RUDE NASTY PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfann21. Show patsfann21's posts

I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW IMMATURE� PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD CAN BE. THANK YOU TO THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE DEFENDED ME.� I WAS LOOKING FOR A DJ AND ASKED FOR NAMES. OF ALL THE POST ONLY ONE GAVE ME WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR. EVERYONE ELSE ADDED COMMENTS ABOUT WHAT THEY LIKE/DISLIKE AND OF COURSE BEING RUDE ABOUT IT.� IF I WANTED YOUR OPINION ABOUT HOW I WANT MY WEDDING I WOULD ASK. FOR THE PEOPLE WHO PERSONALLY ATTACKED BRIDES ON THIS SITE, YOU HAVE WAY TO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS. YOU ARE VERY TOUGH BEHIND A COMPUTER. I DOUBT YOU ARE THIS RUDE IN PERSON. I COULD BE WRONG. I JOINED THIS SITE TO GET IDEAS FOR MY WEDDING� NOT TO BE PUT DOWN. THIS IS NOT HIGH SCHOOL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beautmind64. Show beautmind64's posts

I agree the pervasiveness of rude, incivil and downright nastiness in society is just too much too bear!
    That is why they are called "massholes"!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaygee11. Show kaygee11's posts

Patfann21-I'm really sorry you've been experiencing the backlash you've gotten. IMO your requests for help and brainstorming have been perfectly appropriate and not at all offenseive or unwelcome.� Not sure what's behind the continued backlash, but it sucks that you've gotten it. i'm not sure if it's the tone in your e-mail or the words that you're choosing, or how you're approaching getting use out of the ladies on the board, but something's not landing right for you here. I hope you're able to tweak whatever isn't working (even if it's just that people are starting to expect to attack whenever your username shows up?) because there really are some very nice women on here who are happy to help and have good answers to give (even if sometimes coupled with unsolicited advice).Good luck with your continued planning!�

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hi patsfann, I am sorry, you are getting such negative responses. But Ithink some of them are carried over from one of your other threads.Some posters do not know, when to stop. They find an "offer" and theykeep going at it. I am embarrassed on behalf of my fellow posters.

Please don't let the "nasty" ones keep you off the boards. There aremany sincere posters here, who will give you valuable advice. Justignore the posts, that are negative towards you. Don't even reply. Ifyou do, it will give them yet another round to attack you. This is whatsome of the posters "live" for. Unfortunately!
    We all know, who they are - and detest them and put them on "mental ignore."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ralphluv. Show ralphluv's posts

I went back and reread your post and the responses.� No one was mean to you.� You felt the need to freak out when people were trying to look out for you.� Then people were�snarky to you because of your attitude.� They were trying to explain to you, and some of them rather nicely, that your guests may not want that.� They were giving you the benefit of the doubt that you may not have considered some stuff when you were going to make a decision on this issue.� I love when people who don't get the response they want rant about how rude people are.� I snorted when I read your original post but didn't respond because people had already told you that a "fun" DJ might make your guests uncomfortable.� And to the poster who called us Massholes, grow up.� That's the oldest thing ever....come up with something good, huh?ETA: Also Patsfann, you are lucky that your other post "HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" didn't get more posts about how you were not on fire...you should only post HELP with that many exclamation points when you are contained in a ball of fire and are unable to stop drop and roll.� I think alot of people gave you a break.�

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrl-three. Show jrl-three's posts

Though generally I think you are right about the tone of the board lately (I am personally sick of Missy and thatguy and helphelp when they get going - have I left anyone out?) I do think you are overreacting about your dj post.� I read at least 4 or 5 constructive suggestions and several of the others who gave "honest opinions" about your idea said it in a tactful way and seemed only to be trying to save you embarrassment.� You will find that in the world of tasteful weddings, dj's with gimmicks don't rate high on the planning list.� Sorry but that is the truth.� You can't expect to post somehting like that and not get negative reactions.��Don't be so thin-skinned and naive!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

