How long?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

How long?

We were gone for 11 days. It worked well for us, we flew out on Sunday afternoon (to Italy) we dropped our bags and wandered for the day (Monday) but didn't do anything crazy that day. We flew back the second Thursday of the trip we left early in the AM and returned same day in the early afternoon here in the States. We then had F/S/S to do laundry and get over jet lag. It worked very well for us because as we were at the airport we realized we were at the point that we enjoyed our time but were ready to go home. We were getting tired but not yet cranky so that was our definition of a enough time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

How long?

We're planning on 7 nights max. One of the great things about our relationship is that we both look for the same things in a vacation! I told him that after 6-7 nights away, I really want to go home and he agreed. (We recently did 9 nights away and, though the vacation was awesome, we were so ready to go home!)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gizzer. Show gizzer's posts

How long?

9 nights, and I can hardly wait!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennyinboston. Show jennyinboston's posts

How long?

We're doing 2 weeks, but not in one location, or we'd probably be bored. We're doing a 1 week cruise and then 1 week in Aruba.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from msol. Show msol's posts

How long?

Where is it that you're going? We went to Hawaii so we did 2 weeks. Between the long flights out there and back, and trying to get over the time difference you really need a good amount of time there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kel96. Show kel96's posts

How long?

We did 10 days, 9 nights but took 2 weeks off so we had a couple days to unpack and relax at home before we went back to work on Monday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vanessa11382. Show Vanessa11382's posts

How long?

We did 10 days 9 nights as well. We went to Aruba and it was a 5 hour flight. I felt like after 7 days i was ready to go home :-) if you are going somewhere really far away I can see doing 10 nights but after a while you run out of things to do and the beach gets old. But of course being back to work i am itching for another vacation!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

How long?

I say go for as long as you can afford! We felt like our wedding was an excuse that we would not have again for a long time to really take some time off. My husband and I were off for more than 3 weeks. It was amazing. By the time we got home, I was almost ready to go back to work.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

How long?

We took off about 3 weeks [before and after wedding] but were away for 8 nights. {We had alot of OOT guests to take care of}. We went to St. Lucia. Had we gone further away, we would have had to take off more time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

How long?

We're planning on 9 nights in Aruba (getting there Monday, returning home the following Wednesday), but we're both taking those last 2 days of the week off, so we'll have 4 days home to relax, or maybe go to the Cape or Maine for a couple of nights for something different.

I say no matter what, if you can, take at least 2 full weeks off and enjoy it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

How long?

I think it all depends on where you are going. If you are going to some exotic plase that require a long flight - then you need more time. Jet lag and relieving your stress after your wedding will require a couple of days to make you actually enjoy your honeymoon. Also getting used to the tropical temperatures will set you back. I have been travelling to Japan, the Middle East, India and Australia - and believe me - a 17 hours or more flight is no picnic. All you want to do when you land is to see a bed, and put a sign on your door - please don't bother me.
    But if you only go away for a few hours - 10 days should be more than plenty.
    Honeymoons are nice, but I think a vacation after you have settled in as a married couple is a lot better. Just my 2 cents.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

How long?

The most time we can spend together without killing each other is about 5 days. So that's how long our honeymoon was!

Whatever works for you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

How long?

[Quote]I think we are planning on booking for Tahiti. The flight will be long, and right now, we are thinking of 11 days and 10 nights. I feel like it is not enough time, though. What do I tell my work? I feel bad taking "too much time off".[/Quote]

My DH wanted to go to Tahiti or Fiji, but we didn't want to deal w/ the flight. I'd seriously think about taking at least 2 weeks if you are going that far. I don't think you've taken enought time off for the trip. If you are entitled to your vacation time, why not put in for it? If your work approves the leave, that's all you need to worry about. :-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

How long?

[Quote]

My DH wanted to go to Tahiti or Fiji, but we didn't want to deal w/ the flight. I'd seriously think about taking at least 2 weeks if you are going that far. I don't think you've taken enought time off for the trip. If you are entitled to your vacation time, why not put in for it? If your work approves the leave, that's all you need to worry about. :-)[/Quote]

I second Alf on this one. We went to Europe and even with that flight + jet lag, it was 2 days before we felt normal again. I would go for 2 weeks.

And again, as Alf said if you have the vacation time, you are entitled to take it. It's not as if this will be unexpected time off. Your work can certainly plan in advance for your absence.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

How long?

Goodness, I agree with Alf and Sunshine. 11 days to Tahiti is not enough. Flying these days with all the security, delays, cancelled flights is stress in it self. I would extend it for a few more days and also have one or two days back home before going back to work.
    If you are entitled to vacation you should not worry about taking it as long as you give plenty of notice. If you are working for a decent company, they may even be willing to give you leave of absence w/o pay - if you need more time, due to the fact that you are getting married. I do that for my employees under certain circumstances.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

How long?

I don't know much about Tahiti, but as long as you'll be able to fill the days, I say go for as long as you can afford!
    I'm not a lay on the beach all day person, I've got to have activities- but that is just me.
    We went to Amsterdam on our honeymoon, 6 nights. In May it's light outside from 4am to about 10pm, so we had lots to do. We also made it so that we'd have two days off after we got back, so we wouldn't have to go right back to work, have a chance to unpack and recover from jet lag.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenCardWedding. Show GreenCardWedding's posts

How long?

We are travelling from Australia to Boston (home for the first 23 years of my life) for the wedding, so takng 4weeks off work. Travelling 10 days before the wedding, then (hopefully) going to Mexico for 4 nights, then spenidng another 4 or 5 nights in Boston befroe heading back to Australia (home now) and going back to work 4 days later.

We still haven't decided if we're going to Mexico while in USA, or stopping in Fiji on the way home, but either way the official honeymoon will probably only be 4 nights.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

How long?

We were in Aruba a week, and then DH was home with me a week after that.

In related news, we had a beautiful wedding that I've tried about 100 times to post a review for, but BDC does not accept it. I keep getting that it "Requires Approval." Maybe it's too long, but it's shorter than most others...I dunno. I'll try a very abreviated version after this.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from starbuckslas. Show starbuckslas's posts

How long?

We did 10 days

1 day for travel

4 in london
    4 in Paris
    1 in Normandy

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2007BrideToBe. Show 2007BrideToBe's posts

How long?

We took 3 weeks off from work - a few days before the wedding, 2 weeks in Tahiti and a few days to unwind before we headed back to work.

I could have stayed in Tahiti forever!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

How long?

I really want to do a trip around the world, so I'm looking at about four weeks. Mostly, I think, like everyone else says - it depends on where you're going and how much time the two of you can get from work. But you'll definitely want at least a day or two home before heading back to work - don't plan on landing at 11 pm Sunday night.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

How long?

Our cruise is 9 nights, but we are staying a night probably in Boston before we leave for NYC, a night in NYC, then leaving on the cruise. So about 11 nights total.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kate533. Show kate533's posts

How long?

We are planning on going to Hawaii. I think we would both love to go for a month, but probably can't afford it. :) Do you think 10-11 days is long enough for Hawaii? Or think we should go somewhere closer. I think 11, may 12 days will be as long as we can afford.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

How long?

We are going to Hawaii for our honeymoon, too. We are going for 12 days.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

How long?

7 nights in Mexico - I agree with others - I cannot vacation that long! I start itching to get back after a while.
    And, I have done extensive traveling with lots and lots of activities and sightseeing, not just beaches, so I know it's not that. I just cant go more than a week, maybe 10 days max.
    We are taking 11 days off total for the wedding, and two travel days, but actual honeymooning is 7 nights.