Temp Spike

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl79. Show quadgirl79's posts

Temp Spike

As some of you may know, this is the first month that I been charting my temp. This week I was in my fertile stage and noticed the egg yoke cervical fluid and my cervix was low. I have been reading Taking Charge of my Fertility. So any day now I should ovulate and see my temp spike. My question is, how much does it spike? 1 degree, 2 degress. It went up today by .50 of a degree and over the coverline by .10 of a degree. I dont know if this means I ovulated. I know you guys can help me on this one!

Thanks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

Temp Spike

quadgirl, you're looking for a pattern. One day won't tell you anything - look at it overall. If it's above the coverline for 3 days, you can tell that means you've o'd. My temps on average before I o are usually around 96.9 (can be anywhere from 96.5-97.1) and then after I o, I'm usally around 97.6. Once you've gone through one complete cycle, it will become easier to see. Good luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jls1216. Show jls1216's posts

Temp Spike

My temps are also in the 96.5 - 97.0 range before spiking. They've gone up to 97.7 but never over 98.0 unless I was sick with a fever. That only happened once when I had a bad cold. My thermometer started beeping at me funny so I knew something was wrong.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from julper. Show julper's posts

Temp Spike

I recommend charting on fertilityfriend.com - it takes the guesswork out. It will tell you your coverline and ovulation date 3 days after your temp spike, assuming your temp does not go below the coverline.

And I also echo what Bizz said, your ovulation spike can be as little as 0.2 degrees, but it has to be higher than any of your last 6 temps.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl79. Show quadgirl79's posts

Temp Spike

Thanks everyone, i am charting on both fertilityfriend and the software that comes with taking charge of your fertility. My temps are so up and down I am confused by the way they look. By what I have read in the book, it seems like yesterday was the best day to conceive. Today i dont have any of those syptoms so that slight spike seems like i could have ovulated.

When i have a change later today, i am going to closly look at the two charts and see if there is a pattern. I def think I need to be charting for a couple of months to see consistancy.

I actually had a doctors appt today with my primary care for something else and she just plainly said to relax and have sex everyother day on your fertile week. She said sometimes women who chart and check all the signs sometimes get so wrapped up in it they stress themselves out and therefore it is harder to conceive. I am not stressing out yet, i just want to understand it better.

I hope this is our lucky month.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from itny_toy. Show itny_toy's posts

Temp Spike

The cycle I got pregnant my temp only went up about 1/2 a degree at O time.� It kept increasing after that which tipped me off I might be pregnant.� I agree on the Fertility Friend recommendation.� When I was charting on paper it didn't make any sense.� FF cleared it up for me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl79. Show quadgirl79's posts

Temp Spike

Does your temp always go up if you are prego?� I am 6DPO.� I ovulated on the 24 according to ferilityfriend.com and TCOYF Software.� since then my temp just keeps going up, up , up.�

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

Temp Spike

I would think it's too early to tell. Implantation usually happens between days 7-10 so there wouldn't be any hormonal changes yet. I'd say to just hang out in the 2ww and if you want to test to hold off for another 5 days or so. Good luck!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from itny_toy. Show itny_toy's posts

Temp Spike

Not necessarily, but it can be a good indicator.� Of course I've seen many charts that looked pretty with high temps that didn't result in a pregnancy ... but I like to be optimistic!� And I've seen plenty of ugly charts that lead to a +.� (I have also seen a + test at 6dpo, but only once.)The day I had my + test my temp actually took a dive and I freaked out, assuming the worst.� It jumped back up the next day and I stashed my BBT to keep myself from going insane.� I haven't temped again since.Oh, and I didn't get a + until 13dpo.� Had what I thought was an evap at 12dpo when I held the test in the window and tilted it a certain way, but I disregarded it.� At 13dpo it was clear.� My beta at 13dpo was 51 mIU.� That being the case I think I implanted on the later side, but who can say for sure.It's funny though ... now that I look at my chart I see it start climbing up at 7 dpo.� It's all a mystery!