Pats - I'm with Ralph and BB - try to shake it off and start again.� You might find us quite fun and funny.� (Though I also agree, there are a few posters who you will learn to ignore.� I'm currenlty trying to learn to ignore one in particular. I'm using affirmations.... I will not let (her) get to me....I will not let (her) get to me....)I know you were sensitive because of the JP post, (and I would be too.� I didn't get the hostility that one started.� It was a bit much.)� But the DJ post is pretty normal.� Check out the post titled, "fun favors."� You'll see people giving honest opinions and the OP taking them for what they're worth. Listen and then do whatever you and your family chose - it's your wedding!!Suggestion - You also might have more fun if you contribute to other people's posts - giving as well as asking.� It makes it more fun.� Answer the favors post and the colors post and get into the fun exchange of ideas. btw - the worst memory I have of my wedding is the dj who would not stop playing games like the 'hokie-pokie' no matter how�often we told him to just play music! Turns out people can't stop talking about how much FUN they had at our wedding! So, I hated him, aparently, my guests loved him!� So do what you know your guests will enjoy.� I would recommend him but he is in California.�

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ralphluv. Show ralphluv's posts

PattsI went and read the JP thread...you didn't not need to be treated like that, so now I get why you are mad.� Honestly though, the person who jumped on you and accused you of a vendor does that to a lot of people so�don't feel bad. �Hang in there, you will get a ton of really good advice if you stick here..and people are genuinely sincere.� If you were to go to a different website about weddings, you'll get a lot of superficial stuff.� I really thought you had over reacted and you might have a little on the DJ post, but now I get why.Good luck!�

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfann21. Show patsfann21's posts

thank you to all the ladies who have helped me in finding a place to get marrrried. with the advice from here i was able to check places i never would have thought of. i only continue to stay because there are so many wonderful people that can provied get advice. it is however, childish that certain people on here use this to belittle others. With that being said, if you want say something rude, please�email me and i will give you my phone #.� better yet, give me yours and �and we can discuss this like adults not behind a computer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenclown. Show greenclown's posts

The thing about a public message board is, though, people are going to give opinions whether they're asked for or not.� This isn't exclusive to boston.com.� I don't think there's a need for people to be nasty for no reason, but don't think it's reasonable to expect everyone to keep their opinions to themselves.

And I will say that when she first posted the "HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" posts I was tempted to ask if she was tied up in a basement somewhere.� One exclamation point is sufficient.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

i love being wicked, evil, mean and nasty.i'm the same way offline than I am online.� no difference.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

pats, sorry you have had a bad experience with regards to people's opinions, but you have to accept them as just�that.� Take the helpful ones and ignore the others.� I did think some of the comments on the DJ post�were unnecessary, but some people were just commenting that before you spend your money on this, just think about if this is something your guest would enjoy.� ALso not all those people�that insulted you were regular posters.� I will agree that some people were out of line (i.e. insinuating that this post was a "fake").� And some people don't couch their dismay at what you think is the best idea going, but what is it that they say "Everyone is entitled to my opinion"?I got slammed once for suggesting toothbrushes to go along with candy apples because that "took the fun out" of the favors.� The first slam is painful, but then you get numb.If you think this is bad, you should visit the news boards.� They are downright scary, I can't even read them anymore.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

ash, you're so right on the news boards.� they're much, much nastier than the wedding boards!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

I too love the word "snarky" I might have to try to use it on a daily basis! IT ROCKS!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

after reading this post and the post on a fun DJ, one thought comes to mind.the "comments" you got on the "DJ w/props" idea may be exactly what your guests may feel when they attend your wedding.� they may not be into the DJ w/props thing...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jetblueeyes. Show jetblueeyes's posts

