Stating the Obvious

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Stating the Obvious

Man this new board is awful. Was looking at the discussions today and noticed how little activity there is now. Posts hardly get into the double digits. Tough for brides to find information when no one posts, tough for those at work to pass the time by, and equally rough on those of us who are using the boards for both reasons.

Thanks b.com for killing the discussions and censoring them to the epitomy of ridiculousness.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bride2B08. Show Bride2B08's posts

Stating the Obvious

I hear ya, Missy.  Waiting for the boards to load is excrutiating.  I'm hoping they'll keep improving.  In the meantime, I need to find another boredom-killer at work...mindless snacking is not going to work for me...first dress fitting in 5 days!  b.com, please save my waistline and fix the dang boards!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Stating the Obvious

Good luck with the fitting. you must be very excited!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from helpplz. Show helpplz's posts

Stating the Obvious

Hi girls! I agree-this s*&#s! (not sure if I could say it) Everyone has left boston.com. Don't know why they tried to fix something that wasn't broke! It's really hard for brides who are still planning and booking things.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rossigirl. Show rossigirl's posts

Stating the Obvious

I agree, this is still very disappointing.  The page loading is still very slow, which kills much of my interest in participating much.  Not enough patience for a 30+ second refresh each time!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Stating the Obvious

I know!  They stink. Good job on driving all of the old posters away!  There was no need for the change; the boards worked just fine.  Now, it takes WAY too long for stuff to load, esp when you get beyond page 1.  But hey, they have managed to make sure that the ads on each page are specifically targeted to the subject matter of the post, so I guess from BDC's perspective and the perspective of their advertisers, the boards are 100% better!  I have been lurking on ivillage rather than here ever since the change b/c it's so much faster over there, but it's just not the same. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Stating the Obvious

this new format really does suck.  last week i went to post in the Boston Celtics discussion board.  I couldn't post in GREEN.  

how can one properly post on a board in a color that is appropriate????

i also find these new BDC boards so much slower.  I don't have alot of time (still trying to find a JOB)... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

Stating the Obvious

Posting suddenly has been coming far more quickly, and yeaterday and today Search has changed so that instead of getting maybe 5 responses, 40 -60 come back (Itried some same searches as early last week.)  The posts come back with their whole thread, so if you search for - Inns in a certain area, a few posts will give you several threads  with lots of posts each,  and generic Hairdresser N of Boston - only 2 threads,  but each full of recommendations.  Finally, WOW.  Lacking in that the threads have numbers, but no .1  or .34  to tell you where in the thread the post with keywords is, but that is fixable.

But NOW -  I cannot post dress pictures,  which you could before and immediately after the changes!  Could they F it up  more?

I wonder,  does what they show advertisers  indicate a drop of more than 90% in number of viewers and posts?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fizzz. Show Fizzz's posts

Stating the Obvious

[Quote]All I want is to know which posts I have read in a particular thread.  Is that so hard to ask?  I've def been visiting here much less often since they made the change.[/Quote]

Ditto, exactly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Stating the Obvious

a rare thread! we hit double digit posts. wow

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Stating the Obvious

[Quote]But hey, they have managed to make sure that the ads on each page are specifically targeted to the subject matter of the post, so I guess from BDC's perspective and the perspective of their advertisers, the boards are 100% better!  [/Quote]

Use FireFox as your browser and add the extensions for ad blocker. I was wondering what everyone was talking about with ads, then I actually opened an IE window and well that sucks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

Stating the Obvious

[Quote]All I want is to know which posts I have read in a particular thread.  Is that so hard to ask?  I've def been visiting here much less often since they made the change.[/Quote]

I'm with you on that.  And they still haven't fixed my member date or number of posts. 

Don't they know, if it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT!!!

(And what's with the default font being 8pt?!!?  You should be able to log in to your profile and set up preferences for font type and size.)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

Stating the Obvious

FYI - I changed my font to 10pt on that last post, and you can see how well THAT worked!!!

I didn't know that about the Firefox ad blocker.  I only have access to IE at work, so I'm stuck with it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Stating the Obvious

thats weird because I never change my font size and it is bigger than yours? why are some small and others arent?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Stating the Obvious

thats weird because I never change my font size and it is bigger than yours? why are some small and others arent?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Stating the Obvious

and didnt intend to post it twice! sorry

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sher. Show sher's posts

Stating the Obvious

[Quote]and didnt intend to post it twice! sorry[/Quote]

haha! Are you just trying to make the post longer? kidding! i am definitely here much less frequently. the old boards i could just leave open and update to see what reloaded and know where i left off. i have no time for this new format!

Sections
Shortcuts