OT-American Idol

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

OT-American Idol

Well, with all the changes here at boston.com, and busyness at work and home I've never had a chance to hear everyone's opinions on the American Idol finale.  Did the best man/boy win?
    I saw it going either way.  People could have chosen a singer (David A) or a musician (David C).  I'm glad they finally went with a musician.  Plus I think poor Archie would have fainted if he'd one.  He always looked like he was going to get beaten up.
    One of the things that struck me all through the season, right up until the end, was that these people were very nervous performers--not people poised to become the next big singing sensation.  Even Cook seemed overcome with nerves most of the time, totally shocked when he made it through to the next round.  I thought he was at his very best when singing that new song at the end--totally relaxed.
    In the end, David Cook definately won me over with is adorableness.  I honestly did not like all his performances, but think he is very original, can play an instrument and write his own music.
    Funny, it was the worst season ever, but I think he will be fairly successful.  Like I said, he plays an instrument, is original, writes his own stuff, has a fairly good stage presence, gives a very comfortable interview, still seems like a regular guy and with the new haircut and facial hair is really really cute!
    Do we dare dish on his "dating" situation?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenclown. Show greenclown's posts

OT-American Idol

I think people got it right this time, thank goodness.  I was very  happy about how overwhelming the win was.  Take that, tongue-boy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

OT-American Idol

Yeah, I was happy Cook won.  And I had to laugh when I saw the pure relief on Archuleta's face.  Seriously - the kid would have had a nervous breakdown if they'd announced his name!

I was also happy with the winner on DWTS.  So for once, both my guilty pleasures ended on high notes for me!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

OT-American Idol

Some of my thoughts on this years American Idol:

The judges seemed to hand the title to Archuleta that final nite.   I think the American public purposely voted for Cook because of this.

Archuleta is only 17.  He's technically not old enough to enter into a binding, legal contract w/o his mom & dad involved somehow.  His dad has a reputation for being the "stage dad from hell".  AI officials didn't want to deal with Archuleta's dad.   

I honestly wasn't impressed with this season of AI.  I hated the audience @ home questions.  Seems like they were looking for "time fillers"...