OT- Marco Polo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

OT- Marco Polo

I would far prefer to see a child on a leash than see a 6 or 7 year old in a stroller. That makes me gag.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

OT- Marco Polo

I'm fascinated by this. Do you just completely divide up the errands? One goes to the grocery store, the other to the home wares store?

[Quote]I have been thinking about this and realize that I am actually NEVER in a store with my husband. Is that strange?[/Quote]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

OT- Marco Polo

[Quote]Sorry I find that a bit annoying and obnoxious. Pick a meeting place at a certain time to meet back up again but yelling and whistling is a bit much.[/Quote]

Completely agree! Anyone ever in a store and you hear someone yelling for his / her wife or husband or better yet their kids? I really dont need to hear you shouting or whistling through the store trying to find your child or husband / wife, etc. It shows a lack of manners actually.

Just use your cell phone or dont split up. If you tend to split up in stores due to wandering, make sure ahead of time you put your cell phones on vibrate, then you will feel it and can answer the call and meet whomever you were separated from.

I do not agree with putting kids on a leash. Parents need to actually be parents and teach their kids how to behave, both at home and in public. Nothing is worse than a kid who is unruly, running around the store, loud, etc. Parents need to teach their kids how to behave, or make other arrangements and not bring them into stores, restaraunts, etc, until they are behaved. There are plenty of well behaved children out there. It takes work, but, if you are a parent, you need to put in the work to accomplish this. it is time to set some structure and boundaries for kids.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

OT- Marco Polo

In a perfect world, yes, we would never get seperated in public places, but it happens. When it happens, we have to find each other somehow.
    I can count the number of times it's happened to me on one hand.

I'm totally lost as to how it shows a lack of manners. Sometimes shouting can't be avoided, I suppose if I was shouting for help you'd be annoyed too?

[Quote]

Completely agree! Anyone ever in a store and you hear someone yelling for his / her wife or husband or better yet their kids? I really dont need to hear you shouting or whistling through the store trying to find your child or husband / wife, etc. It shows a lack of manners actually.

Just use your cell phone or dont split up. If you tend to split up in stores due to wandering, make sure ahead of time you put your cell phones on vibrate, then you will feel it and can answer the call and meet whomever you were separated from.

I do not agree with putting kids on a leash. Parents need to actually be parents and teach their kids how to behave, both at home and in public. Nothing is worse than a kid who is unruly, running around the store, loud, etc. Parents need to teach their kids how to behave, or make other arrangements and not bring them into stores, restaraunts, etc, until they are behaved. There are plenty of well behaved children out there. It takes work, but, if you are a parent, you need to put in the work to accomplish this. it is time to set some structure and boundaries for kids.[/Quote]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

OT- Marco Polo

[Quote]In a perfect world, yes, we would never get seperated in public places, but it happens. When it happens, we have to find each other somehow.
    I can count the number of times it's happened to me on one hand.

I'm totally lost as to how it shows a lack of manners. Sometimes shouting can't be avoided, I suppose if I was shouting for help you'd be annoyed too?

[/Quote]

I think it shows a lack of manners because you can easily just call each other on your cell phones. If they arent working / arent on, then just walk around looking til you find each other, or say beforehand hey, if we get separated, just go up to the front of the store or such and such aisle and ill find you there. When I go shopping in any store, mall, grocery store, etc, I really dont need t o hear someone shouting someone else's name over and over again. It is annoying to other shoppers. It is just as bad as listening to a mother screaming for her child that is not behaved and ran off. Come up with your own quiet plan to find each other and to control your children.

Honestly, nobody wants to listen to it.

Screaming for help in an emergency, is a different situation. Shouting over and over for your husband who wandered off, is not.

Sections
Shortcuts