When people don't hear what they want to hear, or when they hear a point of view that goes against what they want to do, all of a sudden that person is rude and nasty because they did not align themselves�with him or her. I think patsfan is very Naive, and if�her skin is that thin�she stand a lifetime of disapointment, It's time to�grow up.She asked about finding a cheesy DJ and some of us tried to sway her against it, so now people on the board are nasty and mean, go figure!�If someone wanted to know whereto buy a Black wedding dress, I would have tried to sway�them too against what I thought was a bad idea. Patsfan�sounds like�a very young bride that lacks sophistication, and wants to entertain her guests with games and such. She has embraced a notion that�many of us would avoid.But if that's what you want sweetie, go for it.�But we told you so.�Look Who's calling The Kettle Black.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Well, of course you wouldn't tell someone to their face that an idea is tacky.� If a good friend wanted to do something that you know wouldn't go over well, wouldn't you gently try to talk�her out of�it.� Or drop some hints, at least.Similarly, guests are going to tell a bride and groom that they had a great time and the food was wonderful whether it's true or not.At least, given the anonymity of the boards, people are free to speak their opinions.� That doesn't mean you should be mean or rude, but you don't have to be as gentle as you would be with a friend whose feelings you're trying desperately not to hurt.� �

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

I think you are missing Scorpio's point.� The OP didn't ask for opinions and that is why I personally felt that many of the responses were uncalled for.� She asked for a specific thing and if you couldn't offer a that specific thing why respond at all?� And we are not the poster's good friend, I assumed she talked with her good friends and they thought it was a good idea but didn't have DJ suggestions either so she went her as her second option.� That is how I did my wedding planning, trusted family and friends and if they couldn't provide recommendations I came here, why do you assume that she didn't do the same thing?

I am not sure I would have enjoyed that type of thing at my wedding so I didn't feel the need to respond to her because I didn't think my DJ was a good fit for her.� How hard is it to shake your head at your computer and not respond?

I think there are three main types of posts on this board (1) where the bride knows what she wants but doesn't know where to find it and (2) where the bride is weighing her options and asks for opinons (3) where the item in� question has the bride overwhelmed and doesn't know what she wants and asks for opinions.� In the second two examples opinons are welcomed (or should be) by the poster because that is what she is asking for.� The first the poster is asking for something specific her mind is made up, help her find what it is that she seeks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ralphluv. Show ralphluv's posts

I totally agree with you.� The DJ post was just the last straw...the poor girl had been accused of being a vendor by everyone's favorite poster and I think she just lost it.� I read this and was sooooo annoyed because I didn't think the DJ post was mean at all until after she had large print posted that people were obnoxious.� I then went back and read the JP post and was literally horrified by how mean some people were.� Then I got where she was coming from.�

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from frezz11884. Show frezz11884's posts

I agree with the last few posts. I too read the Dj post and did not include my opinion since I was not asked for it. I am usually a lurker for this exact reason. If I have a question I try and ask friends and family first. These boards are usually my last stop if all else fails. Sometimes peoples reactions to an honest question are way out of control. Oh and the fighting with a few particulars has become quite old recently...... I just feel if its not wedding related and you want to duke it out with someone maybe you could kindly find a messaging system to use so that I don't have to read through some of the posts� to see if its useful or not. Just a thought!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from that-guy. Show that-guy's posts

Interesting twist.� Multiple personality disorder played out on internet message boards, and she argues with herself?� This has the makings of a Lifetime movie...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 300dpi. Show 300dpi's posts

i have to admit this:
    �looks like its you with the multiple personality and gender identity disorder made me laugh.

If that comment was directed towards that_guy {which it might not have been} where on earth did you come up with the thought that he has multiple personailites or a gender identity crisis?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from that-guy. Show that-guy's posts

Nah, I'm just in a crappy mood today, so I figured I'd swing by and see if there were any fights to jump in.� It looks like you and your multiple IDs are busy enough arguing with eachother, though.�How in the world do you connect multiple screen names with multiple genders?� You're just a dumba$$

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prettyprincess. Show prettyprincess's posts

Helpmehelpme ALWAYS delivers.� Never lets me down.

BTW: everyone's jumping on someone for wanting props, but never stopped to think that today's cookie cutter wedding (that 90% of you are planning) is full of costumes and props.�� But these they're universally accepted, and no one thinks twice about criticizing them,� because they're officially blessed by the Knot, made by Monique Lhullier, or sanctioned by Martha Stewart weddings magazine.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jag27. Show jag27's posts

I think there is a difference between wearing a chicken mask for a particular dance�than wearing�a wedding gown!