OT Car Update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ralphluv. Show ralphluv's posts

OT Car Update

Hey Gals,

Just wanted to post for the 3rd time how grateful I am for all of your support and advice while I was car shopping/recovering from the accident.

I bought a 2005 Honda Accord!

Thanks again!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

OT Car Update

good to hear ralphluv..

is considering a Honda Civic...DH isn't too happy as he feels its "too small" and he "wants me to be in a larger car that has more protection in an accident"...

thoughts, ideas, opinions anyone?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ralphluv. Show ralphluv's posts

OT Car Update

Some of the newer civics are bigger, but they are a little small.

If you go certified used, you can get an accord for a good price.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from krazykitten218. Show krazykitten218's posts

OT Car Update

Congrats on the car, I'm sure you're glad that ordeal is over with! Good luck with your new car!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bean78. Show bean78's posts

OT Car Update

I can say that I have never regretted buying my 2001 civic. I bought it when I was single and LOVED the great mileage and the little bit of pep that it has and it was just a comfy car for me. Then i got married and while my husband loves how economical it is; he isn't terribly comfortable in it. We drive to NC to see friends every once in a while and the 13 hour ride in a civic was a little much for him..he is 6'1" and his knees were always up against the dash with the seat ALL the way back. SO if your DH is a tall man..he may not be happy in the long run if he rides shot gun or even drives your car frequently. The only drawback now is that we now have a son and when his car seat was rear facing...my LORD it took up half of our space in the front seat too...there just isn't a whole lot of room there between the back and the fronts seats. now that he is forward facing there is no problem...have contemplated getting a bigger car the next time around. But all in all I LOVE My civic and 120,000 miles later it has given me NO problems..the only $$ put in has been regular maintenance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

OT Car Update

I'd feel safer in a Civic than most any big American car, but check out Consumer Reports to see what they say, or the NTSB. (i guess it would be .gov.)

I have a '95 Camry that I love, love, love. Bought it 4 years ago for 4K and it's great in every way (except that it's not a convertible.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from clm77. Show clm77's posts

OT Car Update

I missed it! But hope you're okay! Congrats on the new-to-you car- that one should last a long time :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

OT Car Update

What! You didn't buy my suggestion--a 2001 Ford Windstar that just needed its transmission replaced and probably has a cracked suspension? Yeesh.

I'm jealous ;-)

Sections
Shortcuts