Links in posts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenclown. Show greenclown's posts

Links in posts

When putting links in posts, can you please use the link tools that are above the box you're typing in? When URLs are just pasted into the post, they don't wrap, so the width of the posts widen, which means (for me at least, I'm not sure if it happens in every browser) that the right side of posts are hidden. There's no way to scroll over when this happens.

To use it, type the name of whatever you're going to call your link. Then highlight it and click on the box above that looks like a piece of chain. A box will pop up, and you can paste your URL into the "Link URL" field.

Your links will look like

this

instead of a big mess of a URL, and everyone will be able to read the posts on that page.

Thank you! :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Links in posts

i've always wondered how to do that, thanks green!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshine2008. Show sunshine2008's posts

Links in posts

Well this is my second attempt at replying to your post :)
    I never know with BDC if it's how I am typing something (links) or the page experiencing errors. Even now it looks a mess to me, and the screen has changed multiple times. thanks for help in how to post links! :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Links in posts

Thanks Greenclown! I was wondering why that happened!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

Links in posts

I love that after all this time of complaining to BDC that the right-hand side of some threads get cut off -- it took a user to figure it out how to prevent it from happening!
    Thanks Greenclown!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Links in posts

Funny, I never had a problem posting a link - Pingo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Links in posts

Thanks Greenclown! I hate it when the posts get cut off. I never could figure out why it happened to some and not others.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2007BrideToBe. Show 2007BrideToBe's posts

Links in posts

Thanks Greenclown. Those elongated posts and unusable links were driving me nuts.

You deserve a medal!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Links in posts

Thanks, greeny! I deleted my old long web address in "Show us your dresses" and followed your instructions to post a good link. It worked (at least for 2007Bride). :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Links in posts

[Quote]Funny, I never had a problem posting a link - Pingo[/Quote]

The problem pingo, doesnt lie in actually posting the link. The problem is that after the link is posted, it cuts off the right hand side of the thread and you, or at least for me and greenclown, you cannot read the right hand side of the thread.

If you follow greens instructions, then we can all post the link and still all read the whole thread =)