Nordstrom Wedding Dresses?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smithie02. Show smithie02's posts

Has anyone on here ordered a wedding dress from Nordstrom? I'm thinking of ordering one and was told I can return it at anytime, even a year down the road. Sounds too good to be true.

Any advice?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

i've heard from friends who have shopped Nordstroms say they have a very liberal return policy, where "the customer is always right" and they take returns on anything, including items they don't sell....i'm not so sure on this policy, though!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from smithie02. Show smithie02's posts

I ordered it. I called three separate times and had my friend call to find out the return policy (paranoid much?). Each time we were told, with no alterations, a receipt and the tags on, we could return at any time. Even to the store. So since one is going in Natick I figured what the heck. A dress for $200 that can be a barometer when I go shopping for real sounds like a good idea to me!

I'll post back if shipping was good etc.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from granada. Show granada's posts

My mother did this for her dress. It seems to be a fabulous policy, especially for such an "elite" store! She bought 4 dresses (and returned them!) until she finally made her decision -- our whole family was laughing, she was there every weekend and she'd come back home with a new dress and decide it wasn't the right size, or color, or style, she was worse than I am! The MOB dress she ended up with was GORGEOUS -- SO much better than the normal MOB dresses you see in the bridal stores, IMO, and so much less expensive! -- and I think she got it for only $120.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Good morning - just wanted to give you a heads up. I ordered a dress from Nordstrom's web site once and it took a while to be delivered. Usually when you order something online, it comes in like 3 days, but I think it was more like 10+. No big deal, but I just thought I'd mention it so that you wouldn't worry if it doesn't arrive quickly. At the time, I asked a few friends and they said they had had the same experience as me with Nordstrom.

Can I be honest - why wouldn't you be able to return it? Most places accept returns a long time after you make the purchase... Perhaps you're talking about a cash-back return? I suppose most places would give you a store credit so getting your money back is definitely a bonus!

Also, I am going to keep checking out the Nordstrom website for bridesmaid dresses. I like the idea of getting something that isn't as bridesmaid-y and they have a big selection.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from smithie02. Show smithie02's posts

Its more that I was concerned I wouldn't be able to return it a year down the road. Some stores have a 30, 90 or even 14 day (ahem, FIlene's Basement) policy.

I'm just in the beginning stages of shopping for a dress and I didn't want to have one that I needed to decide on in a month's time. I'd sort of like to keep the one I ordered as a back up (if I like it initially) and then if I find another one I love, I can take it back. Even if its July 2008!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hey would you mind showing us the one you want to order?? I have admired some of the dresses on there before, but I already got mine at the Filene's Basement sale last August.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from smithie02. Show smithie02's posts

Sure! Its this one:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2896507/0~2376776~2374327~6005464~6005465?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6005465&P=2

We're having an outdoor, casual wedding next September. I keep gravitating towards the eyelet and lace overlays, so I figured I'd test this one out!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from smithie02. Show smithie02's posts

Thanks! I wasn't sure about it, because I have done no looking in person yet, but I think its really cute. It might be itchy though, I'll have to feel when it comes.

I don't want to miss out on the dress hunting though, so I'm still going to go shop around even if I love this one when it arrives!

Anbody have any experience with Bari Jay dresses for bridesmaids?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from smithie02. Show smithie02's posts

Okay I promised an update on the Nordstrom Dress order. The dress came within a week, so I got to try it on at my Mom's house this past weekend.

For under $200...not bad. If I do choose this one, I'll definitely need to line the skirt half of the dress. But I'm happy that I have something in my closet that I like and can compare the more expensive dresses to.

So to brides considering ordering from there, I say go for it! The dress came well packed, on a hanger in a sturdy box with all the instructions for sending it back/returning it inside. I think they have a great service there!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from clm77. Show clm77's posts

That dress is really cute! For an extra $50 for a slip or a lining, you'd still be at only like $230. That's pretty fantastic for a great style. You can definitely do better than the shoes the model is wearing in the picture though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from smithie02. Show smithie02's posts

Oh yes, it would require some Spanx...as most dresses do now for me! And I agree. The shoes are atrocious. Since everything is outside for us, its got to be flats for me, even though my FI is 14 inches taller than I am. Oh well!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from clm77. Show clm77's posts

even though my FI is 14 inches taller than I am

Yowza!! But you're not confined to flats- you can wear wedges and you'll be fine outside!

These would be gorgeous!

(Moderate Cost)

Enzo Angiolini GiollaCARLOS by Carlos Santana Webbed

Seychelles Take it to The LimitCARLOS by Carlos Santana Pirouette
    (If you want to spend the big bucks!)

Charles David Strive

www.zappos.com/images/719/7199276/1733-196985-p.jpg" width="480" name="targetimage" />

PS. Spanx are possibly my best friend.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from smithie02. Show smithie02's posts

I fully appreciate a wedge and rock them often, but I am really looking for a dress that hits just at my toes due to being in a lawn all day/evening. I am also still contemplated a tea length dress. So I don't want to have a big wedge sticking out, I think it would detract. Although if I find a truly fabulous pair...

I'm leaning more towards a jewel encrusted flat sandal, perhaps a metallic, likely of a substantial thong variety. I also figure my FI knows how little I am, and so does everone else. An extra 3 inches takes nothing out of our height differential anyways!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from clm77. Show clm77's posts

Okay, these aren't a thong, but they're newly out and SO CUTE!http://tinyurl.com/23mamf These are pretty adorable too:
    http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/12113875/c/30172.htmlOkay, one more.
    http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/26472639/c/3298.htmlI know, it's kind of an obsession.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaseylynn. Show kaseylynn's posts

besides nordstroms, has anyone ever found another store like it that sells wedding dresses, besides the usual davids bridal and other bridal boutiques?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from smithie02. Show smithie02's posts

Dillard's does too, but I don't know their return policies. Here is the link. http://www.dillards.com/endeca/EndecaStartServlet?N=1604013

clm - I also have a shoe obsession so I appreciate yours! Have you ever been to Zappatos in the South End?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

My FI is also 14 inches taller! :o) Luckily I want to wear heels anyway. Although, like you said, it really doesn't make a difference. He'll still be 12 inches taller!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

We flew on American Airlines this past weekend and the lack of legroom was ridiculous. I felt so bad for my poor fiance! (They also didn't hand out any snacks for a 3.5 hour flight and the bathroom was disgusting, but that's a different story.)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from karsul. Show karsul's posts

Nicole Miller has wedding dresses with a pretty wide price range.
    i'm not sure if she has any stores in boston, she has 2 here in NYC but only one of them carries bridal

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from clm77. Show clm77's posts

I think 2BWed had violet dresses.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from clm77. Show clm77's posts

weathergirl is also pushing 6'!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

I flew JetBlue once (round trip) a non stop from Boston to Long Beach CA. It was really nice the seats felt a bit wider than average and there was plenty of leg room. Best of all there were a ton of kids on the flight, I didn't realize this until we deplaned and I wondered where they all came from. They have the inseat tvs with games and cartoons etc.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from clliang. Show clliang's posts

Betsy Jenney is the Nicole Miller dealer in the Boston area. There are two locations: Newbury St. and Newton Center. Not sure if they carry bridal gowns, but they do have lots of bridesmaid dresses, many of which come in white/ivory.

Sections
Shortcuts