spouse+ junk food= concerned husband

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from liljess. Show liljess's posts

Isn't you're wife pregnant?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderingsoul. Show wonderingsoul's posts

Actually when a woman is pregnant, it's a time in their life they feel like they can eat whatever whenever they want. May not be in their best interests but it happens. Is she only like this when pregnant or is it all the time? And once she had the baby did she lose the weight? If so I could just wait and see what happens once the baby is born, It not I would go with her to her next appointment and let the doctor in on how she is acting. Gestational Diabetes isn't something she needs to deal with.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

I say go buy her a pint of Ben & Jerry's in every flavor and let her be. I'm sure she' eating because she has been having cravings and then eating more because you are making her feel bad about it. Shame on you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyadvice. Show guyadvice's posts

Well I think pointing out the negative and harping on her about it probably makes the situation worse. Why don't you try some positive re-enforcing by asking her to take a walk after dinner instead or trying to engage her interest in other things as a couple, getting her mind off wanting to mow down. I can sympathize with your concerns but bottom line, she is an adult and by you trying to take her choices away from her or telling her what she should and shouldn't eat you are treating her like a child and just from my own point of view that would bother me as your wife and I would be more apt to do what I want so to speak as a way of making my point clear that I will not be told what I should or shouldn't eat. That's just me. You also don't know that her health is going to become an issue. She is pregnant, some women go on a chow down during their pregnancy while other's don't and more often than not it is more of an issue with how quickly they will lose that pregnancy weight after birth if they have put on excess weight from eating. Is she having issues with gestational diabetes or is her doctor stating she is having issues?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Say what you mean - you are worried she's going to be fat and unattractive after she has the baby. It's about what you want, not her.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyadvice. Show guyadvice's posts

okay, I guess I can see your concerns then. I had gestational diabetes in my pregnancy and developed toxemia in delivery and as you know from dealing with it with your other child, it is not a route she should want to go again. Have you tried talking to her openly about your concerns, not in a way that she perceives as negative but more of one through a stand point of a health concern?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderingsoul. Show wonderingsoul's posts

That wasn't very fair, he has a very legitimate concern, She's facing all kinds of health risks if she continues as she is. Most of us who follow knew she was pregnant from his previous posts.

Livefree, I honestly think you really should go to her appt with her and talk with her Dr. Let him explain the risks, That way it's not like you are censoring her.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Those things happen when you are carrying around a baby, it's not unusual. There's alot of stress on the body. Stress = overeating. You should take a couples yoga class.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Your right, i'm sorry - I'm just used to the guys on this board who are so hung up on looks. He's not one of them. But he should do some research into the issue. She's obvioulsy needs more protein - that would fill her up enough so she's not craving sugar and fat. Grill her up some turkey burgers and sweet potato french fries.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

i think that if she had issues during her previous pregnancy you should bring it up in a nice way -- and if she doesn't want to talk about it with you or gets upset, then go with her to the doctor as wondering said and mention it to him in front of her and have an open discussion with the doc. -- also, "cravings" is pretty much not real -- a body craves what it needs - during pregnancy that would be protein and calcium i believe - believe it or not (and i like me ice cream and candy too) when I was pregnant i ate about two heads of broccoli a day - - i hate milk and can't drink it - my body craved the calcium from the broccoli -- i think bringing it up to her in a non-confrontational way would be fine

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Lukes - broccoli? Really? The only craving I had was B & G's chocolate brownie frozen yogurt and I ate it every day.Have you heard about women getting cravings for laundry detergent and gasoline - of course they don't ingest it, just crave it, something to do with having too little iron.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Here we go - check this out

www.pregnancy-calendars.net/foodcravings.asp

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

seriously -- i ate broccoli several times a day -- i think the iron thing is taken care of by the damn vitamins they give you -- iron did not nice things to me - but i took it anyway

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

well i guess that was the point i was making was that cravings aren't really real -- she said if you crave what your body needs you'd eat more broccoli -- i guess i'm just a realist is something --

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

Tru, that schedule sounds awesome. You girls are so lucky. We don't have any schedules made for us. It shouldn't be called a pregnancy, it sounds more like a block party.