Forgot my ring today....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

Forgot my ring today....

Let the girl have her "I told you so."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shetaz0028. Show shetaz0028's posts

Forgot my ring today....

The only time I have taken my rings off were when the hospital made me for surgery. Even then I put them on a safety pin and pined them to my hospital gown. Everytime I have to take them off hubby puts them back on for me and we say I do all over again.

As weight has changed over the years I have been known to wear them on my first knuckle or secure them with tape until I could get a sizer. 22 years for my engagement ring and 21 for my wedding ring. I clean them with a toothbrush so they don't even come off then.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from katel. Show katel's posts

Forgot my ring today....

I don't generally take mine off for extended periods of time (she says as she hasn't had hers on all day!), but I take them off a lot throughout the day...to put on lotion, if I'm baking, etc...It's not so much a fear of losing them for me, but I have this unnatural fear of losing the diamond. I've had it checked, it's not loose, and it's insured, but for some reason, I find myself checking throughout the day to make sure it's still there. It started to happen after we got it appraised and I found out how much it was worth (the stone was given to us by my MIL). Does anyone else fear that? I work at a bar on the weekends, and I'm especially fearful that I'll lose it in the icemaker and never be able to find it!
    Also, every once in a while, I take off the 2 wedding bands (we had 2 receptions) and like to see my engagement ring by itself. I don't know why...it's just so pretty!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Forgot my ring today....

katel, I have a different irrational fear - I fear I'll hit it "just right" and break it. Isn't that nuts? I mean, they do break, but I've NEVER heard of or known anyone whose set diamond has broken.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shetaz0028. Show shetaz0028's posts

Forgot my ring today....

Katel and Kargiver,

I'm right there with you. I have my grand mothers and my mothers sets and they scare the living daylights out of me. They are very traditional Tiffany inspired high rise sets. The smallest one is a 3ct. I knew I was scared of them before I got engaged so hubby made out that way. I now have a 1ct stone with baggetts surrounding. Not as high as mom and grammies but, still wonderful.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Forgot my ring today....

Katel- I have a similar fear my band has for lack of a better term diamond and sapphire chips in them, and I lost one diamond chip. I often find myself checking to make sure they are all there.

The ring is here and the chip was easily replaced but I was bummed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Forgot my ring today....

For the record, TheLongestTime is not me. Just in case...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheLongestTime. Show TheLongestTime's posts

Forgot my ring today....

I am not another poster! No that it really matters, but just in case anyone else thinks that I am.

Isn't it possible that a new poster could join the boards? I never really posted before because I am not engaged or planning a wedding but I figure there are a few others who are like me who are bored at work and just get a kick out of the conversations here.

framerican, have you been accused of making an "alter ego" account before? or just paranoid? :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Forgot my ring today....

I just figured it was possible that I was one of Pingo's suspects. Not trying to start any trouble! :o)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Forgot my ring today....

Hi Frame,
    Just wondering why you would think so?

To be honest, I have long forgotten about Longest. I may "make trouble", I may be opinionated, I may "know-it-all" (or could that be called experience, since I have been around a lot longer than most of you?) However, one thing you cannot accuse me for is keeping a grudge against someone. I have a broad back and can take a lot of "hits", but it does not make my life miserable to know, that someone doesn't like me.

[Quote]I just figured it was possible that I was one of Pingo's suspects. Not trying to start any trouble! :o)[/Quote]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Forgot my ring today....

[Quote]
    framerican, have you been accused of making an "alter ego" account before? or just paranoid? :)[/Quote]

I've been accused of having multiple accounts. But I wasn't told who else I was suspected of being, so I wasn't sure whether to be flattered or offended. :)