Marriage certificates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenclown. Show greenclown's posts

Marriage certificates

Quick question for the married people - how many certified copies of your marriage certificate did you get/need?

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Marriage certificates

I think we bought 3 official and really only need one. You can make your own copies as most places don't need it stamped. The passport agency sent it back and social security doesn't keep it either. We did put one away for safe keeping and the other quite honestly I have no idea where they are.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Marriage certificates

Never got one. Didn't change my name so haven't needed one so far in two years.

(I think I'm hoping there was a paperwork error and we have to do the wedding all over again....)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Marriage certificates

I got two - just in case. But as allready married said, most places that need a certified copy will send it back to you. (SS office and passport). Just about everyone else will take a copy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jag27. Show jag27's posts

Marriage certificates

I have one official copy - SS gave it back and I haven't done the passport yet. Most places (bank) will only need a photocopy or a fax copy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Giordana. Show Giordana's posts

Marriage certificates

I got 2. Most places, like the bank, just made a copy. Passport services returned it, but E*Trade didn't. My employer kept the other one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghotieyes. Show ghotieyes's posts

Marriage certificates

I got one copy. Like Jag, I've changed my name w/ SS, but haven't gotten around to passport. I haven't had to send an original to anyone yet, just copies, or show it to the ppl for credit cards, bank, license, frequent flier accounts, etc.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from missmaria. Show missmaria's posts

Marriage certificates

I have 1 and that is all I've needed so far.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Marriage certificates

I only have one and so far everyone gave it back. My employer saw it but they didn't keep it they did make a copy though, I assume because I changed my tax stuff.