Pros and Cons - Brooksby Farm

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Txgrl82. Show Txgrl82's posts

Hi there,

I had my reception there and loved it. HOWEVER, it was in August and ended up being one of the absolute hottest days of the year. With no AC, you can see where that can be a problem!

Pros: beautiful backdrop for pictures, if weather cooperates cocktail hour held on the lawn (it's really nice) laid back atmosphere lends itself to the "rustic/elegant" kind of theme. Despite the heat, all of my guests had a great time (at least that's what they told me) because they didn't feel confined to being in the barn. they took advantage of the outside picnic tables after dinner, and some were even dancing out there (music was loud enough w/ doors open). Tammy, the coordinator there, was great to work with, and everything went smoothly all the way through the wedding. If I needed anything she was right there to help and always promptly returned calls (I would leave a msg and literally 2 mins later I would be getting a call back).

Cons: No control over the temp- if it's hot, it will be hot. If it's cold, I bet it's easier to get it warm with everyone's body heat, but you probably can't have the doors open. If it rains, the parking situation could get messy since you park on a gravel/grassy lot.

Good luck and I hope this helps!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Julie6278. Show Julie6278's posts

Thank you for your help...is there any way you would be willing to send me some pictures..my email address is jlne27@yahoo.com

Thanks!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Txgrl82. Show Txgrl82's posts

[Quote]Thank you for your help...is there any way you would be willing to send me some pictures..my email address is jlne27@yahoo.com

Thanks![/Quote]

Hey Julie, I totally will send you some pictures! I tried a couple of times and the files are too big to go through email all at once. I have to break them up into a few different ones first, so it might end up being tomorrow...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Txgrl82. Show Txgrl82's posts

Just sent them- let me know if you get them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lbelle. Show lbelle's posts

Re: Pros and Cons - Brooksby Farm

Brooksby Farm is a great place for a wedding. Funny I went to a wedding there and it was in August and ended up being the most perfect weather. But I can imagine it could be really uncomfortable without any AC. I really hope that doesnt happen to us.

So many vendors left to pick
    Cake
    DJ