Planet Fitness at Gov. Center

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

anyone belong there - anyone know if it is crazy busy at 5 - 5:30?� I'm assuming it is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

thanks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyadvice. Show guyadvice's posts

It is.� I haven't been there in a bit but that is partly why I stopped going because I was hitting it right at that time and it was always super busy.� I still have a membership there but I found another gym in the area I like to go to and it's cheaper.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

I walk by there all the time and it always looks crowded and cramped. I go a gym near there that's alot less crowded and not coed either. Let me know if you want the name of it. They have some good classes too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

where is that one -- cheaper than $20 a month ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

yea, give me the name and location - and how much does it cost?�

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyadvice. Show guyadvice's posts

I just sent her the info.� You go there too?� LOL.� I didn't want to publicly post it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sandybaby. Show sandybaby's posts

It is, and the ventilation isn't that great. The facility is alot cleaner since Planet Fitness took over but it still gets that gross smell when its really busy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

thanks guy -- this is where tru goes too - i printed out a trial membership and am going to check it out -- thanks again

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

i've belonged to bally's and planet fitness -- sometimes the boys don't want to give up the machines -- so a womens only doesn't sound bad to me -- i'll miss seeing the boys arms though -- also, i would assume since only have the population is allowed to go there, it may be a little less crowded at the only time i can get there - right after work before my commute home --

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyadvice. Show guyadvice's posts

I've belonged to both also.� I still have a membership at Planet Fitness so I can use their facility outside of the city on the weekends if I want.� I do really like this place Tru and I go to.� Again, it depends what your looking for in gyms.� Good luck.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

yea, i was already a member but when i walked over last night to check it out for myself there was a sign outside that said $19.95 a month -- so they offering it there at gov. center

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

not the cardio -- the nautilus types -- they are always in pairs and sometimes i have to admit i get intimated asking if i can get in to do a set -- usually i'm not easily intimidated but in a gym setting since I ain't jessica alba i get a little shy

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

its very small - i checked it out yesterday -- the ones in danvers and tewksbury are so much bigger -- danvers is easy for me to get to and they are basically open 24 hours a day but i don't go to danvers a lot -- the one in tewksbury is like a 30 minute drive from my boyfriends house in lowell so that sucks -- its huge though there -- more cardio machines than i have ever seen anywhere - but again the boys on the nautilius type stuff are a little intimidating

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyadvice. Show guyadvice's posts

I could be wrong but I think the catch to that is locking into a contract for 2 yrs.� Again I could be wrong but I know my past experiences with them have been to lock into a contract to get that low monthly rate.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

yea right

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

That's right,I prefer an all womens place for more reasons than that though.

1.) It doesn't smell like sweat and pee like the coed places

2.) We actually wipe off the equipment after we use it

3.) I don't have to listen to a bunch of grunts and groans from men lifting weights

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

that is probably true -- wasn't thinking of that -- does the other place make you� lock into a contract?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyadvice. Show guyadvice's posts

I think then, you'll really like this women's gym then.��� It's not intimidating at all.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

at Planet Fitness they don't allow you to grunt or groan - part of the reason i liked it

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Tell them I referred you and I get a free month (it's all about me)

No really, it's a good place, except the locker room is confusing as the numbers aren't in order, drives me crazy.

Guy - what classes to you take?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

do they rent out lockers -- meaning can you keep your work out stuff there overnight� -- how much

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyadvice. Show guyadvice's posts

I think you could probably do monthly, the owners are super cool and will work with what you want to do.� It's not like a corporate owned gym.� I committed for 6 months because it was so cheap it made more sense to.� No sign on fees, no long contracts.�

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyadvice. Show guyadvice's posts

right now none.� I do 20 mins cardio and then weights.� I am training with Rob right now.� I'm thinking of taking the yogapilates class though.�� Once I'm done with training, I will probably start taking a class or 2 during the week.� I go at odd times throughout the day because I have flexibility with my work schedule.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyadvice. Show guyadvice's posts

yes