No ring, no sleep?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxgirl44. Show Soxgirl44's posts

No ring, no sleep?

I am glad I am not the only 1 that takes it off when I sleep. I normally take it off when I get home from work cause I'll start dinner or go the gym. I am afraid I will scrap my wall (no headboard) while I am asleep and I also sometimes sleep with my hands close to my face so a diamond mark in the morning would look weird. I also don't wear it if I am just hanging in the house just kinda relaxing. If I go out I'll put it on cause then I feel naked without it. When I 1st got engaged I would keep in in the box that it came in on the night stand while I was asleep guess I was a little over protective back then.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

No ring, no sleep?

Oh, and when I handle raw poultry. Ick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

No ring, no sleep?

I usually take mine off as soon as I get home from work. I'm not much of a jewelry person. I always put it back in its box though, so chances of losing it are slim.
    If I'm staying over somewhere, I will zip it into the inner pocket of my purse, but that always makes me nervous!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

No ring, no sleep?

[Quote]I usually take mine off as soon as I get home from work. I'm not much of a jewelry person. I always put it back in its box though, so chances of losing it are slim.
    If I'm staying over somewhere, I will zip it into the inner pocket of my purse, but that always makes me nervous![/Quote]

Fram, consider getting a little security "bracelet" for your purse for when you hang it from a chair like I found on QVC - I love mine. It's not Fort Knox or anything, but a deterant (and an embarrassing one) for sure. Check it out - you get three per set:

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.tpl.csweb.cm_scid.cswb.item.H10131.cc.S69

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from starbuckslas. Show starbuckslas's posts

No ring, no sleep?

I only take my e-ring and wedding band off to make meatballs.. other than that they never come off. I waited all these years to get them, so why would I want them to come off

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

No ring, no sleep?

[Quote]All you new ring wearers - I do understand you want to take care of your rings. Taking them of and put them back on - could make you loose them some day. (My niece did loose hers in a rest room while washing her hands. Just forgot about them.)
    My rings have been on from the day it was put on my finger (40 years) - except for when I am cleaning them. Not too often, I have to admit.
    They have been through meat loaf and cookie dough and a lot of other stuff. I use gloves when gardening and cleaning and any other household chores (like painting and furniture restorations). But I rarely take them off. They are still sparkling. And btw. I have them cleaned professionally and checked regularely. Like once a year.
    When they are off my fingers, I feel naked.[/Quote]

Well aren't you just the wife of the century. Congrats on not taking off your rings except for you specific occasions. That works for you and it is wonderful but it is kind of rude at your assumption that taking them on and off could make you lose them. In your example your niece was quite fool hardy to take them off in a public rest room and that is why she lost them, not because she takes them on and off.

When I am out at a restaurant or other place and wash my hands it takes me forever to dry under the rings by moving them around my finger, I don't take them off. However at home, heck yeah I will take them off because I have a safe specific place to put them. In the box they came in, it lives in a specific drawer.

I am married to my husband and not the rings. I love the rings and he put a great deal of effort into finding the right one, however it is just a symbol. I don't feel any less married without them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

No ring, no sleep?

WOW - thanks for the compliment, Scorpio!

[Quote]

Well aren't you just the wife of the century. Congrats on not taking off your rings except for you specific occasions. That works for you and it is wonderful but it is kind of rude at your assumption that taking them on and off could make you lose them. In your example your niece was quite fool hardy to take them off in a public rest room and that is why she lost them, not because she takes them on and off.

When I am out at a restaurant or other place and wash my hands it takes me forever to dry under the rings by moving them around my finger, I don't take them off. However at home, heck yeah I will take them off because I have a safe specific place to put them. In the box they came in, it lives in a specific drawer.

I am married to my husband and not the rings. I love the rings and he put a great deal of effort into finding the right one, however it is just a symbol. I don't feel any less married without them.[/Quote]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mandy10. Show Mandy10's posts

No ring, no sleep?

I, like a lot of you, put my ring on after getting ready for work in the morning, and take it off when I use hand lotion, work with chemicals or yucky stuff, or sometimes when I work out.
    I take my engagement ring off before bed at night. I have heard of people never removing their rings, so I was curious to find out if I was in the minority.
    I am scared to death of forgetting it somewhere though, so I will have to be careful when I remove it outside of my home.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

No ring, no sleep?

Hi Mandy, you are definitely not in the minority.
    Funny that there are so many opinions on such a personal thing. Some take their rings of, some keep them on. It all come down to, what matters and is most comfortable to the wearer. I wear mine all the time, because that is what I like. That is comfortable to me - not necessary because I am "married" to my rings, as one poster suggested. I just cannot imagine me putting the rings back in their original box every night for 40 years. I have a feeling that as time goes by the "box" women will let it slide. As with many things - the newness always keep us deciplined, but after a while it often goes wayside.

[Quote]I, like a lot of you, put my ring on after getting ready for work in the morning, and take it off when I use hand lotion, work with chemicals or yucky stuff, or sometimes when I work out.
    I take my engagement ring off before bed at night. I have heard of people never removing their rings, so I was curious to find out if I was in the minority.
    I am scared to death of forgetting it somewhere though, so I will have to be careful when I remove it outside of my home.[/Quote]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

No ring, no sleep?

I take my rings off as soon as I get home from work. I have a cute ring holder (it's a cat with a long tail sticking up) on my dresser and that's where they go. I put them back on when I get dressed in the morning after hair and makeup are done.
    I also have a plain gold band that I wear when traveling or if I'm going someplace where diamonds might not be appropriate - like helping out at the rummage sale at my church.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

No ring, no sleep?

