Not inviting friend's abusive husband

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

i think so -- your friend may get insulted - but i'm pretty sure that you have probably told her how you feel about her situation and it is your right not to invite him to your home -- she may not show up either but that would be up to her -- i think you have every right to not want someone who abuses your friend to be in your home

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lindonderry. Show lindonderry's posts

Yes and no. more no

Yes its you party and you can invite anyone you want but ask yourself a few questions.

It is a girls night out party or a couples party? How is your friend going to feel if you invite her and not her husband? Are you going to put your friend in a situation where everyone will ask where is your husband tonight?

Define abusive?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from liljess. Show liljess's posts

I decided a long time ago that I do not have control over others choices. All I have control over is me, to be a good friend and be there when needed. I'm not sure I would blatantly not invite him. Why don't you suggest to your friend that she may have a better time without him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

As always, I'm in bed with Goodness with this one. If you do invite both, invite my friend Dr. Phil Mcgraw, he's chunky.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

If you don't like him, don't invite him - it's your party. If your friend can't bear to come without her husband she can stay home.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lindonderry. Show lindonderry's posts

We still don't know how abusive it is? Is it a couple arguing in front of others or in privacy? Is it physical abuse, drug and alcohol abuse?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lindonderry. Show lindonderry's posts

This reminds me when a bride and groom don't invite children to there weddings.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from liljess. Show liljess's posts

What about when children are not invited and they bring them anyway...grrrrr.

Soup are you going to give us the background here or what???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

their own children? or guests' children? i think unless the bride and/or groom have a very very close personal relationship with a child, children don't belong at weddings -- i never got married and never will, but i think most parents would enjoy the event more without the kids in tow

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

those people deserve a kick in the butt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

I'd just cancel the whole frikkin' party.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lindonderry. Show lindonderry's posts

I never been to a wedding where childeren are not invited regardless of age. Sometimes its impossible to for the parents to come events like this with bringing them. My wedding we had children it was a day event, and everyone had a good time. If it was a late evening then I would still invite them, but they are not required. Then again I've heard of some bridzillas that don't want any children even at the church, because of more snobbinsh attitudes

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lindonderry. Show lindonderry's posts

Who is poster child?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

i disagree -- i come from a large (7 siblings and me) family -- we all have kids -- we go camping together every year and we are pretty close -- my brothers who have married after the sisters and a couple of brothers all had kids invited the children - again cause we are really close - they have a special relationship with them -- but if its your cousin's kid, or your friend's kid, or what not - i don't think it is necessary to invite them - again the bride and groom should be allowed to have the kind of wedding they want -- i think a big wedding is a waste of money - use that money as a downpayment on a house instead which lasts years not hours -- but that's not the issue here - the kids eat, take a place at a table, etc. - ie cost more money on an already large bill -- and every one can find a babysitter for a day to go to a wedding childless

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Oh no - you blew her cover!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lindonderry. Show lindonderry's posts

wife beater (noun) 1. tank-style underwear shirts. Origin: based on the stereotype that physically abusive husbands wear that particular style of undershirt.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lindonderry. Show lindonderry's posts

Still no such things as a husband beater

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lindonderry. Show lindonderry's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

I cry.

Ask Lisa from Winthrop

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lindonderry. Show lindonderry's posts

What does that have to do with anything living in NH?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

Soup, I don't mean to be pushy but doesn't that free up a spot now? Could I go and be the consoling guy? I do that. I'm still sensitive. Here I am consoling via pony tail.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lindonderry. Show lindonderry's posts

Oh ya where a bunch of inbreeding gun loving toothless folks up here. Fact is everyone new neighbor on my street is a former masshole.

Speaking of inbread I see BossyBetty has something to chime in about. How are you doing Auntiemom or Uncle dad

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lindonderry. Show lindonderry's posts

I found her

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lindonderry. Show lindonderry's posts

Laugh all you want they all move up north for one reason and one reason only.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts