hot wives, fat lazy husbands

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

ok, day off, waiting for the sox to come one so i am flipping through the channels, why oh why are there so many shows with overweight lazy selfish men married to sassy, hot, way better than them women..

is it because men are writing and producing these shows? but why are the consistently renewed, i can not believe that there is a large contingency of women who watch these shows (and im not even talking about the stupid dialogue) or let their kids watch them, i mean this is not reality, it's fantasy

just saying

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

It's because men wouldn't watch the show if the women on it were ordinary. It is unrealistic, but so is most of what is on TV - even reality shows are fake.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Amethyst2. Show Amethyst2's posts

I know what you mean, j'envie....

The message seems to be "men don't need to try as hard, because men
    have the economic power." Ugh...that's, like, so last century...I think men watch these shows 'cause it's somehow reassuring to them to think that
    they've stil got so much social power (when the reality is that's not as
    true as it once was.) Men still have the power, but women are more
    in a position to challenge than ever before. That's scary (to men), so
    to let them have a little fantasy of being more in control than they actually are is comforting to them...

Not all men are threatened; there are guys I know that agree with you, that these shows are intellectual junk food. But then, women watch shows that are pretty silly, too...like Bachlerette stuff...that plays on the "there's someone for everyone" (so long as you're beautiful) gar-bage...

It amazes me. We've got the technology to allow for hundreds of channels, and I remain amazed at how dumbed down television actually is. Watch the evening news lately? How much information are we actually gettin'? Not a whole lot, unless ya count what's new in Brittany's life!

Enough rant!

Amethyst

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeasyII. Show LeasyII's posts

Men need an ego stroke. Plain and simple - but at the end of the day, you see far more attractive women with these fat balding slovenly losers than the other way around!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

It's because women aren't the lazy ones. We do the work to see beyond the fat and balding, and find the man inside (inside there, somewhere ... ).

Men, on the other hand, want it all handed to them. They won't go looking for the woman inside the fat, balding body.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

And even when women get past the fat and balding, the men still want young and hot, and these TV shows make them think they can.

I think two and 1/2 men is hilarious. but very degrading to women. ( except Berta, she's awesome )

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigWillie2. Show BigWillie2's posts

I'm not seeing a huge disparity in relative attractiveness of the couples I see out there in the real world. The 7's are pairing with the 7's, and so on, for the most part. I bet when you do find a bald, fat guy with a hottie, they probably got together in their younger days and the guy just let himself go gradually, and she hasn't noticed yet. I'd say that works the other way just about as often too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

No, media dominated conspiracy.
    I like your name.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

i like the dialogue we have going here, amythest, rendeergirl, way to go!
    i have no axe to grind
    big lebowski - please do not generalize what i was asking? it was an observation i made during the day,
    and we all know hollywood is dominated by the jewish mafia not necessarily a male dominated conspiracy
    (ok i just said that to really get people going)
    how about those red sox

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Don't forget Charles Ingalls. TV is just bad all around, it amazes me that people get paid to write this crap and that I have to pay comcast a boatload of $$$ to watch it.

Sections
Shortcuts