" while I sleep and don't want to do damage to DH, and the afformentioned shrinking I lost one taking a nap at home so I just take them off. And if it is crazy cold I just won't wear them so I don't lose them, but this generally is on a weekend when I have them off to begin with. It does feel very weird without them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Forgot my ring today....

Only forgot it once, and I thought I lost it. I was travelling that day for work, DH ran home and racsacked the apt looking for it. Turned out I left it on the bathroom sink. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

Forgot my ring today....

[Quote]LOL I have probably forgotten it about 5 times and I am always convinced someone is going to break in and steal it.[/Quote]

Me too. That's why every time I turn back and go get it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Forgot my ring today....

I wear gloves a lot at work and I've gotten used to taking them on & off very carefully. Today just feels strange, like there's a "phantom ring".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Forgot my ring today....

I once forgot both my rings about 6 months after our wedding. This Jacka$$ in my office actually said to me, "Are you still married? Where's your ring?"

I replied, "It's what's in my heart that's important, not what's on my hand."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Forgot my ring today....

Well, I haven't, but I'll add, "yet." I'm sure I will at some point...we all forget things, even important things!

My DH left his ring at home yesterday, and I put it in a safe place and forgot to tell him. He came home and hoped to grab it and slip it on without fanfare, but finally had to ask if I'd seen it. He was petrified it was lost, poor guy. He's lost weight and it can slip off when he washes his hands and such, and it's so cold out, too. He didn't think he'd like wearing it, but he does - it looks very natural on him!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Forgot my ring today....

Good comeback!

[Quote]I once forgot both my rings about 6 months after our wedding. This Jacka$$ in my office actually said to me, "Are you still married? Where's your ring?"

I replied, "It's what's in my heart that's important, not what's on my hand."[/Quote]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Forgot my ring today....

Hello girls,
    There was a thread sometime ago - if one took off the rings when sleeping. Remember that one?
    Well, I told you I never remove my rings - except when cleaning them. I don't want to loose them. Besides I feel "naked" without them.
    Some of you were all over me. It is the marriage that is important - not what you have on your finger ---- tra-ta-ta. I do agree with that statement, but none the less, I feel more '"whole" with my rings on.

Apparently I am not the only one - thanks Brighton, for proving my point.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Forgot my ring today....

pingo, that thread turned so ugly, I'm surprised you felt so compelled to be vindicated that you'd bring it up again.

Let's keep this one nice, ladies, and let it drop.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Forgot my ring today....

Pingo that old thread got ugly in my opinion because you felt the need to tell those of us that take our rings off we were foolish and were very condescending to those of us that took them off, and that is a summary not your direct words, not because you felt "whole" by keeping yours on.

I take mine off and also feel more complete in some ways when I wear my rings. However it is also tempered by appropriateness, like if I am at home it is not as big of a deal than if I was out to dinner with his grandparents. To put it a different way I wouldn't wear a bathing suit to a funeral, however a bathing suit other places is fine and appropriate. Just like taking my rings off is appropriate and fine in certain circumstances and not in others.

Take your rings off or leave them on, Que Sera Sera. For some people it is more comfortable for them to leave them on and others not so much. Just don't get all huffy when people mention they take them on and off.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Forgot my ring today....

Please, ladies, don't let this thread turn into the other one. It never should have been brought up again, and we don't have to rehash it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Forgot my ring today....

No no kargiver, I do not need to be vendicated at all. I only brought it up, because I felt comforted by tha fact, that other brides - old or new - feel the same way w/o their rings, as Ido.

[Quote]pingo, that thread turned so ugly, I'm surprised you felt so compelled to be vindicated that you'd bring it up again.

Let's keep this one nice, ladies, and let it drop.[/Quote]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Forgot my ring today....

Wendy, I am sorry you felt that way - it was not my intention at all to make my fellow posters uncomfortable.
    The only thing I wanted to come across at the time was, that I LIKE (actually love) to wear my rings and that I feel uncomfortable w/o them. Apparently some of the posters on this new thread feel the same way as I - and that includes you according to one of your earlier posts here.
    Just because I like to wear my rings all times, does not mean everyone should do the same. Each to her own.
    And no, I am not Missy, trying to get the last word. Peace!

