Salary Matters?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from liljess. Show liljess's posts

Salary Matters?

All this talk about salaries got me thinking. Would how much money someone makes matter? Would you tend to be more attracted to them, the more money they make? Could you fall in love with someone who doesn't live up to your standards??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

Salary Matters?

you post a ton on here - that six figure salary job apparently doesn't keep you very busy -- and if it doesn't matter, why must you always remind everybody of it -- i think it does matter

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

Salary Matters?

money matters to a degree -- you don't have to make a ton of it - but you need to be able to take care your self financially -- don't want anyone looking for a sugar momma/daddy --

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from liljess. Show liljess's posts

Salary Matters?

I'm not sure it has to do with being materialistic necessarily. Should you want to be with someone who has the same ambitions, goals, etc. And I'm not saying that salary reflects that, but I wouldn't want to be with someone who is deciding to work at a convience store part time and has no intentions of moving forward.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from liljess. Show liljess's posts

Salary Matters?

Exactly. I would think there needs to be some kind of ambition / goals to make a better salary. Wouldn't you want your s/o to have that too?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from liljess. Show liljess's posts

Salary Matters?

And this girlfriend of yours, does she make a respectable salary. Enough to afford these things herself? If not, how does she expect someone to do that for her? Do you think guys think all women are "gold diggers" like that?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

Salary Matters?

You learning how to be American hottie?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from liljess. Show liljess's posts

Salary Matters?

I wasn't attacking her. This is a legitimate question. Heck, I'm happy for anyone who makes 6 figures - that's awesome.

I was just curious how men and women felt about each other's income and how it matters in a relationship.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

Salary Matters?

Well, i don't ever want to get married - but i have a 21 year old daughter who goes to BU (taking a semester off) - i have raised her on my own - no help from government or anything like that - a small child support check from her father -- i own a home and i work full time -- i have what i need and most of what i want -- and i don't think it took oodles of cash - some hard work and long days working full time and being a single parent (who by the way had her mother and niece move in and took care of them as well -- although my mom had her social security so i didn't support her financially, just put a roof over her head) -- anyway, don't really care about funstuff but she does go on about her education and salary a bit -- you ought to let your family turn the heat up to at least 65 degrees in the winter --

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Salary Matters?

Yes, it matters. I wouldn't want to get stuck taking care of someone else's bills. They would have to make at least equal to what I make, unless of course they have family wealth and do not need to work, then I could just be arm candy!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

Salary Matters?

my question and observation was legit -- and others have posed the question and made the same observation --

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

Salary Matters?

Ever hear the saying, "Don't Mess With Texas"!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from polyamarous1. Show polyamarous1's posts

Salary Matters?

I think what matters more is HOW they make there money, also. As a military officer i had the honor of working with lots who were paid at the poverty line, but for whom I would have opened up a vein for anyday of the week. Currently I find my self employed in an industry synonomous with the epitome of corporate greed, most of my co workers are unable to sell there souls to the devil, because they dont have one. There has got to be some balance, I do believe that wealth and decency can coexist though

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderingsoul. Show wonderingsoul's posts

Salary Matters?

It may be shallow but it matters to me, Im a single mother working hard to keep a roof over the head of my family, and I want a man who can at least share that burden not add to it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from liljess. Show liljess's posts

Salary Matters?

I don't think that's shallow at all. I feel the same way. It's not like I need someone to take care of me...I would never ask that. But I certainly wouldn't date a slacker.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bertibella. Show bertibella's posts

Salary Matters?

hey fun........how's your shepard? (Never told me his/her name)

I SO agree with you. My girlfriend has a quote; which i dont totally agree with, but its sort of true, she says, "Money isnt everything its the ONLY thing!"

Which i dont TOTALLY agree with, but who wants to be with a loser guy with no job/no money, no ability to buy anything for himself, expects YOU to pay for everything, etc. I think people should be on an even keel; (altho I wouldnt mind being with a Donald Trump myself) but I dont mind being with a guy who is at least pulling his own weight!?? Is there something wrong with that? In the same token, I would not HAVE respect for a man who expected to "glom" off of me? Expected ME to pay for everything! It works both ways. I work hard, I expect my significant other to work hard as well? Im sure you will agree there is nothing wrong with that state of mind. Watch every one will start picking on me now. Can I borrow your shepard to bite them?? I sprechenze deutch!?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderingsoul. Show wonderingsoul's posts

Salary Matters?

Right, Ive been taking care of my 2 kids and my mother and father for the past couple yrs. I want someone to compliment this family and work as hard as I do to make it even better.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderingsoul. Show wonderingsoul's posts

Salary Matters?

I'm not saying if Im married and run into hard times I would send him packing. What I am saying is I'm not going to consider dating someone who can't take care of themselves.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderingsoul. Show wonderingsoul's posts

Salary Matters?

Oh I wasn't insulted. I was just making the point a little clearer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

Salary Matters?

$400/mo? Are you serious?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bertibella. Show bertibella's posts

Salary Matters?

Your gonna get Tex mad!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

Salary Matters?

That little man has a lot to learn!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bertibella. Show bertibella's posts

Salary Matters?

Are you from iraq or something? I'm talking about German Shepard Dog. You know, woof woof? barky barky ........ Police Dog, Attack Dog? Etc.? How you say? Shwienhundt? Bite Me? (Just kidding Tam)

Do you now know word?

Get one. Good protection. No need speak English.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

Salary Matters?

Reversed situation here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

Salary Matters?

Barky barky.

That was good!!