Registering faux pas?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Registering faux pas?

Well, yes, it is a bit tacky, but hopefully they just did it to give guests all the information they might need to know along with hotel info., etc. Maybe it came from a template that included it. Maybe they don't know any better!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

Registering faux pas?

There's an old story about the queen drinking her finger bowl because a dignitary at her dinner did so because he didn't know what it was, and that example was always presented to me as the epitome of etiquette. It is to make other people feel comfortable....etiquette is not the source of a "'gotcha' see how you made that mistake and I am so much more refined than you because I know better." What the OP experienced would not be considered appropriate etiquette, but calling the STD sender out on it would be even worse. And yes I know the OP did not mention that she would ever speak out about it to the sender, but hopefully it will not be a source of irritation for the friends down the line. So she wrote the location of her registries on the Save the Date. Who does it really hurt; that info can not pressure a guest to do anything they do not want to do or buy anything or more than they intended and it gives them more time to shop if they are inclined to use the registry? No harm no foul.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sulesq. Show sulesq's posts

Registering faux pas?

I agree that it should not go on STDs, but what about a website?

I was planning on putting our registry info on one of the pages of our website. Is this tacky?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Registering faux pas?

I would cut the girl some slack because she may be getting pressure from the families. I know when I got engaged in May this year by June I had people asking where I was registered at, and not casually either they wanted to know now. Then again those are my loving family members that shop a year in advance or at least start to look a year in advance to make sure they don't miss a sale. It was very annoying for me but I smiled and just said that I was getting around to it and to check my website for details.

Meanwhile on my website under the registry section I put a cheery message that said I did plan to register but wanted to get the details like flowers etc settled first and to check back in a few months. Well it rolls around to the end of October and we finally got around to getting it done.

I would wonder about the inclusion myself but I don't know that I would find it tacky. On an actual wedding invite that is a different can of worms. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Registering faux pas?

On the website...I say go for it (heck I did it so I can't frown on it). The thing with the website is that it is passive, at least mine is because the registry stuff isn't right there on the front page. In fact it is the 10th option you can pick from the left navigation bar.

It is good if you need to register for one or two things at specialtie stores or you go a little non traditional. We are registered with BBB and Amazon.com. I might add another specialty type shop as well like ThinkGeek.com.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarahbth. Show sarahbth's posts

Registering faux pas?

If I sent out registry information with a SAVE, I would feel as though I called someone at home and suggested they come visit me one day 4 months from now, with a present they bought me in hand. A little pushy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Registering faux pas?

Hi Freckled, I am really confused by this. I always thought to put aregistry information inside any invitation was bad etiquette, and iwould personally never do it.
    But on a different thread I got blasted, because I buy gift off theregistry, and was told never to do so. How can one buy a gift from aregistry, if one does not get that info. Some couples do not have websites and some guests do not have access to a computer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from summer07. Show summer07's posts

Registering faux pas?

You ask. You ask the bride, or the MOH, MOG. ThatÆs how it worked in my family (for those who donÆt use the internet much). Or for the more internet-savvy, you do a search on theknot or wedding channel and b/c most stores are linked to one or both of these websites you can usually find the registries. Granted some stores might not be linked, but thatÆs when you ask or wait for the shower invite (presuming that info is included). -->-->

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from itny_toy. Show itny_toy's posts

Registering faux pas?

That's what we did ... put the wedding website link on our save the date then put our registry info on the website.

Sections
Shortcuts