PCOS, Clomid, and Ovulation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

I know many of you have taken clomid so I'm hoping you can provide some information about your own experiences.  I need to fill you in on a bit of my history in order for my question to make sense, so please bear with me.

DH and I started seeing a reproductive endocrinologist in March, and I was officially diagnosed w/PCOS.  The RE is fantastic and has been very thorough.  I started taking metformin in April (for insulin resistance related to PCOS) and I have lost a few pounds while on it, but have not started ovulating.

I know I ovulate on my own occasionally b/c I had a very early miscarriage back in December.  Since then I have not had a period on my own, but have taken provera 2ce to induce one.  I've also been charting since last October and my charts since the miscarriage have not shown any sort of temperature shift...just temps bouncing all around in the low-mid 97s

The more recent time I took provera was in June in order to get a period so that I could start clomid.  I started 50 mg clomid 5 days after I started my period (cd5 - cd9), and had been told by the RE that I should ovulate on or around cd14 (which was July 4th).  I did have a couple days of eggwhite CM last Thursday and Friday, but I haven't seen a temp shift yet (today is cd17) that would indicate ovulation has occurred.

I am supposed to go in for a pregancy blood test between cd 21 (this Friday) and cd28 and am planning to call the nurse this week to talk to her about what's going on and to find out when she thinks I should have it done.

So...has anyone here taken clomid and NOT ovulated?  If so, what was the next step in the process?  Raising the clomid dose?  If you did ovulate while on clomid, what day of your cycle did you ovulate?  

I fully accept that one cycle of trying on the clomid/metformin doesn't guarantee we'll get pregnant right away, but I'm a little concerned that my chart doesn't indicate that I've ovulated yet (esp. b/c of the eggwhite cm last week).  Also of note, (and sorry if TMI) this was the first time I've had eggwhite cm, so there was definitely an "oh, THAT'S what everyone is talking about" moment, so I'm pretty sure I'm not just making it up.  But, w/o the temp shift, I'm just a little confused about what's going on.

Any thoughts/insight would be greatly appreciated.  TIA!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ES57. Show ES57's posts

Hello,

Please don't stress! be cool and it will work. You are in good hands!

during the ovulation time I had always an ultrasound done and also blood work! cycle 5 I was also desperate with no ovu to come and he told me it will happen (I had to go twice in one week for a chek up) he said once you have that CM you will ovulate

My story is the same then you (pcos, anovulation I saw also RE). Charting for months nothing fun but the best way to keep tract of what's going on! I always had lots of CM even a few days before my temp went out the roof also a good way of knowing if you are pregnant or no because you can ovulate any day (usually around day 14 for normal womand even with clomid/glucophage it never happened to me but after ovulation it is always 14 days to get the period if no pregnant)

Not every women will ovulate with clomid. a friend of mine who had the micro kysts, her kysts would just go bigger and bigger but no ovulation. Her dr had to give a "vacation" for the ovaries (I forgot the drug she took but it was in Europe anyway)
    In my case I did ovulate once with just glucophage (or medformin same activ compound) once at day 35 no ovulation so got provera and then started clomid (50 mg)with glucophage  (1500 mg per day), the first time if I remembered correctly it was day 18th my ovulation got my period 3 weeks later (apparently spontaneous miscarrage).

cycle 2 same amount of clomid and glucophage just before the ovulation I got huge back pain (at first i didn't know what was going on with my body it was soo painful). ovulation day 21st and 2 weeks later period

cycle 3 clomid 100 mg and glucophage (1500mg) ovulation day 18th period 2.5 weeks after ovu

cycle 4 identic then cycle 3

cycle 5 clomid 150 mg, glucophage (1500mg) and prednisone (for an allergic reaction but too much) ovulation at day 28 and period 3 weeks later

cycle 6, clomid 150 mg, glucophage (1500mg) very small dose of prednisone (small amount can help) hystero day 10 of my cycle and got healthy little boy 9 months later!!! he is almost 2 years old now

In my case if cycle 6 was negative I would have a cycle 7 identical then cycle 6 if then neg again we would move to the injections

I wish you good luck!!! it is all worth it but getting pregnant like that can be challenging!  mother nature doesn't help enough!!
    I would add again stay cool don't think about it! my RE never told me the values of my bloodwork (It is soo easy to find lots of info on the net and get all stressed out!)

I hope my long message is helping you! do you think by now you got a good OVU?

Best of luck!!!  RELAX

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Thanks for your encouragement....  As I mentioned before, not getting pregnant this cycle is one thing...and I can accept that, but not ovulating--and not even having the OPPORTUNITY to get pregnant--is just wearing on my at this point.  I have only ovulated ONCE since last October and that is just exasperating.  Most women have 12 - 13 opportunities a year to get pregnant...and I've only had one opportunity in 9 months.

I spoke with the nurse at the RE's office on Wednesday.   The nurse asked a couple of questions and agreed w/me that it sounded like I probably didn't ovulate and she told me that I should get an appt. to see the RE and have him look at my chart w/in the next week.  That was really discouraging for some reason, and I had a good cry when I got home from work that night--frustration that my body just isn't doing what it's supposed to do, even w/drugs that are supposed to make it do what it's supposed to do. 

I've got an appointment w/the RE for next Wednesday (which will be cd26) and I'm hoping that the RE sees something I don't in my chart.  And, fwiw, I would still like to get a serum pregnancy test just to be sure.

I've had the same temp +/- .1 degree for the past 4 days and no temp shift as far as I can tell.  At this point I'm not expecting to see a noticeable shift...cd21 is just too late if on the clomid.  So...we'll see what the RE has to say. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Just a quick update...

I ended up having a temp.  shift  last weekend and went to see the RE on Wednesday.  He agreed that, based on my chart, I probably ovulated...just about a week later than would have been expected.  He did some blood work and I got the results yesterday that my progesterone levels are definitely up which means that I DID ovulate. 

So...now we wait and see...if I don't get AF in another week or so, they'll do a pregnancy test.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from blushingbride1. Show blushingbride1's posts

Good luck Daisy75-2!  I hope you get a BFP!

-------------------------------------------------------------

[Quote]Just a quick update...

I ended up having a temp.  shift  last weekend and went to see the RE on Wednesday.  He agreed that, based on my chart, I probably ovulated...just about a week later than would have been expected.  He did some blood work and I got the results yesterday that my progesterone levels are definitely up which means that I DID ovulate. 

So...now we wait and see...if I don't get AF in another week or so, they'll do a pregnancy test.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed![/Quote]

Sections
Shortcuts