Groomzilla and Bridezillas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redflatshoe. Show redflatshoe's posts

The groom has been a total demanding ungrateful groomzilla a--hole. The bride has been apologizing every 2 minutes for everything the groom has said and done.

1 day before the wedding, I got disinvited because I did not go to a bridal dinner. The groom yelled at me at 9AM demanding why we skipped the "bridal dinner". I never received an invite regarding a "bridal dinner" or "bridal brunch". I was told later that I was not even invited to the dinner. The groom refuses to apologize because he said, "it is my wedding."

A wedding not suppose to be "instant forgiveness" for all bad behavior.I have been treated rudely in the past, and I just let it go. I have reached my limit.

The groom's parents apologized profusely for his burst of anger. I have never been so treated so poorly in my life. I don't want to talk to this couple ever again. They don't deserve the gifts and social graces we have showed. I have spent over $1500 on gifts, pre-wedding parties and travel arrangements.

I have a feeling the parents will be avoiding the couple after the wedding. They looked more upset than I am.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

Get your gift back now. Save the bride the hassle of having to send it to you after the divorce.

You have two choices - stick around as her friend and support her through what will likely become a personal hell, or run the other way and never talk to either of them again.

Weigh your relationship with her and make a decision and don't look back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

What is your relationship to the couple? Were you just a guest, family, or were you involved in the bridal party in some way? I think we need more information. Groom sounds like he is out of line, but I am guessing that we are missing some info here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hm! Sounds to me this groom has some physioligical problems. Or there are more to this story than you are telling us. (Did your DH sleep with his fiance? Just kidding).
    I understand you are upset - but as much as you hate the groom, I would still stick around the bride - sounds to me, she will need everyones support later.
    By the way, what is a "bridal dinner"? Never heard of it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarahbth. Show sarahbth's posts

[Quote]Hm! Sounds to me this groom has some physioligical problems. Or there are more to this story than you are telling us. (Did your DH sleep with his fiance? Just kidding).
    I understand you are upset - but as much as you hate the groom, I would still stick around the bride - sounds to me, she will need everyones support later.
    By the way, what is a "bridal dinner"? Never heard of it.[/Quote]

Hey Pingo!
    I know lots of people who have had rehearsals well before the wedding with no follow-up meal, or who have had no formal rehearsal needed, who have had a bridal dinner or wedding party dinner shortly before the wedding. Sometimes just the bridal party (no dates or spouses for anyone, no OOT guests) and sometimes with a few family like parents, and spouses and dates of bridal party.
    This may be it for this poster.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sarahbth, sorry - I am not sure if I understand your post. Bridal dinner is that what other call the rehearsal dinner?
    It has alway been my understanding, that the rehearsal/bridal dinner? was just for the people involved in the rehearsal. But now a days people (including ourselves) invite OOT guests as well. I would never have my friends and family have to try to find a place to eat, while we were having a lovely dinner.
    How are you and the babies doing?
    - Pingo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redflatshoe. Show redflatshoe's posts

[Quote]
    What is your relationship to the couple? Were you just a guest, family, or were you involved in the bridal party in some way? I think we need more information. Groom sounds like he is out of line, but I am guessing that we are missing some info here.
    [/Quote]

I am not part of the bridal party or related to the family. I am just a date of one of the grooms men. I am not even friends of the bride. That's why I do not understand why I have to go to a bridal dinner - which is separate from the rehearsal dinner.
    I guess I broke the "boy-girl-boy-girl" seating arrangement when I didn't show up to the bridal dinner. Which I was not invited to in the first place.

My date did not talk to either the bride and groom before and after the wedding. He called and told me he left the party after he gave his toast. He was fed up with all the wedding BS.

Sections
Shortcuts