Murray Hill Talent -DJ

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newbride08. Show newbride08's posts

Murray Hill Talent -DJ

Hi All,
    Last night my fiance and I meet with a DJ from Murray Hill Talent. I was wondering if anyone out there had any experience with this company or their DJ's.
    Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gpaluzzi. Show gpaluzzi's posts

Murray Hill Talent -DJ

I used Scott Arrington from Murray Hill for my Oct. wedding and he was awesome. Very easy to deal with, very professional. He did a great job of keeping the dance floor packed (on a Sunday afternoon). I gave him a rough idea of the styles of music I wanted played and then let him do his thing. After he introduced us, we never heard a word from him - he didn't take over the show like some dj's do. I would definately hire him again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarefisher. Show clarefisher's posts

Murray Hill Talent -DJ

Cool! I am psyched to hear this. I am using Scott for my 5/08 wedding. I really liked him when we met and talked to a couple references but its always good to hear these kind of reviews. Anything I should know or think about in advance? Thanks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mulizard17. Show mulizard17's posts

Murray Hill Talent -DJ

Hi Claire,

I was just posting the same question about Murray Hill when I saw your post! We must be in the same place for planning. Anyway, I met them at a bridal show last week and clicked with Paul, who I guess is the head DJ. I called them for more info and the guy I talked to completely put me at ease as well. I have this vision of my wedding being like my high school prom or something, so after talking with both Paul and Coren (on the phone) I am going to meet with them. Let me know how your experience goes but I like what I'm hearing and will most likely hire them too.

Liz

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gpaluzzi. Show gpaluzzi's posts

Murray Hill Talent -DJ

Just think about the styles of music you like/don't like, if there are any must have songs played, if you want the dances cut short, detail stuff like that. You'll have to fill out a DJ planner form where you list the names of your bridal party, parents, first dance and parent dances, when you want to do the dances etc. Scott really walks you through it and it's pretty stress free.

Check with your venue as to when the first dance and parent dances are ok. Sometimes it can get in the way of the servers if people are all up and about trying to take your picture. We did the first dance right after intros, then parent dances after soup, and cake cutting after salad.

HTH

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarefisher. Show clarefisher's posts

Murray Hill Talent -DJ

I forget how I initially got in touch with Paul- I think it was from my venue recommendations. I really liked Paul too but he wasnt available on our date so we met Scott. Our biggest fear is having run of the mill cheesy wedding music. We have pretty distinct music taste and Scott seemed like a very good fit with us. Its so hard to know who to pick which is why these boards can be such a huge help from people who actually have experience with these vendors. I also called a couple references for Scott who had good things to say. He seems very mellow, good music taste, energetic and youthful to me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bleeble. Show bleeble's posts

Murray Hill Talent -DJ

That's who I'm using and I did a lot of research before deciding. My venue and photographer both spoke very highly of them as a company. I don't know, after meeting them I just got a good feeling- like they aren't just out to book as many weddings as possible. They seem to be really focused on making sure each event goes well and building their business on the recommendations of satisfied clients. I was just impressed by how many questions they asked me about what I want, rather than telling me what I was going to get.

So far they have been excellent to work with. Best of luck.