interracial dating

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

interracial dating

it bugs me that the question is even asked -- its 2008 people -- will it never change.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 5thtry. Show 5thtry's posts

interracial dating

starting to expand a little bit? people are beginning to accept it? are you kidding me?

get real real

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyadvice. Show guyadvice's posts

interracial dating

hmmm, well this is something I have wondered about myself in years, that is how open I would be to inter racial dating. I think if I met someone that I was undeniabley attracted to on a mental and physical level, race wouldn't matter to me. However, I am being truthful when I say it would have to be someone that really blows me over because in the big scheme of things it wouldn't fly with my family and as wrong as that may be, it is the truth and I have often thought to myself would it really be worth the headache it might bring for me personally with my own family if I did inter racially date and I realized probably not, unless like I said it was someone that was undeniabley worth it. Doesn't matter right now, because I am not single or looking. But I guess that is a kind of sucky thing to have to take into consideration given it is 2008!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

interracial dating

reading these responses to this question really gives me less faith than i had to begin with (not much) in the human race -- i'm not just responding to you guy -- its mind boggling to me -- when i was a little girl my mother would make us watch the news films where george wallace's state troopers and national guard would use fire hoses on the black's demonstrating for equal rights -- she told us how wrong it was -- i am a white 49 1/2 year old woman with seven siblings -- at least i know there are seven other humans who don't think like this -- i am appalled that forty/forty five years later i still hear the underlying racism in the world -- i know i am right believing that humans are the bottom of the totem pole -- it makes we want to go home and cry --

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

interracial dating

she did take me to church - along with the rest of the siblings -- and catholic grammar school through 8th grade -- it didn't help -- she didn't ploop us in front of the tv until she saw something on it she thought she could use as a lesson to teach us how to be responsible, caring, accepting, tolerant people -- she did a great job

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

interracial dating

Be accepting of God then.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

interracial dating

i have no issue wtih other people having faith, believing in God -- i just don't -- but i don't fault, hate, look down upon those who do -- acceptance and tolerance --

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

interracial dating

You have no issue with people having faith? How about when their "faith" has them blowing us up?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

interracial dating

Lets all have faith in Bill Maher then, your both whacked.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyadvice. Show guyadvice's posts

interracial dating

Things have come a long way in a short time. There is a whole segment of people out there that are ignorant. I'm not ignorant. However, sometimes people fear what they don't know or what they are not familiar with. Does that make them bad people? Certainly not. You can't be serious that this "shocks" you. This also, btw, has nothing to do with "black". It has to do with race or ethnic background. The fear of the unknown, what is different from one's self. There are many black, whites, asian, and hispanic families out there who have very similar mind sets of those of my own families. That being, they would like to see their families stay within their own cultures. Is that wrong? I personally think people should date, marry and procreate with whom ever they deem right for them but I'm being realistic in terms of the bigger picture in my life and what that would mean for me if I were to inter racially date and for me unless I met someone that was undeniabley the person for me, it would not be worth the problems it would bring for me within my own life and family. That does not make me racist. I'm a realist and it is my choice. However, I am a parent and I make sure my child knows he can be anything he wants to be and my child is brought up very differently than I was. As the world becomes more open, these things will die away. They already have. Don't dismiss the strives we have already made thus far.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyadvice. Show guyadvice's posts

interracial dating

I'm confused. Where in this thread did anyone infer they were better or looking down upon others? People have the right to make choices, and although they might not be the choice you make that shouldn't then be viewed as negative, should it?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

interracial dating

Whose fault is it that they blow themselves up? Gee, its America, another lets blame America for everything guy. Did you sue McDonalds for having hot coffee?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyadvice. Show guyadvice's posts

interracial dating

I think regardless of American foreign policy it has more to do with the inherent need to perserve the Islamic culture and beliefs. This "fight" would have ensued regardless. The electronic world and the capitalistic world we live in directly threatens this culture and many others from maintaining and perserving what it is fundamentally built on. It is a normal course of history what is happening now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

