Show your dress pictures please - 2009

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy1821. Show judy1821's posts

my dress is in ivory

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[Quote]Ha! Good observation Pink! I love everyone's dresses. Here's my lacey dress. No red sash & I'm trying to decide if I should keep the train or not. It's short, but I'm hoping the ceremony will be outside...[/Quote]

Beautiful! Keep the train - they get dirty underneath no matter what.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[Quote]http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=J1082

Hope this works...[/Quote]

It worked, and I love the textures - very distinctive and pretty.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

[Quote]Mine is the Maggie Sottero Francis which I can't picture of because it's been discontinued.[/Quote]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

The Francis was the first dress I tried on and I seriously almost bought it! It is so simple and elegant, yet still has the glamour with the illusion train.

It was exactly what I thought I wanted.
    Then I ended up in all allover lace with a long train, lol.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nova, your dress is lovely, and is one I considered for myself for a long time. I would have been happy to go with it; I particularly love the bias gathering.

Here is a short version of your link. If you would please replace your long web address above with this, your post won't push the rest of the thread over so half of the boxes become unreadable.

Dress

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Dress!

I hope this works...

This was the second dress I tried on, then tried about 12 after it amd kept coming back to this one!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I also vote for keeping the train.

[Quote]Ha! Good observation Pink! I love everyone's dresses. Here's my lacey dress. No red sash & I'm trying to decide if I should keep the train or not. It's short, but I'm hoping the ceremony will be outside...[/Quote]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

gorgeous draping! [Quote]Dress!

I hope this works...

This was the second dress I tried on, then tried about 12 after it amd kept coming back to this one![/Quote]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RN13. Show RN13's posts

[Quote]http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=J1082

Hope this works...[/Quote]

Judy I love your dress! Can I ask where you ended up buying it and what they charged?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Sligthly OT- but here's Fergie's wedding dress, she went for a very mermaid look witht he long wavy tresses. I don't know how I feel about the flower detail, but to each their own, might be nice for a black & white themed wedding.

Fergie, Josh Duhamel

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jleighla. Show jleighla's posts

I don't know if my dress photo worked, so I'll try again with a link.

Dress

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Very elegant, is the brooch sewn on?

[Quote]I don't know if my dress photo worked, so I'll try again with a link.

Dress
    [/Quote]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jleighla. Show jleighla's posts

The brooch is optional. It's pretty but I'm not sure if I'll wear it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy1821. Show judy1821's posts

RN13-
    Thanks, I got it from Bride N Belle in Medford, it was 900$, cheapest I could find around...they gave me 10% off.
    It looks even more amazing in person, and is very flattering.. you should go try it!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rness. Show rness's posts

[Quote]RN13-
    Thanks, I got it from Bride N Belle in Medford, it was 900$, cheapest I could find around...they gave me 10% off.
    It looks even more amazing in person, and is very flattering.. you should go try it![/Quote]

Thanks so much Judy!! I'm going on SAturday!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I only asked because they can sometimes poke you when you sit down if they're really pointy. I think it's really pretty, like a snowflake :)
    [Quote]The brooch is optional. It's pretty but I'm not sure if I'll wear it.[/Quote]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jleighla. Show jleighla's posts

Good point-- I'll have to sit down in it to see if it pokes me.

I'm getting married in December, so the snowflake will be seasonally appropriate!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

"reply" isn't working for me...sigh.

jlighla, I vote for keeping the lovely snowflake...if it doesn't stab you, that is. ;)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jleighla. Show jleighla's posts

Thanks for the vote, Kargiver! I'm now leaning towards wearing the brooch.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great! You could do a whole snowflake theme for the reception, too, if you wanted. Check out these invitations! (I ordered a few samples from this company. Keep in mind that you have to assemble them if they require it no matter what the Assembly instructions say.)

Invitation Consultants Snowflake Themed Invitations

We had a leaf-theme for our Fall wedding, and in my travels I found tons of tasteful snowflake decor ideas, too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Here is mine - Augusta Jones 'Parker'.

VERY unfortunately they for some unfathomable reason have the model wearing huge black jewelry, which totally takes away from the dress (IMO).

Parker-th.jpg Augusta Jones 'Parker' front picture by heatherv1211

I didn't believe it when people said "you'll just know" in regard to finding a dress - i tried on dozens. When I put this on I was like, "Oh... now I see." Got it at a trunk show... was still a little more pricey than i wanted though.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Beautiful! Yeah, what's with teh black jewelry? You could have your cake be done in the same way as the skirt...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

jleighla I vote for keeping the broach too! Or you could put it on after the ceremony to change up the look - a friend of mine did that - it was her "something extra!"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CityGirl07. Show CityGirl07's posts

Katie did you show your dress??

Sections
Shortcuts