My album saga concludes.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tinshee. Show tinshee's posts

My album saga concludes.

So almost a year and a half after my wedding I've finally finsihed my wedding album(s).Due to issues with my photographer that I won't go into here, I decided to put together my own album. (My photographer does give the rights to her photos and the negatives with the package.) Here are a few pictures of how the 2 turned out... I'm pretty happy and glad I finally finished. I love photos and knew I'd want to have an album.I had always had in mind that I wanted a matted album. I was unable to find exacly what I wanted in a DIY format, but I did end up settling on a nice alternative from http://www.weddingalbumsandmore.com/�(Still matted, but not what I had initially envisioned.)�I got the pictures developed at both Hunt's in Kenmore Square (recommended to me by a photographer friend) and through mpix. (I had a combination of film and digital photos.) I was also able to use some photos that a friend who is a photographer by hobby took. (Part of my issues- my friend got�better pictures of some of the "big moments" like our first dance and walking down the aisle than my photographer...)�I decided to make our parents' albums on Shutterfly. After spending all the time putting them together, I decided I wanted one too, so I also ordered one of those. I made our parents' albums 8x8 and mine 12x12, and now after getting them, I wish I had ordered them 12x12 too, but they still turned out nice.Finally, I do want to say that creating a matted album was LOTS of time and money. I probably spent 30 hours on it, plus the amount of money I paid for all of the photos and the album itself. If I had been happier with my photographer, I would have gladly paid her to make the album. I can now see why the albums cost $1000+ from the photographers!The Shutterfly albums were a little easier, but I do feel that there is something to be said for the touch up and artistic work that most photographers would do on a magazine style album. Plus, my photos were both in digital and film (something that if I could go back and do it again I would NOT choose) which made it more complicated to put together a digital album like the one through Shutterfly and other online vendors.�

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

My album saga concludes.

I agree.� Those look so good, I want a copy of them!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

My album saga concludes.

Congrats on getting the albums done.� I am considering doing one as well for myself and my soon to be hubby.� I am expecting it to be time consuming, that is not my conern.� I also get the rights to my images so that is very nice.� But how was weddingalbumsandmore.com to work with?� Did things come when they said they would, how was their customer service?

Do you mind asking which style did you get?� Renaissance or the other?� And did you get the leather cover or the Durapelle?� That is my only hesitation is that I can't see and feel the covers and mats.� If you got the Durapelle what is it like in person?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tinshee. Show tinshee's posts

My album saga concludes.

Thanks for all the praise. :) I worked so hard on them, I'm glad you all think they turned out well. :-)

Wendy, I did get the Renaissance album- I chose the library bound one because I did want it to look as professional as possible. I got the leather cover. While they do have a money back guarentee, I wanted to get the embossing on the cover which you can NOT return. So I went back and forth for many of the same reasons you listed as to whether or not I wanted to get this album. What I ended up doing was ordering 2 or 3 mats to see what kind of quality they were and how they looked with photos in them. Only then did I decide to order the whole album.

I did what the other poster did and used the list of mats to decide my layout before I put it together. I really spent A LOT of time designing and then redesigning before I even ordered, and then even afterwards I ended up going back and ordering a few more mats because I decded after seeing it I wanted something different.

Everything I ordered came VERY quickly- less than a week, even the embossed album itself. I did email weddingalbumsandmore.com at one point because the style album I wanted had silver embossed mats and I wanted black and they emailed me back right away and told me how to do the order so I could get what I wanted.

It really was a good experience and I'm very pleased with the outcome. HTH!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from clm77. Show clm77's posts

My album saga concludes.

Tinshee's husband is a super hottie!!!�;)

Sections
Shortcuts