gift for new sister in law?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyc521. Show nyc521's posts

My brother is getting married this coming weekend - and suddenly I feel that I should get a gift for my new sister, a welcome to the family or something? Any ideas? Also looking for cute things to do or give them throughout the weekend?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from booklover. Show booklover's posts

Just for heaven's sake don't put an apostrophe in it (e.g., "The Smith's") which is wrong, wrong, wrong. Prior poster had it right.

It's a nice gesture but don't feel you have to - I've never heard of anyone ever doing this before. That might have been something you did for her shower or her bachelorette but certainly not the wedding.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

I think this a nice gesture on your part and if you can come up with something before then, great.

However, it is not necessary. A nice card along with your wedding gift should be plenty.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

What about a picture frame that says "sisters" and you can make sure to get a picture taken of the two of you at the wedding or at any time.

I think it's an incredibly thoughtful thing to do....write her a nice note telling her how happy you are to have her "officially" joining the family.

You sound like a DREAM SIL! Have fun at the wedding!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyc521. Show nyc521's posts

so simple - but what a great idea. thank you cosmo girl.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

you're welcome.

My SILs were all so thrilled when DH and I got married. Their love and welcoming attitude was an extra special "gift".

Sections
Shortcuts