interracial dating

Scauma, do you hate America?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyadvice. Show guyadvice's posts

interracial dating

ill equipped? Your right, lets not get into a battle of wits. You appear to be an "angry" person. Quick to insult people. I don't engage with angry people. Those who can not discuss varying opinions outside of their own. I'm a little more open minded in my thoughts and views and am able to discuss them without insulting someone that has an opposing view. That's what makes this such a great country. This country is so bad, go live somewhere else then if your not going to support it. Do you relish in 9/11 theories as well?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

interracial dating

Blue, I don't think you need to worry but thanks for the Laura cheap shot. You can have Hillary.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

interracial dating

So you must really be upset with Bill Clinton as well. Or was he error free.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

interracial dating

You "love" everyone? You just listed everyone you hate. You left out God and America . You use the word hate too much. You're an angry soul.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

interracial dating

Scauma, who was this Creator? A guy named Eddie.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

interracial dating

So my creator is God and your creator is ? . Just answer, without name calling or that usual angry outburst (a problem).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

interracial dating

ok let me rephrase -- i have no issue with RATIONAL people who have faith -- i have issue with those who push it on others, who believe only THEIR GOD is right and just, who believe that they have the right to say what is right or wrong such as abortion/birth control, etc. when it has nothing to do with them, who will blow themselves up along with others to get their 7 or 8 virgins in THEIR HEAVEN -- i have problems with people who are irrational with their faith - who use their faith as a means to hate, intimidate or subject other people to their beliefs -- is that better calm -- i find myself to be a person with more character and morals than many who have "faith" -- those irrational ones who have what they call faith but use it for hatred and oppression

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

interracial dating

i am an aethist -- i don't believe in a creator or an all powerful being who knows all -- i don't believe you behave the right way in this world to get your just rewards in the next -- i believe in reincarnation -- i believe you are good in this world for the simple sake of being good and doing what is right -- i believe in "treat others as you would like to be treated" -- i believe humans are the lowest form of life -- and as you get reincarnated again and again you learn more, get better, act more "human", live by the golden rule -- i believe in nature -- i believe when we have "made it" -- other people's heaven -- you are a flower, a mountain an ocean -- i know people think i'm wacked for thinking this but i really don't care --

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

interracial dating

we've come nowhere -- and until people lose that fear of the unknown it will remain unknow - how can it not -- decide not to date some one of a different race, creed, whatever, simply because it was what they were taught or simply because it would make it harder on them or their families, when people believe they can't learn about and adopt some of the positive things of another culture it will never change, it changes one person at a time and its changing very very slowly -- also i used an example of black because it was there and simple -- i'm not just talking black/white racism -- i'm talking all of it -- you may believe your child is being brought up differently than you - but i'll tell you a story that may change your mind -- my mother as you have heard was not racist or prejudice in any way -- my father talked the same as her - we had a large porteguese population in our town -- some of the neighbors called them "spics" -- if we had ever said that word my father would have slapped us across the face -- fast forward years later -- i'm 26 years old -- i'm going out to dinner with my parents and one of my brothers -- my father is telling us how during the war he was in hawaii and he had an hawaiian girlfriend -- he slept with her -- but he said he wouldn't kiss her or eat off the same plate as her -- he considered her "dirty" -- he was prejudice - we never knew this as kids - would never have guessed it -- but there it was in all its glory -- my brother and i were shocked and basically disgusted with him -- that's how i see you raising your child -- you tell them its ok to be what they want and with whom they want - but you really don't mean it -- i don't mean to be personal here - i'm just trying to give you an example that if we don't change - each of us as individuals -- it will never change

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

interracial dating

calm told me to be accepting of god when i said acceptance and tolerance is what we need -- i was just saying i was accepting and tolerant of those who have faith -- that was all - you may want to read a little better before responding

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

interracial dating

yea, like the genocide by our ancestors of the native american's -- "normal course of history" -- man we need to change this don't you think??????????????????