Head's Up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

Head's Up

Do NOT ever go to the Dunks on the Lynn/Lynnfield line, at the rotary on 129. Just don't. Worst Dunks ever.

I'd go every day, get the same thing every day, and be charged something different every day. Same line items on the reciept, but different prices. Always $1 more than the other Dunks in the area.

However, yesterday they made me mad.

Yesterday I went and ordered a sandwich and coffee. After I ordered the coffee - the super complicated "coffee regular" - she says "Did you want a drink?" So i says to her, I says, "I just told you" figuring she's on auto-pilot. "Well, whaddaya want?" she says. So I tell her - medium regular. "Ok." "Could you read my order back, please?" "A coffee and a sandwich." "But what kind?" Then the broad has the gall to reply "What does it matter?" "Excuse me?" "They're making it, don't worry about it." "I want to make sure you have it right." "What do you care? Drive up." I drove through and away.

I am not a difficult customer. I drink a medium rergular and a bacon, egg and cheese on a bagel. I say please and thank you. I work in customer service. I'm nice to these people. I can't believe that tart spoke to me like that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Head's Up

Get her fired.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

Head's Up

Ha! I've watched the supervisor there yell at a guy who came back more than once trying to get the correct sandwich. I think he was on his third try. I heard him yelling back, "What are you upset with me for? You guys are the ones that can't tell the difference between bacon and ham."

One time I ordered a bacon, egg and cheese on a bagel and ended up with a ham, bacon and cheese "panini." They're epic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Head's Up

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vanessa11382. Show Vanessa11382's posts

Head's Up

Ugh I know where that Dunks is! I used to go there... I will not go there ever again :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

Head's Up

I love that.

We went to Wendy's on Route 20 in Marlborough a few weeks ago. We ordered at the drive thru window, and drove up to pay. The girl was rather abrupt, chomping on gum, and not particularly friendly. Whatever. I handed her my debit card. She handed it back to me with the receipt and I said "Thank you."

I turned to put the card backin my wallet and started to pull forward when I hear her sarcastically say. "You're WELCOME. I SAID you're WELCOME!!! Rude much?!?!" Then in my rear view mirror I see her throw trash out the window and into the driveway!

I pull forward and the manager is handing the food out. I said "You might want to put a leash on your girl back there. She was incredibly rude." And I repeated her words and pointed out the trash in the driveway. My BF actually got out of hte car to go IN to complain because he was so incensed. The manager just said "Wow. Okay, I'll talk to her." I said "Talk to her? You ought to FIRE her."

I won't be going back there again. Yeesh.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Head's Up

That Dunks is wretched.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jag27. Show jag27's posts

Head's Up

My Dad ordered a box of Joe from a Dunks in Laconia, NH this weekend and apprently the girl behind the counter wasn't too happy about it. while she was filling up the box, she was complaining about how he was taking all the coffee. Um, make some more!

Here is the thing about Dunks (or any fast food joint) - there is another around the corner, check the attitude or keep losing customers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Head's Up

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Head's Up

another thing about fast food places. the employees are usually paid minimum wage and treated as though they are very replaceable. which they usually are. they also know they can go to any other minimum wage job, so the employee normally could care less about their job. not in all cases, but in some. if you are treated poorly at your job and receive low pay, why would you care about it? this is not to excuse anyone's behaviour, but simply to remind people of those jobs we had in hs, etc.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

Head's Up

I know this, Missy, that's why I'm very nice. I don't order a half-caf with 3 creams and 2 1/2 splendas. I order a coffee regular and say please. Her reaction was so out of proportion.

I now go to the Dunks on 107 in Salem, across from Wal-Mart, and they are absolutely fabulous - and my meal's a $1 cheaper.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Head's Up

ive also noticed that prices are different at different dunks, and different from one time to the next. i never understood what the deal with that is. Has anyone here ever worked at a dunks and can explain what that is all about?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

Head's Up

[Quote]another thing about fast food places. the employees are usually paid minimum wage and treated as though they are very replaceable. which they usually are. they also know they can go to any other minimum wage job, so the employee normally could care less about their job. not in all cases, but in some. if you are treated poorly at your job and receive low pay, why would you care about it? this is not to excuse anyone's behaviour, but simply to remind people of those jobs we had in hs, etc.[/Quote]

I worked crappy low-paying customer service/retail through my late teens and my early 20s and I managed to do it while being polite. My ability to be polite not only earned me the nickname "sunshine" but also got me a very coveted $0.05/hr raise. I also didn't have a tip jar....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Head's Up

There's a Dunks in Mansfield where 2lbs of coffee are 10.99 or $7.99 for one. 5 miles up the road in Easton they are $7.99 a piece, no discount for buying in bulk. It's weird how different places can get away with different prices.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongirl831. Show bostongirl831's posts

Head's Up

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

Head's Up

[Quote]ive also noticed that prices are different at different dunks, and different from one time to the next. i never understood what the deal with that is. Has anyone here ever worked at a dunks and can explain what that is all about?[/Quote]

They're franchises. They can set their own prices within a window, I believe.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Head's Up

Dunks come up on the general message boards not too long ago. From what I am gathering, they have a tendency to give their customers the bills portion of their change, and throw the change part of their customers change into their tip jars.

I now make a consorted effort every time I'm in one to get ALL of my change back.

The thing that peeves me the most about alot of dunkins lately is the inability of the majority of their employees to have good command of the english language. the one in downtown crossing @ Macys is particularly slow, and seems to favor men. I've had to wait super long for a sandwich there, while others who ordered food, etc. after me are in & out. I've screamed out on more than one occasion "in this country women outrank men".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Head's Up

[Quote]

They're franchises. They can set their own prices within a window, I believe.[/Quote]

But they can change them daily? Like one day a donut might cost $.75 and the next $.90 at the same location?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

Head's Up

See, now that Dunks underground at downtown crossing always treated me well. They were really nice to me when I used to go to them every day. They'd see me in line and start making my coffee and sandwich before I asked for it. They were nice muslim women, or I assumed as much from their headscarves, maybe there are different people working there now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from deadicons20003. Show deadicons20003's posts

Head's Up

They are very sweet at the one on Central Street in Lowell, despite getting robbed fairly regularly and putting up with the junkies and the randoms who buy a small coffee and sit for 5 hours with their friends. I shouldn't be in there buying hydrogenated fatty foods and coffee in styrofoam cups anyway. If they treated me poorly (which they never do) I'd consider it my karma.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

Head's Up

I have my own issues with DD - cleanliness. I always go into them when I can to check it out. One I went into was pretty average, but the boy behind the counter proceeded to scratch his privates (through the pants) before serving me my ice coffee. So I complained about that. If he's willing to do that in a very public and health sensitive place, I can only imagine what other health violations that dude would be committing that I can't see.
    A

Sections
Shortcuts