Need location ideas in Boston/Cambridge!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Hi everyone-

I'm newly engaged (yay!) and I am looking for venue ideas in Boston or Cambridge. Basically, we will have ~100-130 guests, and are looking for April or May 2009. We need something affordable (read: definitely not the State Room or the Taj!). We are both vegetarian as are many of our guests, so we are looking for a place that would be able to provide good vegetarian food or allow outside caterers. We would also like to have the ceremony onsite. We will have a lot of family (like 80% of the guest list) coming in from out of town, so it should be someplace reasonably centrally located or easy to get to. (We have incredibly dispersed families!) Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks in advance!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Those are great ideas! I hadn't thought about the Hyatt in Cambridge, so I will definitely contact them. Their website looks lovely. Thanks!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prettyprincess. Show prettyprincess's posts

the marlowe is supposed to be reallly nice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ramon5. Show ramon5's posts

Cambridge Multicultural Arts Center

http://www.cmacusa.org/HTML/facilityrental.photos.htm

Rental fee is a little expensive, but you can bring in your own caterer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

You also may want to check out Le Meridien in Cambridge (fmr Hotel at MIT).� I was married there last summer when it was the Hotel at MIT and it was a positive experience.�I believe the largest room holds up to 160 people and they have a roof top garden.� If the weather permits, you could have your wedding outside in a great urban garden.� I'm sure they could work with you to provide a vegetarian meal.� There are two brides on the message boards planning their wedding there currently so they can give you a better idea of the new management.� HTH.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Wow--lots of great ideas here!  I knew I could depend on you ladies to point out locations I hadn't thought of.  The Springstep facility looks really cool--though I'm not sure I could convince my fiance to go with such a non-traditional venue :).  I've sent a bunch of inquiries to the Museum of Science, Hotel Marlowe, the MIT Faculty Club, and the Hyatt, so hopefully I'll hear back soon on these!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mariettawedding. Show mariettawedding's posts

You could try the Cambridge Boat House (or Cambridge Boat Club--I forget the exact name) You would be totally responsible for your own set up and clean up, unless you could find a caterer to do all that for you.

Also, the Opera House in Downtown Crossing rents the theater for weddings.

Upstairs on the Square in Cambridge is known for weddings.

You could always get married in one of the parks in Boston and have the reception at a restaurant.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PepperH. Show PepperH's posts

How about the Millennium Bostonian?  Right in the middle of downtown with windoews looking out over Fan. Hall!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miniquiche. Show miniquiche's posts

Hey Jasmine09,

Just wanted to say that if you end up really liking the Marlowe, they do summer specials that might better fit your budget. I don't think they advertise them too much, and they might not offer them so far away from the date, but for instance I know this summer (June, July, August) they dropped the minimum to $10-12,000 for a Saturday night and discounted the packages by $15pp- which can make a huge difference! Just something for you to consider if you like it :)

Also, Hampshire House is doing a special this summer too, if you want to take a look downtown.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Thanks for all the great advice!  I got a ton of lovely ideas :).  I just wanted to let you all know that we decided to book with the Harvard Faculty Club in the end.  They were the best choice for us in terms of character, location, and budget.  We just got our contract in the mail today.  I'm so excited!  Cross your fingers for me that everything works out!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nasochkas. Show Nasochkas's posts

I am getting married at Marlowe. THey would not discount my package however.
    Marlowe is definitely cheaper than the Hyatt. The Sheraton Commander does not do open bar, if that is something you want to provide.
    Also, check out the Royal Sonesta across from Marlowe. They are doing renovations this winter but will be done by that time.

Another cheaper option is holiday in on Beacon Hill. THe view is absolutely gorgeous ..the river and the rooftops of beacon hill. The food was not that great however..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nasochkas. Show Nasochkas's posts

[Quote]

Hey Jasmine09,

Just wanted to say that if you end up really liking the Marlowe, they do summer specials that might better fit your budget. I don't think they advertise them too much, and they might not offer them so far away from the date, but for instance I know this summer (June, July, August) they dropped the minimum to $10-12,000 for a Saturday night and discounted the packages by $15pp- which can make a huge difference! Just something for you to consider if you like it :)

Also, Hampshire House is doing a special this summer too, if you want to take a look downtown.

[/Quote]

Can I ask who you are working with at Hotel Marlowe. I am working with Belinda and we have an 18K minimum. I would love to get a discount per person though

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JessicaAlmostKatz. Show JessicaAlmostKatz's posts

[Quote]We are getting married at the Hyatt in Cambridge this summer, and have had nothing but positive things to say about the facility and its staff. Please let me know if you have any questions![/Quote]

Hi Aliy216,
    We are thinking of getting married at the hyatt in cambridge in the charles ballroom. Just wondering what your experience was like. Any info (or pictures:)) would be greatly appreciated!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from winque. Show winque's posts

[Quote]We are getting married at the Hyatt in Cambridge this summer, and have had nothing but positive things to say about the facility and its staff. Please let me know if you have any questions![/Quote]

Hi! The Hyatt Regency Cambridge is one of the venues we are seriously considering. Can you please let me know what you thought of the service, decor, and most importantly, the food? I have read some not-so-stellar reviews on these boards, so I am worried, for the prices, that the food will disappoint. Any insights you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Please email me at likkyvinny@gmail.com if that's easier.

Thanks!