Hey Pingo, not a big deal that we have different preferences, but I just had to say it has nothing to do with the "newness." I've had the ring on for over two years. I just don't like wearing jewelry. To me that is just part of the routine when I get home - put down purse, take off shoes, take off jewelry, time to relax!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

No ring, no sleep?

[Quote]Hey Pingo, not a big deal that we have different preferences, but I just had to say it has nothing to do with the "newness." I've had the ring on for over two years. I just don't like wearing jewelry. To me that is just part of the routine when I get home - put down purse, take off shoes, take off jewelry, time to relax![/Quote]

Pssst...I think 2 years vs 40 years still technically puts you in the new category.

That being said - wearing a ring does not make you a better wife, or more responsible or have any bearing on your marriage, unless you are slipping the ring off in bars to pick up guys ;-) It's just personal preference.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

No ring, no sleep?

Hey Fram, you do as you like - I do as I like. None of us keeping our rings on or taking them off - are going to solve the world's problems. Never mind the economy mess we are in today. It is all a personal preferences.
    I don't like to wear jewelry either, but these rings have become a part of me.
    As far as "newness" is concerned - please post again 10 - 15 years from now on.

[Quote]Hey Pingo, not a big deal that we have different preferences, but I just had to say it has nothing to do with the "newness." I've had the ring on for over two years. I just don't like wearing jewelry. To me that is just part of the routine when I get home - put down purse, take off shoes, take off jewelry, time to relax![/Quote]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

No ring, no sleep?

Wow Pingo, I wanted to reply to Sunshine's post yesterday, but the thread is all messed up and it wouldn't let me. I was going to simply say True! since she has a point that 2 years isn't all that long. You, however, can take your condescending attitude elsewhere. I'm over it. Hopefully I won't still be posting on these message boards when I've been married for 10 to 15 years!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

No ring, no sleep?

Come on Frame, why be so super sensitive? It is just a silly survey. It wasn't even an opinion survey. The question was raised - do you take your rings off at night when you go to sleep? Or do you keep them on all the time?
    I gave my answer just like you and everyoone else did. Why do you feel that is a "condescending attitude"?

[Quote]Wow Pingo, I wanted to reply to Sunshine's post yesterday, but the thread is all messed up and it wouldn't let me. I was going to simply say True! since she has a point that 2 years isn't all that long. You, however, can take your condescending attitude elsewhere. I'm over it. Hopefully I won't still be posting on these message boards when I've been married for 10 to 15 years!!![/Quote]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lmd77. Show lmd77's posts

No ring, no sleep?

I remove my rings for hair product application and touching raw meats, etc.

I forgo the engagement ring and wear only my wedding band in the winter because when I'm cold, my fingers shrink and I have no knuckles, and trying to type with a diamond hanging from your finger instead of sitting prettily on top is just plain annoying! Plus, I enjoy the understated look of band alone for a few months out of the year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lmd77. Show lmd77's posts

No ring, no sleep?

[Quote]I've been engaged for about 7 months...I've taken my ring off to go to the beach and to mix meatloaf, but otherwise, it's always on.[/Quote]

Oh, good call! I take mine off in the ocean too, as the cold-induced finger-shrinkage makes me nervous.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

No ring, no sleep?

I only take mine off before putting on lotion or if I'm going swimming. Other than that, it stays on at all times.
    However, before DH and I got together I was engaged to someone else. That engagement ring had a traditional high princess setting and I had to take it off all the time because it would snag or cut me when I slept.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bride2B08. Show Bride2B08's posts

No ring, no sleep?

Hmm, I guess I take my rings off a lot...don't wear them when showering, doing dishes, cooking, sleeping, swimming, working out...I used to wear them to the gym, despite my jeweler's warnings, until I noticed that the metal gym equipment, barbells, etc were leaving major marks and dings in the platinum. I bought a set of 3 tiny covered boxes at Pier 1, and I keep one on my bedside table, one by my bathroom sink and one by my kitchen sink. If the rings aren't on my hands, they're always in one of these boxes, so I always know where to find them (very paranoid about losing them!)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stacyg. Show Stacyg's posts

No ring, no sleep?

Hello ladies. I take mine off when I sleep, shower and work out. I put it in the original engagement ring box that my FH gave it to me in. Other than those times my ring is always on.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

No ring, no sleep?

[Quote]I rarely ever wore my ring. It was my moth-in-law's and I was paranoid I would loose it. I never felt comfortable with it on all day (I'm not a fan of rings, watches, not even hair elastics). i would take it off and often leave it at work, in my car, in my wallet. It was big (about 2 carats total) and very high set. Friends and family would comment all the time about how I never wore it. Then, six weeks ago while at work my home was broken into. Now my engagement and wedding band are gone. probably forever. I wish someone had warned me to hide it or had advised me to get a safe. So, if any of you are in a similar situation - HIDE it well or lock it up.[/Quote]

I am sorry that you learned a lesson the hard way. But you are as silly as the girl that lost her ring because she took it off in a public restroom (as mentioned in someone else's post. You were quite careless leaving at work, your car etc. Common sense should have told you to either place it in a safe or lock box at your house rather than leaving it out as you would with any little thing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

No ring, no sleep?

Sorry your rings got stolen, babo. Sometimes even the "obvious" advice isn't obvious until something bad actually happens. We don't ever expect our homes to be broken into, but it does happen. Those of you with the rings laying visibly around the house take notice!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

No ring, no sleep?

Goodness - funny you should mention that. I think it's a great idea, but I have an admittedly irrational fear of swallowing it and then going through the disgusting aftermath of finding it. And you thought I was sane! ;)