Show us your Dress - pictures please

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarahbth. Show sarahbth's posts

I am bumping up the Oct 2007 to May 2008 thread, but please, post new ones here so we do not start at 14 pages.

Because we are always curious - but also, I am actively looking with a cousin. 
         She especially wants - portrait or other neckline  NOT straight across strapless,  though some sweetheart neckline strapless  whose makers will add a 3/4 length lace  illusion sleeve (Maggie Sottero and others will if the cut is right.) .  Others with sleeves, fairly slender cut.  She wants a detachable train, not to have hers bustled. 
    Since she is just over six feet, she will have to have length manufacturer added,  and many will do a detachable train for the right cut dress,  and little detail at the hem.

Show your dress,  maker link or picture,  and if you had a second runner up,  or saw/tried on ones with sleeves,  waist rouching, and most details in the bodice but few in the skirt,  or a detachable train  Post that dress too!
    Magazines are showing more not corset back or strapless,  she is looking for Sept 09 or maybe late Aug.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarahbth. Show sarahbth's posts

Pictures, please.  Audrey Hepburn, modeling in Funny Face

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarahbth. Show sarahbth's posts

Previous Post,  Yolanda couture.  Sometimetimes you cannot copy and paste,  but in this case if you use the website click to enlarge,  you can right click copy on the new large picture.
       SCM 1011- Great dress!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

I just had to tell you SCM1011 that I LOVE your dress.  I was thinking of something roughly along those lines myself--sheat with all-over lace and smallish train.  thanks for sharing =).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from starbuckslas. Show starbuckslas's posts

this is my dress, but mine will have wide cap sleeves made of the same lace that is on the hem

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fizzz. Show Fizzz's posts

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff95/aubrey622/Wed1.jpg?t=1215429581

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpringBride08. Show SpringBride08's posts

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/springbride08/blackdot.jpg

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

You should play around with Jasmine Bridal's web site.  They offer a section called Temple Ready in which you can adjust the neckline and sleeves of a bunch of different dresses.

http://www.jasminebridal.com/html/en/web2_templeready.asp

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakehousegirl. Show Lakehousegirl's posts

Here's the back of my dress, I don't have a great front pic and I haven't figured out how to to do the "Fashion Dont" black mark across the eyes yet either.  The front is a a v-neck/sweetheart neckline and the lace splits in the front underneath the bust (sigh).  I loved that dress (bigger sigh)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarahbth. Show sarahbth's posts

[Quote]Finally made a decision!  The picture shows the dress in gold, but I'm doing ivory:

http://www.sophiatolli.com/Details.aspx?cname=SophiaTolli&year=0&season=&best=False&pid=501707&did=501647&
    [/Quote]
    Nova Cat - what is the general price range for Sophia Tolli ?
    Not a line I ever heard of, and the site says she designed Maggie Sottero's for years.  The nearest store is Sherbrooke Quebec, so it would be nice to know befor going up to look at Daphne and others.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarahbth. Show sarahbth's posts

Like Maggie Sottero - which has some high price, but loads $700 to 1400,  which is within budget.  Thanks Novacat

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[Quote]Okay..can't figure out how to post here..so here is the link..

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w7/mldollaz/misc/Marissa477-1.jpg

[/Quote]

Posting now is a pain.  Note I posted twice by accident; I have no idea how.

Anyway, I like the tulle layers on your dress. :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from klm44. Show klm44's posts

Kargiver...I LOVE your dress! Where did you get that?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I just had my second fitting. The sleeves are now only 3/4 length, and have been depoofed. My petticoat is sewn in so the bottom has been poofed. The lace now stands up perfectly and the bodice is form fitting. The train has been shortened to chapel length. I don't have a recent photo; this one was taken at Vows when i decided to buy it. I wonder if my picture will post!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[Quote]Kargiver...I LOVE your dress! Where did you get that?[/Quote]

Hey, klm, thanks!! I removed that original picture and replaced it below with me in it. :) I got it at Vows (consignment shop) in Newton. They had "estimated original price" as $5400, but my seamstress believes it's more like an $8000 gown, a Romona Keveza (or something like that). I paid $700. Yahoo!!!

See below for changes I've made (description, no photo until next/final fitting)

Thanks,again!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy1821. Show judy1821's posts

This is my dress.. but im getting it in Ivory!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

judy, fab dress! I can envision a cake to match the bottom of you wanted. Not sure if this is going to post as the picutre posting still seems to be broken. Now your photo covers up my typeing window; I can't move it...so, ladies, here are my raw typing skilss,not editing my mistakes! I can't see a tyhing bu tthe cursor. Anyway, ivory will be lovely. I can just see the edge of "submit" so here I go...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Is my post underneath judy's dress?

Anyway, I tried to say how lovely it is and I can imagine a cake made in the style of the bottom. It will be great in ivory.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moiety. Show moiety's posts

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=1668&prodgroup=10

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

Trying again - hope this works.

IMG_2177.JPG.jpg

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cracker1. Show cracker1's posts

This is a great site, either I can't see the pictures of your dresses or they are covering other posters. Good job BDC!! Another job well done.
    Are you going to fix this or wait until no one will post and we all go away!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

Just going to post the link. The dress is in ivory with champagne sash.

http://casablancabridal.com/Products/Detail.asp?View=F&ModelNo=1858&Cat=Best%20Seller&SubCat=

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy1821. Show judy1821's posts

wth?? why did my pic cover up kargivers post?? sorry for covering you up with my big dress lol

Sections
Shortcuts