Idea-Filene's Basement Dress Sale

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

I'd like to throw out an idea to the boston.com�wedding boards planet:You know how the FB dress sale is coming up in August.� I was wondering if a group of us should (or would like to) meet up at the sale and help out some of our "newer members" of the wedding boards who are interested in shopping this sale..??it may be fun, and one of our "sister posters" may find the dress of her dreams, with our help...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pat-FilenesBasement. Show Pat-FilenesBasement's posts

I am the person responsible for promoting the Basement's Bridal Gown Sale. I love your idea. In fact, a few people in other markets where we hold the sale have told me they want to use their "Running of the Brides" experience to help other brides-to-be at the next year's event. This would be especially helpful to a bride who isn't able to have her mother or best friends with her. This idea creates a new category of helper:  besides a grabber, a dresser, a guard, a trader, brides might recruit -- what could we call this job?  A veteran helper? A "Running of the Brides" consultant? Anyway, I think it's really generous offer and I hope someone takes you up on it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

i was thinking "bride assistant".  I also think it would be alot of fun..then we could do lunch afterwards :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from singlemalt11. Show singlemalt11's posts

quick question, when is the next running of the brides after august?  i definitely want to do it, but since my wedding isn't until sept 09, i was hoping to give myself more time to drop a few lbs....if i recall, wasn't there just one in february?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

[Quote]

quick question, when is the next running of the brides after august?  i definitely want to do it, but since my wedding isn't until sept 09, i was hoping to give myself more time to drop a few lbs....if i recall, wasn't there just one in february?

[/Quote]

They are usually every February and August.  Don't see there wouldn't be one in February '09, but I can't say for sure...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

[Quote]

[/Quote]

I believe its August 22nd...  wwwfilenesbasement.com

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt6541. Show kt6541's posts

Thats a great idea!! I went  to the one in February this year and  greatly valued the experience. It sure is tiring but I def. think the expertise of some veterans would be helpful.  I wish I could go.... Ill be on  my honeymoon. Ill give any advice I can tho!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pat-FilenesBasement. Show Pat-FilenesBasement's posts

[Quote]

[/Quote]The tentative date for the next Running of the Brides is Friday,February 20, 2009. Although the original store is planned to re-open inthe spring of '09, it won't be by February. The confirmed date will beposted on the website in Septembe

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenclown. Show greenclown's posts

[Quote]The tentative date for the next Running of the Brides is Friday,February 20, 2009. Although the original store is planned to re-open inthe spring of '09, it won't be by February. The confirmed date will beposted on the website in Septembe[/Quote]

How is this different from any other kind of vendor post, just out of curiosity?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

my guess is because they aren't offering any services as much as they are just informing us of the correct date? but i could be wrong

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenclown. Show greenclown's posts

I suppose that's true, but I don't see how it's any different from someone who works at, Priscilla, for example, coming here and saying they're have a trunk sale on x date.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

The difference is, at the Filene's sale, you behave like cattle, but at Priscilla's they just TREAT you like cattle.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pat-FilenesBasement. Show Pat-FilenesBasement's posts

[Quote]How is this different from any other kind of vendor post, just out of curiosity?[/Quote]  It seemed appropriate to answer the question about the date of the next sale rather than have people wonder or speculate, that's all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt6541. Show kt6541's posts

Pat, Thanks for clearing up the issue with the date.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from singlemalt11. Show singlemalt11's posts

I agree.  Pat didn't start the thread, she was just being helpful.