OT-Prices by town for marriage License?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from katel. Show katel's posts

Hi-sort of OT...I remember a while ago there was a chart in the Boston Weddings magazine, I think, that listed each town, who to contact for a marriage license, and the price...not trying to be cheap here, but I remember that Boston was $50 and my hometown of Essex was $20 or $20, but I don't know if both FI and I will be able to get up there together to get a license there before the wedding (we work opposite schedules). So I was trying to find that listing again to see if any towns closer to JP (Dedham, Newton, Needham, etc). were cheaper than city hall in Boston. Does anyone have a chart like this? I'm not trying to be cheap, but 3 weeks before the wedding, $25 is $25, you know??? I suppose I can go on each towns website, as well, but some of them don't have the price for licenses. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I looked at the new Boston Weddings magazine, and the chart isn't in there...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Moneypenny424. Show Moneypenny424's posts

I live in Brookline and am pretty sure it is $35, so at least it's a bit cheaper.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Too bad you cannot get further north....Dracut was $15 (and a certified copy is $5) and Lawrence is $10

Needham is $35 and a certified copy is $15
    Newton is also $35 and you need to prepay for your certified copy but I didn't see what that fee is.
    Dedham is $30 and a certified copy is $10

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrica27. Show jerrica27's posts

Cambridge is only $25. Monday is there late night, open till 8 p.m.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 300dpi. Show 300dpi's posts

we had to purchase our license in the town that we were getting married in. You dont have to do that ?? Ours was $45 in Southern NH.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Moneypenny424. Show Moneypenny424's posts

An MA marriage license can be used in any city in MA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

try cambridge...they were relatively inexpensive and the staff in the city clerk's office is unbelievably awesome, and fantastic to work with!! would deal with them again in a heartbeat...

very diverse staff, and *no* attitudes in cambridge..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jag27. Show jag27's posts

Goodness - You can get your license in any town in MA as long as your are getting married in Ma. We obtained our license in Stoneham, but we got married in Melrose.

Katel - the fee in Stoneham is $30 and $35 in Melrose for the license. Stoneham town hall is open till 7pm on Tuesday if you want to make the drive.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

I'm getting married in CT, do I need to go there to get my marriage license?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cas123. Show cas123's posts

Arlington is $25

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gabriellemarie. Show gabriellemarie's posts

I paid $5 for ours in Nahant!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CityGirl07. Show CityGirl07's posts

I believe Ipswich is $15. Framingham is $20.
    When I called Framingham they said we both have to be there to apply, but one can pick it up without the other being there. I thought Ipswich had said we both have to be there for both. Anyone have any experience with this - maybe it varies by town?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

Haverhill is $25

Sections
Shortcuts