Invitation addressing question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenclown. Show greenclown's posts

We have two guests, a couple, who live together, aren't married, and have the same last name.� I found one site that said they should be on separate lines, woman first.� I found another site that says they should be on separate lines, in alphabetical order.� What's the consensus on this?� I guess we're going to have to base it on first names, which would mean the guy is first in this situation.Honestly, I'm sure they won't notice or care, but now that I've found conflicting answers, I'm wondering what the etiquette mavens here think.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I would go with the alphabetic order. Again, another petty question(not that I disregard your question at all). I don't think thereceivers will care one bit - unless they are British or something. -No, I certainly do not have anything again Brits, but they seem tostick a lot more to etiquette, than the rest of us.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

Pingo is right, either way it's fine.�I would personally lean toward woman's name on the first line and man's name on the second line.� This is how I have�always seen it done.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

For living together not married it's separate lines and ladies first - no matter what the last names are.

Alphabetical order seems to make sense only with same sex couples. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

See when I address my Thank yous, Christmas cards, and invites for Same s.e.x. couples I always switch up the names.� So if I put Sue Smith first on the envelope and Jane Jones second on the envelope on the inside I address it to Jane and Sue so each one gets to be first for something!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

How clever!

Sections
Shortcuts