Seaport Brides

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bride2010. Show bride2010's posts

Seaport Brides

Trying to decide if the Seaport is the right place for my summer wedding 2010. Any input on the different rooms, service, and food would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreChic. Show SShoreChic's posts

Seaport Brides

The Lighthouse Room is the way to go if your dead set on the Seaport! (In my opinion.) Unless you are having 200ppl. Good Luck! Beautiful location!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bleeble. Show bleeble's posts

Seaport Brides

That's so funny, I just went to a wedding in the Lighthouse Room! they did a really nice job with the decor and lighting, it had avery contemporary feel. It did not feel like a hotel ballroom at all. The food was great and everybody danced all night. It was a blast.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreChic. Show SShoreChic's posts

Seaport Brides

I disagree, this is boston not newport, the view is suppose to be of the city, and from that bridge you can see the skyline of boston, at night it is fabulous, with all the lights. And to get back to the city its a 5-10min walk or a $5 cab ride over the bridge. the BHH is beautiful but i've heard its ALOT more expensive. Good Luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bride2B2009. Show bride2B2009's posts

Seaport Brides

I am having my wedding reception at the Seaport Hotel in the Lighthouse ballroom next fall. We have never been to a wedding at the Seaport but I have attended several large formal corporate events there and the food and service has always been fabulous. My FI and I are both total foodies and so food and service were top priorities in booking a space for our reception.

The staff at the Seaport has been unbelievable in helping us plan our day. Meeting with us multiple times working with our budget etc...

We came very close to booking another venue a few months before we looked at the Seaport but the staff at the other hotel really began to show their true colors when it came time to negotiate and sign the contracts. That process left us with a really bitter taste for the wedding industry. In contrast, the Seaport's service has gotten even better through the negotiation process and we could not be happier with our final choice.

The three ballrooms at the Seaport are very different from each other. We chose the Lighthouse because we loved the view of the city at night and the access to outdoor space for our guests. The open layout shows up beautifully in pictures and really gives you a much different look that you would usually get from a hotel ballroom. Good Luck with your planning I hope you book a place you’re just as excited about!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Seaport Brides

the area is totally creepy at night and there are tons of rats!

other than that, it's very nice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Seaport Brides

we were there less than 4 months ago, and they were the size of raccoons, I swear!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Seaport Brides

LOL I don't know about the area being creepy, but based on the geography, I think it's believable to say that there are rats!

Anyway, I think the area by the Seaport/World Trade/Pavilion is great.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bride2010. Show bride2010's posts

Seaport Brides

Good to hear. What room did the bride have her wedding in?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreChic. Show SShoreChic's posts

Seaport Brides

i work in that area, and i wouldn't say that the seaport is any worse off, regarding rats, than any other neighborhood in Boston!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WALLYDEC29. Show WALLYDEC29's posts

Seaport Brides

I was married in the Plaza rm last dec-- no rats!! It was so beautiful and such an amazing day. The service is top notch, and the food was above and beyond anything that any of the downtown big hotels had to offer. I considered all of them, money wasn't the issue with us, it came down to service and quality of experience for our guests. We dealt with Nicole-- who is amazing. Your guests will get beautiful accomadations, and if they would like to go downtown its a 10 minute walk with a boston harbor view or a five dollar cab ride. Truely a top notch quality and care is taken with everything about your day. Good luck in your search!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brydetobe. Show brydetobe's posts

Seaport Brides

I just got married last week at the Exchange Conference Center which is actually on the water across the street from the Seaport at the end of the pier. It's much cheaper with the views and cocktail hour outside on the deck on the water. It's owned by Legal Sea Foods so the food is amazing. I could not have hoped for a more perfect day - they were fabulous. Only thing is, they say their limit is 150 but I'd say maybe 130 would be ideal - I had 100.

Good luck!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WMegs5. Show WMegs5's posts

Seaport Brides

Hi everyone,

I am meeting with Nicole in a few days to look at Seaport. How was the room block priced there compared to downtown Boston hotels? Any suggestions before I meet with her? Thanks :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brydetobe. Show brydetobe's posts

Seaport Brides

I'm not sure where the rumor that the ECC doesn't have ac or heat came from but it was perfectly fine. It ended up being a sunny 70 degrees in October - amazing. We got so many compliments on the food being spectacular! Perfect day, couldn't have imagined it any better.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WALLYDEC29. Show WALLYDEC29's posts

Seaport Brides

There is no comparing the rates!!! So much cheaper than the ones downtown-- the guest rooms are beautiful too. We actually ended up getting the Admiral room and it has the most incredible views... Good luck.. Nicole is amazing, you will love her. She is so easy to work with and makes everything about your wedding day so special. They give the most incredible service..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CityGirl07. Show CityGirl07's posts

Seaport Brides

Not to ruffle any feathers here, but I went to a wedding at the Seaport this summer and the food was not good. It was filet and shrimp (which I was psyched for!) but both were overcooked almost to the point that they were inedible. Unfortunately everyone at the table had the same experience. I don’t know if we were served last and ours stayed on the stove longer or what, but it was disappointing. The appetizers were also all cold (when supposed to be hot) and were not circulated well at all during cocktail hour. I thought the room itself was nice. We stayed at the hotel and it was nice. DH used the pool/sauna/gym with the guys and he said those were nice.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabreeze50. Show seabreeze50's posts

Re: Seaport Brides

Last summer my husband and I went to a wedding at the Seaport Hotel. The ceremony was held in the Conservatory Room. Beautiful views. Someone said that Seaport does not own that anymore, but can set up a rental. I really don't know anything about that. Stunning though. Recpetion was in the Lighthouse Room. We felt like we were in a wedding in New York City! There were top of the line brown linen...silk we think. Green chair cushion on dark brown chairs. Pink uplights. Tall vases of flowers...pink and orange...who did centerpieces we are not sure...Seaport???? Anyway, beef and shrimp...mmmmm excellent. Felt like we were on a top notch cruise ship...service at dinner was excellent. Not like other weddings where they drop the food in front of you. Wedding cake had nice decorations on plate...not a piece of cake thrown on a plate. Outside area was very nice...cocktails tables set up... no rats.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Re: Seaport Brides

LIn Response to Seaport Brides:
    [QUOTE]we were there less than 4 months ago, and they were the size of raccoons, I swear!
    Posted by cosmogirl[/QUOTE]

LOL