[Quote]Pingo that old thread got ugly in my opinion because you felt the need to tell those of us that take our rings off we were foolish and were very condescending to those of us that took them off, and that is a summary not your direct words, not because you felt "whole" by keeping yours on.

I take mine off and also feel more complete in some ways when I wear my rings. However it is also tempered by appropriateness, like if I am at home it is not as big of a deal than if I was out to dinner with his grandparents. To put it a different way I wouldn't wear a bathing suit to a funeral, however a bathing suit other places is fine and appropriate. Just like taking my rings off is appropriate and fine in certain circumstances and not in others.

Take your rings off or leave them on, Que Sera Sera. For some people it is more comfortable for them to leave them on and others not so much. Just don't get all huffy when people mention they take them on and off.[/Quote]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheLongestTime. Show TheLongestTime's posts

Forgot my ring today....

I usually just lurk here (ok quite a bit) but felt compelled to make an account so I could comment on this one.

Pingo, it seems like vindication was exactly what you were looking for... from your post: "Apparently I am not the only one - thanks Brighton, for proving my point."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Forgot my ring today....

[Quote]No no kargiver, I do not need to be vendicated at all. I only brought it up, because I felt comforted by tha fact, that other brides - old or new - feel the same way w/o their rings, as Ido.

[/Quote]

You mean they confirmed, substantiated, and justified your feelings?

Vindicate, from Merriam-Webster:
    (1): confirm , substantiate (2): to provide justification or defense for : justify

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Forgot my ring today....

I think the whole "phantom ring" feeling is the reason it's so easy to forget your rings when you've taken them off. You feel like they're still there, and when the feeling finally wears off there's the panic of "OMG! Where's my ring?"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Forgot my ring today....

I'm kind of neurotic about making sure my ring is on--I think it's because I'm between ring sizes and it can feel loose. I've definitely had the "omg, where is it?" heart flutter.

But that's okay, Brighton--as long as you know it's in a safe place, it's like MissLily said: it's all in your heart. :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Forgot my ring today....

TheLongestTime - and you think you are making a contribution to this conversation?
    I don't believe you are a new poster at all, but just a poster with a new name. I can recognize you and your selection of your words from some older posts. Nice try, but it didn't work.

[Quote]

I usually just lurk here (ok quite a bit) but felt compelled to make an account so I could comment on this one.

Pingo, it seems like vindication was exactly what you were looking for... from your post: "Apparently I am not the only one - thanks Brighton, for proving my point." <--- To me, that is exactly what vindication is. It seems like quite often you try to seem like you are "prim and proper" and "above it all" but in truth you are a trouble- maker and sometimes downright mean… just as much as your “nemesis” Missy. Maybe it is time to take a step back and think about the fact that you are not adding anything to a conversation like this with comments like that.

[/Quote]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheLongestTime. Show TheLongestTime's posts

Forgot my ring today....

Pingo, my intention was not to add to the conversation about rings but instead to call you on your BS. Not sure what you mean by "it didn't work" but I think it worked just fine... I got off my chest what was bothering me about your post. You are a know- it- all and a trouble maker.

I might be a trouble maker in this case but I'll live with that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Forgot my ring today....

You are a know- it- all --- Thanks for the compliment! And as far as trouble makers, I guess we are both in good company. Good Day!

[Quote]Pingo, my intention was not to add to the conversation about rings but instead to call you on your BS. Not sure what you mean by "it didn't work" but I think it worked just fine... I got off my chest what was bothering me about your post. You are a know- it- all and a trouble maker.

I might be a trouble maker in this case but I'll live with that.
    [/Quote]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheLongestTime. Show TheLongestTime's posts

Forgot my ring today....

Believe me that was in no way a compliment. Being a know- it- all is an extremely annoying trait.

It is obvious that you are also someone who has to have the last word in every conversation or disagreement. Thank god I don't have that trait.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Forgot my ring today....

It is obvious that you are also someone who has to have the last word in every conversation or disagreement. Thank god I don't have that trait.

If not, why are you replying to my post???????